[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What to do with this team...
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/20/2002  12:45 PM
Looking at all of these trade rumors, I think trading Camby would be the best thing if they got someone who could score downlow. Camby's production is too much of a crapshoot, with some games him putting up 20 and 15 with ease, and others where his stat line says 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 personal fouls. Spree and Houston could both average twenty a game with this new offense, and if you can package Camby and one of our point guards and get a decent threat downlow, maybe a Raef LaFrentz, I would do it. I know everyone was saying not to trade Camby, but he has no offensive game. If he scores 20 points, he gets those points on putbacks. He has no post-up game and he gets injured way too much. I think if we can get a Raef Lafrentz for Camby we should do it.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
dmeesq
Member: #124
1/20/2002  3:31 PM
I agree. Camby has never lived up to his promise and has gotten a free pass for too long as a result of his playoff performance a few season's back. How many lay-ups did he blow last night, and any other night? How does his dunk attemptget blocked by Mutombo, but for his showmanship? I'm sorry, but the guy has been in the league for 6 seasons now, and has never developed a go-to move, has never developed a post game, has never once attended Pete Newell's big man camp and continues to be a soft player. In my mind, if other teams value Camby for his potential and he could return a solid PF or C in exchange, pull the plug, but do it smartly and let someone take some salary cap filler with it, take your pick.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/20/2002  7:47 PM
Yup, thanks for totally backing my point. I have to imagine we can get some sort of talent back with a Camby/Ward package, maybe LaFrentz, or something.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2002  8:16 PM
I would agree with the above and dually note that a post player who can draw a double team would make Houston and Spree even more effective. I would though if his plantar injury/occurance has lowered his trade value any.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
What to do with this team...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy