[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/12/2021  3:42 PM
fishmike wrote:if you are Thibs, Leon, etc who are you targeting? I dont see any names on that FA list that jump out at me except veteran PGs like Conley except for Derozan. Maybe he's the guy? Derozan is 32 next year so he's got some gas.

Obviously there will be moves even if minor ones but assume Rose comes back, check out the Knicks with Derozan and just the guys currently under contract:
PG Rose/Rivers
SG RJ/Quickley
SF Derozan/Knox
PF Randle/Obi
C Mitch
Dallas FRP, Knicks FRP, Detroit #2

How would you feel about that starting 9 next year? (hopefully a rookie beats out Rivers)

Not to great. Derozan doesn't really fit with Randle. They operate in similar areas of the court. Randle is hitting the three at a nice clip, but I don't want to see him living out there. Derozan doesn't really hit the three well enough to be able to play of Randle out there. Now, it might work if you Derozan coming off the bitch. I would consider that depending on how much he gets.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/12/2021  4:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:if you are Thibs, Leon, etc who are you targeting? I dont see any names on that FA list that jump out at me except veteran PGs like Conley except for Derozan. Maybe he's the guy? Derozan is 32 next year so he's got some gas.

Obviously there will be moves even if minor ones but assume Rose comes back, check out the Knicks with Derozan and just the guys currently under contract:
PG Rose/Rivers
SG RJ/Quickley
SF Derozan/Knox
PF Randle/Obi
C Mitch

How would you feel about that starting 9 next year? (hopefully a rookie beats out Rivers)

Not to great. Derozan doesn't really fit with Randle. They operate in similar areas of the court. Randle is hitting the three at a nice clip, but I don't want to see him living out there. Derozan doesn't really hit the three well enough to be able to play of Randle out there. Now, it might work if you Derozan coming off the bitch. I would consider that depending on how much he gets.

yeah but they are both 2 way guys and excellent ball movers. Both do good things off the ball and are good scorers in a variety of ways. Rose/RJ/DD/JR/Mitch could also be a nasty defensive unit. Also you are adding 3 picks give or take (maybe an EU stash) so hopefully you are adding an impacting player there as well. Cant be sure with pick 15 but pick 15 AND 16 AND 32 has me feeling pretty good we add a player. I also think Obi pops. This year or next Im not worried

Point is we get much better in the short term and we retain assets while hopefully adding more via draft and of course player dev

Just for the record this looks like a very conservative approach. Imagine if we signed Hayward! While a believer in Thibs coaching Im not an advocate for him to be GM anytime soon, but he was right to want Hayward. I would have wondered why we gave this guy $30mm whatever when we stink. Only to be like oh... ahhh... well ok then

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

3/12/2021  4:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

PG Rose/Rivers
SG RJ/Quickley
SF Derozan/Knox
PF Randle/Obi
C Mitch

yeah but they are both 2 way guys and excellent ball movers. Both do good things off the ball and are good scorers in a variety of ways. Rose/RJ/DD/JR/Mitch could also be a nasty defensive unit. Also you are adding 3 picks give or take (maybe an EU stash) so hopefully you are adding an impacting player there as well. Cant be sure with pick 15 but pick 15 AND 16 AND 32 has me feeling pretty good we add a player. I also think Obi pops. This year or next Im not worried

Point is we get much better in the short term and we retain assets while hopefully adding more via draft and of course player dev

Just for the record this looks like a very conservative approach. Imagine if we signed Hayward! While a believer in Thibs coaching Im not an advocate for him to be GM anytime soon, but he was right to want Hayward. I would have wondered why we gave this guy $30mm whatever when we stink. Only to be like oh... ahhh... well ok then

Hahahaha I meant bench, not b*tch. Yeah, Hayward might've been nice. But my main concern with him was his injury history. As well as he's played, he's also missed a lot on noncovid related games to health. As for DD, I feel he's more of finishing piece. PG and shooting have to be the top priorities.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/13/2021  4:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2021  4:50 AM
High school announcer caught by hot mic blames racist outburst on high blood sugar

-Announcer used racial slur for girls’ team who knelt for anthem
-Incident happened before Oklahoma high school playoff game
-Broadcaster blames racist comments on diabetes in statement

An announcer for a live stream of an Oklahoma girls’ high school basketball game cursed and called one team by a racial epithet as the players knelt during the national anthem, then suggested his diabetes was to blame for the episode in a statement expressing his regret.

The incident occurred on Thursday before the Norman High School-Midwest City quarter-final game in Sapulpa as the Star-Spangled Banner began to play. The broadcasters told their listeners on the NFHS Network stream they would return after a break and then one, apparently not realizing the audio was still live, used an expletive and the epithet as the Norman players knelt.

“They’re kneeling? Fuck them,” one of the men said. “I hope Norman gets their ass kicked.”

He continued: “I hope they lose. C’mon Midwest City. They’re gonna kneel like that? Hell no. ... Fucking niggers.”

The incident was posted on Twitter and widely disseminated on Friday.

Matt Rowan, owner of OSPN, the third-party company that produced the telecast for NFHS, revealed on Friday afternoon that he was the speaker overheard during the anthem.

Rowan, who described himself as a family man and former youth pastor, said there was “no excuse” for his comments before disclosing that he suffers from type 1 diabetes and attributing his use of racist language to hyperglycemia.

“I do not believe I would have made such horrible statements absent my sugar spiking,” the statement read.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/12/oklahoma-high-school-basketball-racial-slur

Sheesh, where to begin with that!

smackeddog
3/13/2021  11:32 AM
Why did the Rockets flip Jarrett Allen to the Cavs when they did the Harden trade? If they held on to him until the deadline, surely they'd have been better off (a) they could have trialed him out next to Wood, and (b) even if they didn't want to keep him, they could have gotten more than the 2022 Bucks first rounder if they'd waited until now to deal him.
BigDaddyG

3/13/2021  1:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
High school announcer caught by hot mic blames racist outburst on high blood sugar

-Announcer used racial slur for girls’ team who knelt for anthem
-Incident happened before Oklahoma high school playoff game
-Broadcaster blames racist comments on diabetes in statement

An announcer for a live stream of an Oklahoma girls’ high school basketball game cursed and called one team by a racial epithet as the players knelt during the national anthem, then suggested his diabetes was to blame for the episode in a statement expressing his regret.

The incident occurred on Thursday before the Norman High School-Midwest City quarter-final game in Sapulpa as the Star-Spangled Banner began to play. The broadcasters told their listeners on the NFHS Network stream they would return after a break and then one, apparently not realizing the audio was still live, used an expletive and the epithet as the Norman players knelt.

“They’re kneeling? Fuck them,” one of the men said. “I hope Norman gets their ass kicked.”

He continued: “I hope they lose. C’mon Midwest City. They’re gonna kneel like that? Hell no. ... Fucking niggers.”

The incident was posted on Twitter and widely disseminated on Friday.

Matt Rowan, owner of OSPN, the third-party company that produced the telecast for NFHS, revealed on Friday afternoon that he was the speaker overheard during the anthem.

Rowan, who described himself as a family man and former youth pastor, said there was “no excuse” for his comments before disclosing that he suffers from type 1 diabetes and attributing his use of racist language to hyperglycemia.

“I do not believe I would have made such horrible statements absent my sugar spiking,” the statement read.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/12/oklahoma-high-school-basketball-racial-slur

Sheesh, where to begin with that!

He said that with the hard ER. It came out smoothly too, as if he had years of practice. I've done weird things when my blood sugar has dropped, but you'd think you'd have a candy bar in hand if you're doing a tv broadcast.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/13/2021  5:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2021  5:10 PM
You don't drop N bombs by accident if they're not already in your regular vocabulary. Also in Oklahoma a politician (Republican shockingly) apologizing for using the term "colored babies" in an abortion rights debate. Not as vicious but damningly indicative. Claimed it was a "slip of the tongue' and "not who he was in his heart." The usual pathetic apology to "anyone he may have offended." To be that clueless in 2021...unfortunately the reality is these people are still out there and even running things.

So we beat their team today -- excellent!

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/13/2021  11:23 PM
Definitely not an accident. Hope he got canned.
The Future is Bright!
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/14/2021  6:27 AM
KnickDanger wrote:You don't drop N bombs by accident if they're not already in your regular vocabulary.

This is 100% true. If you think it, you are bound to use it, and the thinking is problematic in itself. Although these days with kids of all races listening to gangsta rappers, and there it is N-this N-that all day, it is going to be slipping out casually all the time. I understand that the way this word is used by black rappers (as opposed to OH politicians) is a completely different context, but I still struggle to see how any use of this word is a an acceptable thing.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2021  10:22 AM
I have listened to the Bodega boys a few times. They drop the N-Word. No, I won’t use it but I see how infectious it can be casually. Its almost as if when they are talking about men in black culture instead of using “they” its replaced by “N******”.
I get it, and in no way was the announcer making any inference but hate. If his blood sugar dropped it streamed for his mind with no filter. That was hate that leaked out.
Juliano
Member: #7589

3/14/2021  3:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2021  3:11 PM
Watching Grizzlies-Thunder... Ja Morant is more than a bit good, ain't he? He plays with purpose and drive, very energetic when he gets the ball, yet doesn't look to be selfish. He attacks the rim, draws defenders but doesn't try and play hero ball. He seems to know when to kick it out for a 3 if he's surrounded in the paint, and his handles are quite something. Guy is gonna be a long term star.
smackeddog
3/14/2021  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2021  4:08 PM
Juliano wrote:Watching Grizzlies-Thunder... Ja Morant is more than a bit good, ain't he? He plays with purpose and drive, very energetic when he gets the ball, yet doesn't look to be selfish. He attacks the rim, draws defenders but doesn't try and play hero ball. He seems to know when to kick it out for a 3 if he's surrounded in the paint, and his handles are quite something. Guy is gonna be a long term star.

It’s such a shame we missed him by one pick, he’s been great. There was an interesting argument/discussion on the Mismatch podcast as to whether they’d rather have Ja Morant or LaMelo ball as their franchise PG and which is better/more impressive- honestly don’t know where I stand on that! I think Ja might be more injury prone, so maybe I’d go with LaMelo, but then again Ja seems to have more of a winning player X factor

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/14/2021  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2021  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Wish he’d had this resurgence AFTER we’d traded for him at a low price!

I just wish we trade for him but at this point it might take a major foundational piece to get him.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/15/2021  5:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Juliano wrote:Watching Grizzlies-Thunder... Ja Morant is more than a bit good, ain't he? He plays with purpose and drive, very energetic when he gets the ball, yet doesn't look to be selfish. He attacks the rim, draws defenders but doesn't try and play hero ball. He seems to know when to kick it out for a 3 if he's surrounded in the paint, and his handles are quite something. Guy is gonna be a long term star.

It’s such a shame we missed him by one pick, he’s been great. There was an interesting argument/discussion on the Mismatch podcast as to whether they’d rather have Ja Morant or LaMelo ball as their franchise PG and which is better/more impressive- honestly don’t know where I stand on that! I think Ja might be more injury prone, so maybe I’d go with LaMelo, but then again Ja seems to have more of a winning player X factor

So many “almost” picks. Barrett is starting to get to a new level so that makes me happy. But the mythical star PG we’ve always wanted keeps getting away.

Knicks_Fan
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/15/2021  7:16 AM
Devonte Graham, let's do it. I am onboard.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/15/2021  10:40 AM
The best defensive rating on the Nets in the win against the Celts?

James Harden.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2021  12:39 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

3/15/2021  12:45 PM
martin wrote:

Someone in the Knicks organization needs to recognize and make Tommy the head of PR.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/15/2021  12:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Someone in the Knicks organization needs to recognize and make Tommy the head of PR.

Certainly better than Steve Stoute..

BigDaddyG

3/15/2021  4:06 PM
I'm rooting hard for Bobby Hurley on this one

All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy