[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Whats worse? Who's right?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/18/2004  1:56 PM
What Layden did to sprewell, when he band him from being with his teammats after expressing his feelings.

What IT is doing to Shannon because he didn't show up for some ridiculos exiting meeting, on the strength of being totally humiliated in front of some 3o family and friends at that Alanta game

It's absolutely childish that this is all base on personal feelings when this is more of a damn business then anything.

Phil Jackson wrote his book, and 70% of the book is bashing kobe. How childish is that, he's no different then Kobe and shaq bickering on a successful team.Some of the stuff he say's in that book is incredible, he even said coaching Rodman is like coaching an angel comepared to coaching KOBE ( no kidding).

It would be more proffesional if IT viewed shannons lack of production as the reason he's doing what he does, rather then taking it personal becuase he did't show up for some exit meeting after being exited from the court little after he took over from laydead.

WOW! The hipocracy that runs wild in sports ( specifically in the NFL, and NBA) is mind boggling.
ES
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2004  2:09 PM
They're not even close. Spree played hard and well and gave a lot to the organization and deserved to be treated well. Shandon played like garbage. If Shandon contributed like Spree did, I'm sure Isiah would have treated him entirely differently.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/18/2004  2:21 PM
Shannon played up to his potential, although he could have played better. But if was getting 1 mill instead of 8 per, it wouldn't real bother anyone that he shot 29% from the feild. The money always is a issue, thats why allan got booed, thats why all overpaid athletes who don't show up every single night (barring death) get booed or treated different.

IF your thinking None of this is personal with IT and Shannon, your really naive. He has yet to come out and say shannons production has him where he is ( which would be proffesional). So Who knows, i think its retarded the way there treating him, shannon sucks, but that doesn't mean he doesn't play hard.
ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/18/2004  2:30 PM
lets be fair.

Did Sprewell EVER attend a training camp? This is the guy that drove across the country touring the nation and never even gave the team a call. So when Spree broke his pinky it was just more of the same. Why were the Knicks wrong at that point? Spree was a good player, he played hard and he was constantly late for practice, blew off training camps and missed team meetings.

I love Spree but please.. lets call a spade a spade. You can live with this when your winning. When your 32-50 its an issue.

Shandon's situation is totally different. Lenny didnt play him because he was out of the rotation. Penny was better. Plain and simple. Isiah didnt have to tell Lenny not to play Shandon... he figured that one out all on his own.

And as far as we know Isiah NEVER told Shandon not to report to camp. Shandon said himself he never heard that... chalk it up to more NY Post fodder.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
10/18/2004  2:37 PM
Lets be fair here. Sprewell is about as unprofessional as it gets, he blows off meetings, misses training camp and shows up late for games...just because Shandon is not in the same league as spree its stupid to compare the two....

Spree is a fan favorite and i am willing to bet, many fans favorite Knick of all time...I will attest to that. But lets face it Layden is perhaps the dumbest mind in basketball history. With the exception of AK47 he hasn't made one good move...

By going public he hurt Sprees trade value, which was a terrible move.

Isiah just doesn't treat people with respect, Chaney, McDyess, KVH, and Shandon.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/18/2004  2:41 PM
Posted by MS:

Lets be fair here. Sprewell is about as unprofessional as it gets, he blows off meetings, misses training camp and shows up late for games...just because Shandon is not in the same league as spree its stupid to compare the two....

Spree is a fan favorite and i am willing to bet, many fans favorite Knick of all time...I will attest to that. But lets face it Layden is perhaps the dumbest mind in basketball history. With the exception of AK47 he hasn't made one good move...

By going public he hurt Sprees trade value, which was a terrible move.

Isiah just doesn't treat people with respect, Chaney, McDyess, KVH, and Shandon.

When was IT unrespectful to Keith? Can't recall any reports of Isiah doing anything wrong in his dealing with him.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/18/2004  2:54 PM
I can see Rodman being easier to deal with than Kobe, Rodman came into chicago, did his job, didn't complain about anything and won some rings.. With Kobe it was one thing after another, winning wasn't enough, he had to surplant shaq as the "man" in LA... that was plain stupid and annoying...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/18/2004  3:04 PM
i mean seriously, does it really matter who respects whom? these are grown men getting paid millions and millions to do their jobs. if their bosses' want to fine them, who cares? if they want to skip a meeting, who cares?

all i care about is whether the team plays well together and wins. all this other crap is, well, crap.

people will like isiah, people will hate isiah. i don't care, i just want to make sure isiah puts the best out there and that's it.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/18/2004  3:54 PM
Sprewell was one of the better SGs in the league when he came to NY and gave up the 2 spot to play the 3.For most of it he didnt complain about almost always having to guard bigger players which takes more out of a person.Before he left,dolan questioned his professionalism.There are a few things he can be criticized for,showing up late,his tirade against Dolan and the Knicks in his first game back,the "pinkie incident" but when he was on the court he delivered.Shandon didnt even come close.

Could Isiah have handled the situation better?Probably,but Spree gave too much to the team and was too big a part of their success,what success they did have to be nickle and dimed the way he was when Shandon a got a free pass for his lousy play and was alllowed to keep that undeserved streak alive.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/18/2004  4:12 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

What Layden did to sprewell, when he band him from being with his teammats after expressing his feelings.

What IT is doing to Shannon because he didn't show up for some ridiculos exiting meeting, on the strength of being totally humiliated in front of some 3o family and friends at that Alanta game

It's absolutely childish that this is all base on personal feelings when this is more of a damn business then anything.

Phil Jackson wrote his book, and 70% of the book is bashing kobe. How childish is that, he's no different then Kobe and shaq bickering on a successful team.Some of the stuff he say's in that book is incredible, he even said coaching Rodman is like coaching an angel comepared to coaching KOBE ( no kidding).

It would be more proffesional if IT viewed shannons lack of production as the reason he's doing what he does, rather then taking it personal becuase he did't show up for some exit meeting after being exited from the court little after he took over from laydead.

WOW! The hipocracy that runs wild in sports ( specifically in the NFL, and NBA) is mind boggling.

You're forgetting a major word in your discription Knicks1248. Shandon missed a MANDITORY exit meeting. To me, it let's one know that you can't be upset with the organization that is paying you mega millions and you not honor what's asked of you. I bet NO ONE will miss the exit meeting after this season. No one! And.....they'll be on time I bet.

A zero tolaration policy is not always a bad thing.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
bernard
Member: #475
10/19/2004  9:47 AM
IMO, IT's treatment of Shandon is calculated to alienate him. He wants him off the team. He wants Shandon to want off the team. IT's hoping this all will lead to his bosses allowing him to make a trade that takes on extra salary or to a buyout. If the latter's what occurs, he's hoping Shandon will be so frustrated w/ being a Knick that he won't negotiate for every dollar. Is IT being fair or nice to Shandone? No. But I'm not too upset about it. I want him off the team too.

Spree was a totally different situation as the team relied on him. The Knicks didn't discipline him any more than he deserved, imo, and Spree, while he'd probably complain about it to this day, took his medicine and played effectively at the time.
Whats worse? Who's right?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy