[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury vs. Crawford
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
10/18/2004  11:23 AM
There is a lot of talk about Houston, he has been getting booed and everyone is ready to disregard him, and I am wondering why no one ever looks at Stephon when Crawford is playing well.

Considering he is our best trading asset, I wonder how long it will take before Knicks fans turn on Marbury...I think its way to early to tell if Stephon becomes expendable, but at the game on Saturday there was a lot of talk from fans about this very subject.

Because what Isiah has is three positions for the future, with Crawford, Sweetney, and Ariza (two of which have a chance to be good defenders), and I wonder if Isiah sees a deal out there that can improve this team in the long run would he trade his prized possesion.

Marbury is the best we have and a top 10-15 talent in the league, but there are not enough shots for Crawford and Marbury to both be scorers even though Craw was very efficient, he needs the ball in his hands to score....

Any thoughts, on our backcourt of the future? And if you think Marbury is expendable who is out there that you would consider trading for him?

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/18/2004  11:28 AM
if your going to have an uptempo game having two guards that handle the ball like Marb and Craw are huge. Having them together will just make it easier for everyone else on the floor... include Houston
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/18/2004  11:31 AM
I think this is very premature, but I'm sure it won't be long before fans and writers like Berman and Mitch start wondering aloud. Probably the first time Crawford gets more assists than Marbury in a real game, I'm guessing.

One thing I would say is that neither Marbury or Crawford is a pure point guard. This is why I really like the idea of having two combo guards who can make plays or score. I think this is incredibly hard to defend. Wait until the regular season before we judge this team, especially Marbury's play - I think its safe to say he's not going full speed and understands this is pre-season, whereas Sweets, Ariza and Jamal are trying to steal playing time from vets.

That said, if a trade comes along for a big man like Sheed or Gasol or someone of that ilk, I think Isiah would have to think about it. But to trade Marbury, you aren't going to get equal value as anyone in the league knows he would be crushed to be traded from NYC, his home. I think Crawford is going to turn into a pure SG and the success of this team will hinge on whether Marbury can sacrifice his precious 20ppg for a chance to be real contenders. Worth watching.
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/18/2004  11:32 AM
It might not take long to turn on Marbury at all. Especially with Steph's track record. I just hope that it doesn't happen.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/18/2004  11:43 AM
A couple of years ago I think this might have been a real concern, especially with Steph's old penchant for getting pouty and negative. But I think he's a changed man and will be such a positive force for the Knicks that there will be no credible thoughts about wanting to trade him. The backcourt will be tremendous and he'll be a true team leader. From everything I've read and seen and heard the last few years I think he's totally sincere when he says that his time in the Phoenix jail cell turned his life around and he's going to be nothing but a positive for the Knicks. Look at how he handled the Olympics pressure this summer.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/18/2004  11:46 AM
This is just silly. Marbury should finish his career here. This is not some fantasy league. Do you know what type of psychological affect a trade like this would have on a team. If they sat there and called him the turn around, the savior, the NYC point guard come home, the team leader, all these things and traded him for someone, why would ANYONE want to play for Isiah or the team? Do you get what I mean? Isiah is trying to create a culture, and Stephon is the top of that culture. I predict Stephon stays here, and him and Jamal are the front court for the next however long Jamal is here.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
10/18/2004  12:56 PM
excelent point mark. isiah was trying to create a three guard offense, that served to be a championship philosify in detroit. why would he try to create and then emediately kill this stratigy without at least giving it time to grow? we have argueably one of the strongest back courts in the league, and in my eyes may be a center away from serious contention.
MS
Member: #724
10/18/2004  1:12 PM
I think the one player who is very expendable is TT, he is grossly overpaid, and we need to get defensive minded players to surround crawford and marbury...

Its a nice start with Ariza (three years away) and Sweetney (two years away) from really developing into complete players.

I really thought Isiah missed a nice oppurtunity with Chris Anderson who is the type of player that is great for the offense with his ability to run the floor and finish. He is an exiting young player that would have worked really well...
Marbury vs. Crawford

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy