[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/25/2021  11:08 PM
Lonzo Ball's shot looks legit, 5-7 tonight and Pelicans really don't make use of his talents as a PG. Everything runs through BI and Zion. Problem is that I still wouldn't trade or pay him.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/26/2021  8:34 AM
This has to be one of the worst plays i have ever seen, just showss how much the 3 ball has taken over the game

A 4 on 1 break to tie the game and these idiots all stopped at the 3 point line

ES
TPercy
Member: #5748

2/26/2021  10:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:This has to be one of the worst plays i have ever seen, just showss how much the 3 ball has taken over the game

A 4 on 1 break to tie the game and these idiots all stopped at the 3 point line

MPJ has the IQ of a brick. If I was Malone I’d personally deduct his salary for that. How the hell are you a 6’10 athlete and you run to the corner? Unacceptable. But in the bright side, Wizards winning is a good thing because they can be an insurance policy just in case we start going on losing streaks

The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/26/2021  10:45 AM
The play broke when Porter went to the corner. Beal if he sees him has to move off Murray to fill the lane or MP is wide open.
once that happend Murray’s mind snapped. To MP defense maybe he thought he’d draw Beal and Murray would have an open look or path to the rim.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2021  12:43 PM
LOL meanwhile...

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/26/2021  2:21 PM
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/26/2021  2:23 PM
martin wrote:LOL meanwhile...

Ha ha! I do find ShwinnyPooh very funny on twitter and on the podstrickland podcasts

smackeddog
2/26/2021  2:28 PM
I'm glad it's looking like Michael Porter Jr and Tyler Herro got over rated during their stint in the playoffs bubble- not a fan of either of them
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/26/2021  5:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm glad it's looking like Michael Porter Jr and Tyler Herro got over rated during their stint in the playoffs bubble- not a fan of either of them

You just don't like them for no reason?

ES
Nalod
USA
2/27/2021  4:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm glad it's looking like Michael Porter Jr and Tyler Herro got over rated during their stint in the playoffs bubble- not a fan of either of them

At least when you don’t like a player you respect them enough to make up ****. You tell them dude, you tell them!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/27/2021  6:46 AM

Gerod & Stewart hahaha

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
2/27/2021  11:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Correct

Nalod
USA
2/27/2021  4:23 PM
Kyrie calling for NBA, “A league built on the backs of black kings” should be replaced by Kobe.

While I don’t mind the intent Kyrie brings I think its too soon to Kobes death. ITs emotional issue but also a rod to attract attention when you say “Black Kings”. Kobe is an all time great but does one player really get to depict the image?
Jerry West was always the model and we all saw it but that was then. “Black Kings”? If so then do Bill Russell who won more than Kobe and had to endure the segregated era. Thats whose back Kyrie talks about. Then there is Jabbar.
Personally I don’t think any one player should be honored. I’d like to see a homogenized silhouette that depicts no particular player, not a white or a black player either. The league is many shades of men from different parts of the world. We recognize the history both good and bad in other ways. The logo is the brand, not a memorial.
Move it from Jerry? The intent was never to honor him. Should it be modernized? Thats a different narrative.
No man is perfect and certainly Kobe’s greatness did have some scars and his legal issues might not be received universally as neutral. I’m not judging, but a logo should not controversial. Thus keep it abstract.
Only one that comes close to being iconic is Jordan but his Jumpman Logo is already a brand.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/27/2021  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2021  9:11 PM
Kyrie taking the night off against the Mavs of course.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/27/2021  9:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Kyrie taking the night off against the Mavs of course.

Maybe a mental health day. I mean, a lot of pressure to get the logo changed, AND stoke a racial divide in the league.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/27/2021  10:36 PM
joec32033 wrote:

Maybe a mental health day. I mean, a lot of pressure to get the logo changed, AND stoke a racial divide in the league.

So glad we don’t have to deal with all his nonsense in a Knick Uni.

Knicks_Fan
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/27/2021  10:41 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

So glad we don’t have to deal with all his nonsense in a Knick Uni.

Amen. I said for a long time him and the NY media would be a toxic mix. Hiding in Brooklyn was probably the smartest thing he ever did.

~You can't run from who you are.~
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/27/2021  10:43 PM
One night I want the Nets to win they fold like a dollar slice.
Nalod
USA
3/1/2021  9:23 AM
Nalod wrote:Kyrie calling for NBA, “A league built on the backs of black kings” should be replaced by Kobe.

While I don’t mind the intent Kyrie brings I think its too soon to Kobes death. ITs emotional issue but also a rod to attract attention when you say “Black Kings”. Kobe is an all time great but does one player really get to depict the image?
Jerry West was always the model and we all saw it but that was then. “Black Kings”? If so then do Bill Russell who won more than Kobe and had to endure the segregated era. Thats whose back Kyrie talks about. Then there is Jabbar.
Personally I don’t think any one player should be honored. I’d like to see a homogenized silhouette that depicts no particular player, not a white or a black player either. The league is many shades of men from different parts of the world. We recognize the history both good and bad in other ways. The logo is the brand, not a memorial.
Move it from Jerry? The intent was never to honor him. Should it be modernized? Thats a different narrative.
No man is perfect and certainly Kobe’s greatness did have some scars and his legal issues might not be received universally as neutral. I’m not judging, but a logo should not controversial. Thus keep it abstract.
Only one that comes close to being iconic is Jordan but his Jumpman Logo is already a brand.

Clyde Chimes in.........

https://nypost.com/2021/02/28/walt-frazier-isnt-on-board-with-kobe-bryant-being-nba-logo/

Clyde must be reading our posts again (I’m kidding) and he takes a position similar to mine that you can’t just have one person as the logo.
After Thurman Munson died there was a huge emotional pull for him to be in the HOF. When an athlete of stature is stricken in the prime of life it shakes up sports fans badly. Guys like Kobe were larger than life and to lose a person like that demonstrates our own infallibility. Perhaps Marv can chime in on if I’m right or wrong.
With Munson the HOF instituted a 5 year waiting period so emotions could calm down and the player with his statistics could be properly evaluated.
I was very young but recall being really upset when Roberto Clemente died. This guy was a great player, handsome, and had a elegant manner about him. sort of a Mariano Rivera like cool but even more so. He died in a plane crash n a humanitarian mission delivering supplies to earthquake ravaged Nicaragua. This guy was the first Caribbean/Latin American superstar. Think of American in 1955 when he broke in with the Pirates. He still batted over .300 at age 37 in his last season.
Think of all people that “I was just talking with Kobe...(Textng) a month before he died”, etc etc because he was a high exposure person and had a big life. He was iconic. His legal issues and not being coachable are all forgotten as its just a piece of his legacy. 5 chips, 81 pt games and his last season/game is legendary. That he had an awful injury and came back is noted but those last three years were not very productive.
My point is not to knock him down but just put it in perspective that outside of him dying in a helicopter crash would he be the logo? Kobe represents a current generation. As Clyde and I intimated it ignores too many eras. Major League Baseball has a very generic logo since the early 70’s that holds up well. One might be critical of the nose being to “Anglican” as its razor sharp. Maybe in a cultural correct world we now live it its looked at with a different optic. NFL has no player depicted. Perhaps that’s where they should go to. Its a strong Global brand now and having a basketball player need not be depicted. If so, make it a cool abstract graphic with a bold NBA. The future of the game will have new iconic players as well perhaps tragic deaths in its future. We can’t be changing the logo based on emotions. Its not that west is white and the league was “built on black kings”, but perhaps the optics of one player or one race in a league that has many players form all parts of the world is good enough reason to make it inclusive of all, or change it to better represent that reality.
NBA has global aspirations. It also has strong American branding. Logo is red, white and Blue. “National” implies American. The name came after other failed leagues in teh 40’s.
If yo have European franchises and perhaps in Asia would it should be a logo and a name not consistent with its content? American branding is not always well received.
The game is bigger than one player. The game is now bigger than one country. Thats a good reason to change the logo.

martin
USA
3/1/2021  11:34 AM
Who are the Malik Monk fans out there?

All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy