[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/23/2021  10:14 PM
To make matters worse I just saw Luka hit a clutch 3 to beat the Celtics. Brad Stevens is a fraud and both Tatum and Brown should be stripped of their all star spots. Terrible night for us.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/23/2021  10:20 PM
Seems like we’ll have to get to the lottery with our pick, but this mediocre team will make sure to get us out of the running, just when a draft has real franchise talent. Of course, Knicks just being Knicks.
Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/24/2021  2:32 AM
TPercy wrote:To make matters worse I just saw Luka hit a clutch 3 to beat the Celtics. Brad Stevens is a fraud and both Tatum and Brown should be stripped of their all star spots. Terrible night for us.

Past few nights have been a disaster for our Cavs pick- all the teams we needed to win lost!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2021  9:09 AM
KP’s numbers are not bad but winning is the key. From their perspective they swung for the fences with him and mostly bet on his upside health.
Teams talk trades all the time and it’s not unreasonable to put KP out there to see if anything makes sense. The west is not locked up. Lakers are all that if AD can get back and stay on the court. Clippers have the talent but Kawahi and PG13 might have the leadership/alpha to lead. Maybe just a clash of talent? Kawahi is an alpha on the court with his talent but in SAS and Toronto he had strong personalities. Seems like deferring to PG13, or hm to Kawahi is instinctive given who they are. Lowrey was strong enough to lead with and without the ball. Kawahi respected him. Does he respect PG13?
Luka is no doubt a ball dominant alpha but does he know when to defer and to whom? KP for all his warts I’m just not sure has played enough NBA games to really understand the other facets of the game.
Part of Randles growth might be simply he played enough in the league, and last year as the alpha he started to figure it out. It was not always pretty, (aka: The Spinover) but besides the physical work a light might have went off in his head and that itself took it to another level. Luka has been a teen sensation and sees the court. He now must lead men. KP has to understand his role and can thrive or does he fancy himself otherwise? I know some of you are in his head but I have not read anything that confirms knick fan hate of KP’s diva act to the degree he wants out of Dallas, or the team can’t see a path with him.
It could very well be teams are asking and they are talking, but seems unlikely they move him. Not because they paid too much for him, but it still might work on the court.
Does Boston with its exception have any assets to give that could help Dallas with a trade for KP? For some reason I can see him as a third option on either boston or philly. Its a stretch. Its what we do as fans. Just thoughts.
TPercy

2/24/2021  12:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:To make matters worse I just saw Luka hit a clutch 3 to beat the Celtics. Brad Stevens is a fraud and both Tatum and Brown should be stripped of their all star spots. Terrible night for us.

Past few nights have been a disaster for our Cavs pick- all the teams we needed to win lost!

Yeah I don't know whats going on in West. Pissing me off.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/24/2021  12:35 PM
Nalod wrote:KP’s numbers are not bad but winning is the key. From their perspective they swung for the fences with him and mostly bet on his upside health.
Teams talk trades all the time and it’s not unreasonable to put KP out there to see if anything makes sense. The west is not locked up. Lakers are all that if AD can get back and stay on the court. Clippers have the talent but Kawahi and PG13 might have the leadership/alpha to lead. Maybe just a clash of talent? Kawahi is an alpha on the court with his talent but in SAS and Toronto he had strong personalities. Seems like deferring to PG13, or hm to Kawahi is instinctive given who they are. Lowrey was strong enough to lead with and without the ball. Kawahi respected him. Does he respect PG13?
Luka is no doubt a ball dominant alpha but does he know when to defer and to whom? KP for all his warts I’m just not sure has played enough NBA games to really understand the other facets of the game.
Part of Randles growth might be simply he played enough in the league, and last year as the alpha he started to figure it out. It was not always pretty, (aka: The Spinover) but besides the physical work a light might have went off in his head and that itself took it to another level. Luka has been a teen sensation and sees the court. He now must lead men. KP has to understand his role and can thrive or does he fancy himself otherwise? I know some of you are in his head but I have not read anything that confirms knick fan hate of KP’s diva act to the degree he wants out of Dallas, or the team can’t see a path with him.
It could very well be teams are asking and they are talking, but seems unlikely they move him. Not because they paid too much for him, but it still might work on the court.
Does Boston with its exception have any assets to give that could help Dallas with a trade for KP? For some reason I can see him as a third option on either boston or philly. Its a stretch. Its what we do as fans. Just thoughts.

Boston did have a crap ton of picks. Problem is that they are horrible at drafting talent it seems. Their bench is supposed to be loaded with 1st round draft picks showing promise but outside of J&J they look like a bunch of G leaguers. Knowing Ainge he could figure out a package though... a lineup of

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
KP
Theis

looks very intriguing, but their bench would be even more depleted. They really messed up letting Hayward leave for free.

The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2021  12:46 PM
TPercy wrote:
Nalod wrote:KP’s numbers are not bad but winning is the key. From their perspective they swung for the fences with him and mostly bet on his upside health.

Boston did have a crap ton of picks. Problem is that they are horrible at drafting talent it seems. Their bench is supposed to be loaded with 1st round draft picks showing promise but outside of J&J they look like a bunch of G leaguers. Knowing Ainge he could figure out a package though... a lineup of

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
KP
Theis

looks very intriguing, but their bench would be even more depleted. They really messed up letting Hayward leave for free.

Ainge gets waaayyyy too much overall credit as a GM because of the Tatum-Markel swap. He messed up the Hayward exit, signed Kemba at a high level of risk, Rozier walked for free, and I can't tell if one of the many many draft picks turned into anything. Has Aaron Nesmith made a basket yet?

Boston is under .500 and salary capped til after next year with little wiggle room.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy

2/24/2021  1:24 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
KP
Theis

Ainge gets waaayyyy too much overall credit as a GM because of the Tatum-Markel swap. He messed up the Hayward exit, signed Kemba at a high level of risk, Rozier walked for free, and I can't tell if one of the many many draft picks turned into anything. Has Aaron Nesmith made a basket yet?

Boston is under .500 and salary capped til after next year with little wiggle room.

Oh yeah there's no question he's f'ed up. He did very well accumulating many 1st round picks but ever since Tatum draft they've all been horrible bar Payton Prichard who seems to be their only decent contributor off the bench. But they still do have all their picks, Kemba, and 1-2 pieces to make a move.

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/24/2021  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2021  1:43 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
KP
Theis

Oh yeah there's no question he's f'ed up. He did very well accumulating many 1st round picks but ever since Tatum draft they've all been horrible bar Payton Prichard who seems to be their only decent contributor off the bench. But they still do have all their picks, Kemba, and 1-2 pieces to make a move.

I think the IT situation really jammed the Celts up. We saw it when AD all but said he would never re-sign with Celts, even if they trade for him. We all know AD was going to the Lakers, but the Celts are the only team he (his dad anyway) went out of his was to bad-mouth. If AD thinks that way, the there is no doubt that there are others. Gordon Hayward is another example of a guy who pushed his way out because he thought Since was sketchy. Now, I'm sure there are players who don't care as long as they get paid. But when all things are equal, I'm sure the Celtics will end up on the losing end of most free-agent negotiations.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2021  3:44 PM

Guess there will be no practice time the second half of the season- schedule is brutal for all teams

BigDaddyG

2/24/2021  4:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Guess there will be no practice time the second half of the season- schedule is brutal for all teams

So you're saying Thibs will have no choice but to play Frank, Knox and Rivers?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

2/24/2021  4:59 PM
Ha, looks like someone got it into his head to stop jerking off with the ball and to go north-south. Not too late for him to turn it around.

Knicksfan
USA
2/24/2021  8:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So you're saying Thibs will have no choice but to play Frank, Knox and Rivers?

Hahaha, he still won’t.

Knicks_Fan
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/24/2021  9:33 PM
Speaking anti-tank, Celts getting spanked by the Hawks tonight. After Brooklyn, Philly, Bucks, East is wide open.
Knicksfan
USA
2/25/2021  5:43 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Speaking anti-tank, Celts getting spanked by the Hawks tonight. After Brooklyn, Philly, Bucks, East is wide open.

A very mediocre year for so many teams.

It’s one of the reasons why right now I’m so turned off by our recent play and the prospect of things remaining the same. Making the playoffs with a losing record will suck as it will be a byproduct of more teams losing than us earning it.

And yes, it’s a nice story that we are winning more than we expected, but on a year with great franchise talent, it just sucks. We’ve had other years of semi-respectability where we have been around .500 and remain in this eternal rebuilding.

So until this team takes the next step with a winning record, the draft talent will remain the sexier and actually better outcome for the future. Development is important, but when your coach really undervalues youth, there isn’t much to be excited about a scrappy veteran team making the playoffs with a losing record.

Knicks_Fan
martin
USA
2/25/2021  11:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Ha, looks like someone got it into his head to stop jerking off with the ball and to go north-south. Not too late for him to turn it around.

And if you don't watch to the end you'll miss some oddly soothing feel-good music that'll relax you to the core

BigDaddyG

2/25/2021  11:45 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Ha, looks like someone got it into his head to stop jerking off with the ball and to go north-south. Not too late for him to turn it around.

And if you don't watch to the end you'll miss some oddly soothing feel-good music that'll relax you to the core

You're right. I thought it was all downhill after the Coach Godwin "ballhog" gloves commercial. I mean, how do you top an intro like that? Then DSJ hits two threes in one game! But that outro really seals it.

martin
USA
2/25/2021  5:25 PM
The pure definition of NY clickbait

TPercy

2/25/2021  10:06 PM
martin wrote:The pure definition of NY clickbait

Love the KP slander lmao. I don't think anyone is giving Collins big money. How many teams need a PF upgrade?

OKC?
BOS?
Denver?
Utah?
San Antonio?

None of them got cap space like that besides OKC and I doubt theyd pull the trigger. Guy is going to have to come to terms with reality of the market.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/25/2021  10:07 PM
Mavs lose and Grizzlies are about to beat Clippers. Much better turn of events
The Future is Bright!
All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy