[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shandon Anderson for Eddie Robinson
Author Thread
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/18/2004  11:33 AM
If both teams are talking huge payouts, why not do this. To offset the last year for Shandon we give them 3 million and a future 2nd rounder and maybe take back C Trybanski. Still better than the 24 million and having all the trouble involved.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/18/2004  11:39 AM
not a bad idea. i'd do it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/18/2004  11:46 AM
Shandon for Ruben Patterson is much better...Eddie Robinson is a cancer in the lockerroom & a bad influence on the young players in CHI...he's got great athletic skills, but he calls out of a game over his toe hurting? (or was it a practice? i forget)...anyway, we don't need paper thin players with no heart like that on this team.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/18/2004 12:12:40]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
10/18/2004  12:05 PM
"he's got great athletic skills, but he calls out of a game over his toe hurting? (or was it a practice? i forget)"

Is this true? If it is that's pathetic
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
TMS
USA
10/18/2004  12:13 PM
i read an article w/that tidbit recently.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/18/2004 12:13:38]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/18/2004  12:21 PM
he hasnt been playing because his toe hurts... (and he wants to be released)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2004  12:35 PM
I thought about also a few days ago.

Shandon is owed more, but he at least plays. Bulls get a real player, and we buy out E-Robb and send him to the swamp.

Remember when we had people here calling for E-robb?
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/18/2004  12:42 PM
Yuck. I'd rather keep Shan. but if you can do the trade strictly to save $10 million, maybe you do it. Though if Chicago did that trade with NYK, they would lose all the savings they made in the Jamal Craw trade. And people would laugh.

Shan for Ruben makes more sense. But then, this team is LOADED on the wings.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
10/18/2004  1:23 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-041016bullsgamer,0,746515.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

Robinson buyout eyed, source says

ST. LOUIS -- The Bulls and representatives for Eddie Robinson have had talks on a buyout for the forgotten forward, according to a league source.

Robinson has two guaranteed years and $14 million remaining on a five-year, $31.2 million free-agent contract he signed in August 2001.

Robinson hasn't practiced since Oct. 6, the second day of camp, because of a sore big left toe.

He hasn't attended any of the three games in the Bulls' exhibition schedule, which continued Saturday night with a 104-88 loss to Cleveland at this city's Savvis Center.

General manager John Paxson declined comment on a possible buyout but addressed the unusual decision to not have Robinson be part of the team with such a minor injury.

"This is what we're choosing to do," Paxson said. "He and his representatives are on the same page that we are."

After one of his most productive stretches as a Bull, Robinson fell out of favor with management last season for failing to alter his routine and work extra before and after practices and games. He played 22 minutes in the final 24 games.

A postseason meeting between Paxson, Robinson and his representatives supposedly cleared the air. But then came this latest injury, for which Robinson has had a magnetic resonance imaging test.

If Robinson doesn't agree to a buyout, management has made it clear that he will spend the season buried on the injured list.

Robinson's camp will decide if $14 million is worth that scenario or whether to negotiate a buyout figure and hope that Robinson can sign another contract elsewhere.

The Bulls still must make three cuts.

The strong play of unheralded rookies Chris Duhon and Jared Reiner also is complicating matters.

"Are we going to keep an extra guard or two or an extra big man?" coach Scott Skiles said. "That's a determination we have to make."

Reiner's play will lead to Cezary Trybanski getting cut, maybe Sunday.

Cleveland's small backcourt allowed Skiles to start Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich together for the first time.

Andres Nocioni started on LeBron James, who finished with 11 points.

One night after getting benched for all but 17 seconds of the second half and overtime, Eddy Curry responded with 21 points. Luol Deng added 17.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2004  1:58 PM
Posted by TMS:

Shandon for Ruben Patterson is much better...Eddie Robinson is a cancer in the lockerroom & a bad influence on the young players in CHI...he's got great athletic skills, but he calls out of a game over his toe hurting? (or was it a practice? i forget)...anyway, we don't need paper thin players with no heart like that on this team.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/18/2004 12:12:40]
I can't imagine the Blazers trading Patterson for Anderson.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/18/2004  2:07 PM
Is weatherspoon still under contract?

Why not try to send Shandon to Houston to play defense for Van Gundy. Van Gundy loves guys that suck like Shandon.

Shandon for Spoon would be great. I think Isiah would rather buy out Spoon than give a bum like Shandon free money just to sign for what he's really worth to another team. Let's face it////Spoon is not gonna find a taker if he's free, lol.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
10/18/2004  2:11 PM
Don't buy out any of these guys. Their expiring contracts will be more valuable than the joy of knowing that they're not on the team or than the one roster spot that will be freed up.
TMS
USA
10/18/2004  2:16 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Is weatherspoon still under contract?

Why not try to send Shandon to Houston to play defense for Van Gundy. Van Gundy loves guys that suck like Shandon.

Shandon for Spoon would be great. I think Isiah would rather buy out Spoon than give a bum like Shandon free money just to sign for what he's really worth to another team. Let's face it////Spoon is not gonna find a taker if he's free, lol.

Spoon for Shandon would be great...can you convince HOU to take on an extra year of salary to do it? i'm not so sure...but if they'd be down to do it, Isiah would be crazy not to.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/18/2004  3:13 PM
no thanks. from all accounts, shandon is a PROFESSIONAL and erob is not.
toodarkmark
USA
10/18/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Yuck. I'd rather keep Shan. but if you can do the trade strictly to save $10 million, maybe you do it. Though if Chicago did that trade with NYK, they would lose all the savings they made in the Jamal Craw trade. And people would laugh.

Shan for Ruben makes more sense. But then, this team is LOADED on the wings.

I agree. But E Robinson is at 6.8 and 7.3 and S Anderson is at 7.3, 7.8 and 8.5 J Williams was at 5.6, 6.1 and 6.4. See with E Robinson a buy out would cost them 14 Mil. If they take on Shandon they only lose .5 next year in cap space and the 8.5 in 2 years. If they had kept J Williams they would have been 6.4 over. So taking on Shandons only hurts them by 2.1 that year. If they go after free agents next year, they only lose the .5, and they really need a shooting guard there, even as a back up. It hurts them in two years, but if they decide to keep Curry and Chandler and sign a huge free agent next summer, then they will be over the cap in 2 years anyways. If not its an expiring contract. If we take on 1.7 of the C Trybanski and cut him, then it makes alot of sense for them and us.

What do we do with E Robinson? I guess maybe play him half a season, then put him on IR for the rest and promise him a trade at the end of the year when he becomes an expiring contract.
TMS
USA
10/18/2004  4:43 PM
what does CHI want w/Shandon anyway? they'd be better off just buying him out than taking on Shandon's contract.
Bonn1997
USA
10/18/2004  6:25 PM
Posted by TMS:

what does CHI want w/Shandon anyway? they'd be better off just buying him out than taking on Shandon's contract.
Hey, I never said Chi would want Shandon. I think they'd reject the Shandon for E-Rob trade less vehemently than Portland would reject a Shandon for Ruben trade, though.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/18/2004  9:38 PM
Patterson has his own problems.He is a convicted sex offender,has an assault and a spousal abuse conviction to boot.I dont want to go back to the days when it looked like Walt Disney was deciding who the Knicks sign should but Patterson seems to be the other extreme.If what you guys say about Robinson are true then he is the last person we want to see in NY IMO.
toodarkmark
USA
10/19/2004  9:58 AM
Posted by TMS:

They are very small at shooting guard, and Ben Gordon has not been playing well. I love F Williams, but they cant have him playing extensive minutes at SG. This way they get rid of a headache and get an experienced hard working SG who can give them 20 min a night for at least 2 years.
TMS
USA
10/20/2004  9:00 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:
Posted by TMS:

They are very small at shooting guard, and Ben Gordon has not been playing well. I love F Williams, but they cant have him playing extensive minutes at SG. This way they get rid of a headache and get an experienced hard working SG who can give them 20 min a night for at least 2 years.

they can get an experienced hard working backup SG w/o spending an extra $8 million to do it imo...there must be someone available via free agency that would sign a veteran's minimum type deal.

if you said the Knicks would pay for Shandon's last year of his deal, then maybe i can see the logic...but otherwise, it doesn't make fiscal sense for the Bulls to make that deal when E-Rob is a player that didn't even see any playing time last year anyway.
Shandon Anderson for Eddie Robinson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy