All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/22/2021  9:09 AM
Uptown wrote:

Can't remember a time when a team fired their coach mid-season, and grabbed an assistant coach from another team. Seems like they were already having some type of discussions with Finch's team/agent before they fired Saunders.

Yeah that's not a great way to do business but seems like the case. I know most coaches won't negotiate under those circumstances out of respect for the coach that's about to get fired.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2021  10:05 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Can't remember a time when a team fired their coach mid-season, and grabbed an assistant coach from another team. Seems like they were already having some type of discussions with Finch's team/agent before they fired Saunders.

Yeah that's not a great way to do business but seems like the case. I know most coaches won't negotiate under those circumstances out of respect for the coach that's about to get fired.

What? Yeah they would, dog eat dog world man

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/22/2021  3:06 PM
wolves gm rosas and finch go back. rosas wanted finch as his first coach hire but wolvws gm taylor overruled him and told him to keeo saunders raps played wolves twice the past 2 weeks so this was being discussed for a bit. and teams dont generally block assistants from taking head coaching jobs eslewhere.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/22/2021  5:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Was just watching the Nyets highlights against Phoenix. Is there anything more entertaining than watching Harden yell defensive coaching instructions to his teammates while he's on the court? That should be a flagrant 2.

Hate to say it but that team has played with the big three for only seven or eight games. When they have all played they have looked tough to beat. The flat earther is having a very good year. The Beard seems to have trimmed his desire to yank up 30 shots per game. And the so called gimp is showing the same form as before injury. Think if the stay healthy, they will be coming out of the East. If they do, get ready for the ban wagon freaks sporting the black BK's.

There's no denying the level of talent that can dominate at any time. I will be cheering for their failure as I do against all super friends.

I see a typical coach team imploding in the playoffs. Or is Kyrie the coach? I don't remember.

Does Kyrie have an NTC? I would trade Kyrie to LA for Kuzma and Schroeder, and some bench players to make it work. Irving is the wildcard in their title hopes.

Now that they have Harden, a deeper bench is a better way to go. That is if LeBron can forget Kyrie's comments about him. If LA loses to the Nets in the finals, or the Nets implode. Lebron or Kyrie might be open to a reunion. Depending on who doesnt win. Especially if Harden makes Kyrie look like a third wheel.

I saw somewhere that Kyrie needs to call LeBron and apologize earnestly before LeBron can forgive him. I can't see Kyrie doing that until the day he retires.

Do not think either of those two really care. Nor do I see them playing together. Don't see why Kyrie would want to go join LBJ now just to win a chip after distancing himself from him when they had the chance to do so in Cleveland? Kyrie seems just fine with Harden and KD. They just swept the West without KD.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/22/2021  6:12 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Was just watching the Nyets highlights against Phoenix. Is there anything more entertaining than watching Harden yell defensive coaching instructions to his teammates while he's on the court? That should be a flagrant 2.

Hate to say it but that team has played with the big three for only seven or eight games. When they have all played they have looked tough to beat. The flat earther is having a very good year. The Beard seems to have trimmed his desire to yank up 30 shots per game. And the so called gimp is showing the same form as before injury. Think if the stay healthy, they will be coming out of the East. If they do, get ready for the ban wagon freaks sporting the black BK's.

There's no denying the level of talent that can dominate at any time. I will be cheering for their failure as I do against all super friends.

I see a typical coach team imploding in the playoffs. Or is Kyrie the coach? I don't remember.

Does Kyrie have an NTC? I would trade Kyrie to LA for Kuzma and Schroeder, and some bench players to make it work. Irving is the wildcard in their title hopes.

Now that they have Harden, a deeper bench is a better way to go. That is if LeBron can forget Kyrie's comments about him. If LA loses to the Nets in the finals, or the Nets implode. Lebron or Kyrie might be open to a reunion. Depending on who doesnt win. Especially if Harden makes Kyrie look like a third wheel.

I saw somewhere that Kyrie needs to call LeBron and apologize earnestly before LeBron can forgive him. I can't see Kyrie doing that until the day he retires.

Do not think either of those two really care. Nor do I see them playing together. Don't see why Kyrie would want to go join LBJ now just to win a chip after distancing himself from him when they had the chance to do so in Cleveland? Kyrie seems just fine with Harden and KD. They just swept the West without KD.

Yeah, I see this going down like Kobe and Shaq. Oh, well. Not the Knicks problem.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/22/2021  10:05 PM
Mavs up on Grizzlies... . No KP - “back issue.” Mavs haven’t played in over a week.....
TPercy
Member: #5748

2/22/2021  10:08 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Mavs up on Grizzlies... . No KP - “back issue.” Mavs haven’t played in over a week.....

This is not how it was supposed to go. Useless Grizzlies

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
2/22/2021  10:36 PM
TPercy wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Mavs up on Grizzlies... . No KP - “back issue.” Mavs haven’t played in over a week.....

This is not how it was supposed to go. Useless Grizzlies

haha yeah

BigDaddyG

2/22/2021  11:11 PM
New year, same ole Gordon seriously, hope it's not another broken limb.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/23/2021  1:13 AM
Seeing rumors on FB and IG that Mavs are feeling out other teams to gauge value and potential trade interest for KP... crazy if true!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/23/2021  4:38 AM
jskinny35 wrote:Seeing rumors on FB and IG that Mavs are feeling out other teams to gauge value and potential trade interest for KP... crazy if true!

The Dallas Mavericks "quietly gauged" the trade market for Kristaps Porzingis, sources told Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report.

Fischer added that the team is beginning to re-evaluate whether Porzingis can support Luka Doncic as a second option on a contender.

The Mavs are currently looking to add a center to supplement Porzingis, with Andre Drummond mentioned as a candidate.

The team is also expected to make a "significant offer" for John Collins should he make it to restricted free agency.

Porzingis missed the Mavs' Monday night game due to back soreness.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2933005-league-sources-say-mavericks-quietly-gauging-kristaps-porzingis-trade-value

John Collins plus Gallo or whatever to make the salaries would make sense

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/23/2021  8:14 AM
smackeddog wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Seeing rumors on FB and IG that Mavs are feeling out other teams to gauge value and potential trade interest for KP... crazy if true!

The Dallas Mavericks "quietly gauged" the trade market for Kristaps Porzingis, sources told Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report.

Fischer added that the team is beginning to re-evaluate whether Porzingis can support Luka Doncic as a second option on a contender.

The Mavs are currently looking to add a center to supplement Porzingis, with Andre Drummond mentioned as a candidate.

The team is also expected to make a "significant offer" for John Collins should he make it to restricted free agency.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2933005-league-sources-say-mavericks-quietly-gauging-kristaps-porzingis-trade-value

KP's being described as "not being able to guard anyone". You're the Hawks GM, and you're going to take on that contract and give up John Collins? For what? All the love you're going to get from the huge Latvian community that lives in Atlanta? While you wait in joyful hope for the magical regeneration of those knees?

martin
USA
2/23/2021  10:25 AM
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

KP's being described as "not being able to guard anyone". You're the Hawks GM, and you're going to take on that contract and give up John Collins? For what? All the love you're going to get from the huge Latvian community that lives in Atlanta? While you wait in joyful hope for the magical regeneration of those knees?

John Collins doesn't play much D either and is really undersized at PF. He wants a max contract and turned down $20M per and is butting heads with Trae. Atlanta could lose him for nothing

KnickDanger

2/23/2021  10:36 AM
Dallas played excellent without the doucheicorn last night as seems to be the case regularly. And now he has a back issue that keeps him off the court after over a week off? With that max millstone, who will trade for him other than an exchange of bad deals?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/23/2021  11:13 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Dallas played excellent without the doucheicorn last night as seems to be the case regularly. And now he has a back issue that keeps him off the court after over a week off? With that max millstone, who will trade for him other than an exchange of bad deals?

As talented as KP is, the injuries, lack of toughness and affinity for taking 30 footers seems to be getting old in Dallas. Feel they would do better with a high energy player like Collins. Do not think a guy like Drummond makes sense. Don't see Luca looking to dump off a lot of passes to a post player.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/23/2021  11:34 AM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

John Collins doesn't play much D either and is really undersized at PF. He wants a max contract and turned down $20M per and is butting heads with Trae. Atlanta could lose him for nothing

Getting a stay broke unicorn and his max contract would possibly be worse than nothing. And I'm sure DivaKP would just get along with Trae perfectly.
Ah well, whatever. Let the Hawks do what they will.

As long as no one starts a "What about taking KP back in a trade?" thread on the UK.

KnickDanger

2/23/2021  11:56 AM
jrodmc wrote:
As long as no one starts a "What about taking KP back in a trade?" thread on the UK.

Great idea!

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/23/2021  12:57 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Great idea!

That thread would need to be immediately locked with the starting poster being tarred and feathered and rode out of this forum on a rail while listening to Chumbawumba on repeat for all eternity.

~You can't run from who you are.~
KnickDanger

2/23/2021  2:28 PM
KP listed as out tonight vs Boston.
BigDaddyG

2/23/2021  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2021  2:35 PM
All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy