All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2021  3:09 PM
Juliano wrote:
Nalod wrote:Glad he got his money and hope its not a lingering after affect. Not talking weeks, but years!
Much we don’t know about virus despite overall cavalier attitude about it.

I've had it, it took me 3 weeks/1 month to breathe normally. It wasn't severe, more of an inconvenience. Something alike having to make the air pass through a filter inside the lungs, breathing requires more effort, and I coughed whenever I tried to speak too fast.

Ugh. How about now? And with heightened activity?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Juliano
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7589

2/16/2021  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2021  4:36 PM
martin wrote:
Juliano wrote:
Nalod wrote:Glad he got his money and hope its not a lingering after affect. Not talking weeks, but years!

I've had it, it took me 3 weeks/1 month to breathe normally. It wasn't severe, more of an inconvenience. Something alike having to make the air pass through a filter inside the lungs, breathing requires more effort, and I coughed whenever I tried to speak too fast.

Now is OK, I run 8.25 miles every monday morning (my day off) without any problem. I am yet to try a high intensity workout though, something that would push my heart to the 180/190bpm range. 50 straight burpees for example.

martin
USA
2/16/2021  4:43 PM
Juliano wrote:
martin wrote:
Juliano wrote:

Now is OK, I run 8.25 miles every monday morning (my day off) without any problem. I am yet to try a high intensity workout though, something that would push my heart to the 180/190bpm range. 50 straight burpees for example.

Good to hear. Feel like 5 burpees would be considered a high intensity workout for me

Juliano
Member: #7589

2/16/2021  4:52 PM
martin wrote:Good to hear. Feel like 5 burpees would be considered a high intensity workout for me

LOL! Well I don't think I could do 50 straight now anyway, I'd probably manage about 20 before having to catch my breath.

Welpee
Member: #6239

2/16/2021  5:33 PM
Juliano wrote:
martin wrote:Good to hear. Feel like 5 burpees would be considered a high intensity workout for me

LOL! Well I don't think I could do 50 straight now anyway, I'd probably manage about 20 before having to catch my breath.

Props to you! I think this is a great testament to your conditioning prior to the virus.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/16/2021  10:22 PM
martin wrote:

Goes to show the business side of NBA. Kid balled at Seton Hall and has a lot of talent. Problem is that the Knicks were committed via draft or FA contracts to several PG's/Wings. So many kids have this issue. Just not enough roster spots to go around. Hopefully he gets a real shot someday with an NBA team. Reason why G League is so important for these kids. As is a Summer League.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/17/2021  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2021  12:25 PM
Carmelo Anthony quietly moving up the NBA All time points leader board.

8 Shaquille O'Neal 28,596
9 Moses Malone 27,409
10 Elvin Hayes 27,313
11 Hakeem Olajuwon 26,946
12 CARMELO ANTHONY 26,794
13 Oscar Robertson 26,710
14 Dominique Wilkins 26,668

Will most certainly get past The Dream for 11th by seasons end and will be to slide into the 9th spot if he can play one more productive season but I can't see him getting past Shaq.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/17/2021  2:13 PM
Was just watching the Nyets highlights against Phoenix. Is there anything more entertaining than watching Harden yell defensive coaching instructions to his teammates while he's on the court? That should be a flagrant 2.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/18/2021  11:20 AM
jrodmc wrote:Was just watching the Nyets highlights against Phoenix. Is there anything more entertaining than watching Harden yell defensive coaching instructions to his teammates while he's on the court? That should be a flagrant 2.

Hate to say it but that team has played with the big three for only seven or eight games. When they have all played they have looked tough to beat. The flat earther is having a very good year. The Beard seems to have trimmed his desire to yank up 30 shots per game. And the so called gimp is showing the same form as before injury. Think if the stay healthy, they will be coming out of the East. If they do, get ready for the ban wagon freaks sporting the black BK's.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/18/2021  1:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Was just watching the Nyets highlights against Phoenix. Is there anything more entertaining than watching Harden yell defensive coaching instructions to his teammates while he's on the court? That should be a flagrant 2.

Hate to say it but that team has played with the big three for only seven or eight games. When they have all played they have looked tough to beat. The flat earther is having a very good year. The Beard seems to have trimmed his desire to yank up 30 shots per game. And the so called gimp is showing the same form as before injury. Think if the stay healthy, they will be coming out of the East. If they do, get ready for the ban wagon freaks sporting the black BK's.

There's no denying the level of talent that can dominate at any time. I will be cheering for their failure as I do against all super friends.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/18/2021  4:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

There's no denying the level of talent that can dominate at any time. I will be cheering for their failure as I do against all super friends.

Agreed. Nothing could be finer than this dumpster fire waiting to happen imploding during the playoffs. They all staying healthy for any amount of time is going to be akin to winning three lotteries with the same number on the same day.

I was trying to imagine what a league of nothing but players like Harden would be like. I know defense is a lost art, along the same lines as following your shot, but i truly believe he could singlehandedly destroy the sport.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/19/2021  1:57 PM
Utah Jazz are on an absolute tear the last few weeks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/19/2021  2:18 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I see a typical coach team imploding in the playoffs. Or is Kyrie the coach? I don't remember.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/20/2021  6:11 PM
BigDaddyG

2/20/2021  7:57 PM
martin wrote:

Brooklyn

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/21/2021  3:32 AM
martin wrote:

37.6% FG- yikes!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/21/2021  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2021  11:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I see a typical coach team imploding in the playoffs. Or is Kyrie the coach? I don't remember.

Does Kyrie have an NTC? I would trade Kyrie to LA for Kuzma and Schroeder, and some bench players to make it work. Irving is the wildcard in their title hopes.

Now that they have Harden, a deeper bench is a better way to go. That is if LeBron can forget Kyrie's comments about him. If LA loses to the Nets in the finals, or the Nets implode. Lebron or Kyrie might be open to a reunion. Depending on who doesnt win. Especially if Harden makes Kyrie look like a third wheel.

BigDaddyG

2/21/2021  1:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Does Kyrie have an NTC? I would trade Kyrie to LA for Kuzma and Schroeder, and some bench players to make it work. Irving is the wildcard in their title hopes.

Now that they have Harden, a deeper bench is a better way to go. That is if LeBron can forget Kyrie's comments about him. If LA loses to the Nets in the finals, or the Nets implode. Lebron or Kyrie might be open to a reunion. Depending on who doesnt win. Especially if Harden makes Kyrie look like a third wheel.

I saw somewhere that Kyrie needs to call LeBron and apologize earnestly before LeBron can forgive him. I can't see Kyrie doing that until the day he retires.

Kemet
Member: #6148

2/21/2021  6:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

37.6% FG- yikes!

A 7.0 center shooting 37% FG .... trade him to the G.League!
I watch a Houston game where on 4 consecutive offensive possessions Cousins stayed on the perimeter around the 3 ball line never putting a foot inside the paint. What NBA team wants a 7 footer that dont take advantage of his height by getting a few inside scoring baskets a game???

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/22/2021  9:04 AM

Can't remember a time when a team fired their coach mid-season, and grabbed an assistant coach from another team. Seems like they were already having some type of discussions with Finch's team/agent before they fired Saunders.

All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy