[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Doleac fitting in with the Heat
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/18/2004  10:05 AM
Saw the game against the Magic.He shot 50% from the field,11pts,9rebs,2 steals,3 blocks in 32 minutes with Shaq out with an injury.He was running the same pick and rolls he was in New York with Wade and hitting shots with someone in his face.

I know its early and plenty of time for Nazr to turn it around and TT as well but at some point they both have to prove that thay were worth bringing to NY and for the most part I havent seen them do it consistently to justify it.Not that Im a big fan of KVH.

Fortunately their contracts are about up so if it ends up being a mistake unlike years past,the Knicks wont be paying for it long term unless someone gets an extension they dont deserve.
AUTOADVERT
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
10/18/2004  10:24 AM
No disrespect to Doleac but 9 rebounds and 3 blocks in 32 minutes? Come one now, we all know he won't keep that up consistantly. He's a solid player but 11, 9 and 3 per would be almost Ben Wallace type number give or take a few rebounds.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Kwazimodal
10/18/2004  10:43 AM
No disrespect taken.The guy is a backup so I wouldnt expect him to do that every night but my point was that with Doleac we had someone who played solid defense and opened up the floor for Marbury by being a reliable shooter.I cant say the same thing about Nazr.Like I also said,its early and Nazr can still turn it around but so far Doleac looked like a better fit.Even Isiah said he regrets not being able to get him back on the team.
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/18/2004  10:52 AM
"Even Isiah said he regrets not being able to get him back on the team."

True! I wish we'd have gotten him back too......Damn Denver!!! Oh well, let's hope the tandem of Baker/Mohammad make up for a potential Doleac/Mohammad.
Kwazimodal
10/18/2004  10:56 AM
If Baker can stay sober and healthy then I would agree there is a good chance that Doleac's abscence wont mean much.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/18/2004  10:57 AM
Yeah, I think this team is lacking a solid, defensive center. I'm not sure Doleac is that guy night in and night out, but he'd be an improvement over Baker. I'm willing to give Nazr a few more chances, as he did play better than any center last year...
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2004  11:09 AM
Does Doleac do anything on defense that Nazy and Baker don't do? (And no, I'm not referring to one preseason game; we have long careers to judge these players on.)
MS
Member: #724
10/18/2004  11:15 AM
Has anyone watched Baker lately, he has no rise on any of his shots, can't get a shot off in traffic, doesn't rebound or defend very well, he needs loads of work.

And I am still not a big fan of the two trades other than Marbury that Isiah made

Moochie and Amechi for Weatherspoon. He is not a good player he is undersized, and can't shoot so he doesn't really belong in NY.

KVH and Doleac brought something that was important, especially for this line up and thats versatility. Van Horn no matter what you say about him was playing great last year he was being aggressive took playing in NY as a personal challenge and could spread the floor, rebound and play within a team concept. Can you say that about TT, not really. TT disapears just like Van Horn doesn't work defensively even though he should be a great defender and has been more trouble than hes worth.

Naz is a back-up. You can't call someone who didn't flourish with the Hawks a key to any deal. Ratliff was injured often so he had plenty of time to shine. Yes he is a good rebounded occasionaly and can give you a 20 16 game sometimes but i am still not a big fan. I enjoyed Doleac because he worked hard, did his job was professional and worked well on the pick and roll.

If the preseason has shown us anything its that there is not one team in the entire NBA that can check Crawford and Marbury one on one, so that means the team needs shooters, and thats why Houston is essential in the three guard line-up, because he will never be double, Kurt Thomas is going to get easy buckets and so is any other jump shooters
Kwazimodal
10/18/2004  11:22 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Does Doleac do anything on defense that Nazy and Baker don't do? (And no, I'm not referring to one preseason game; we have long careers to judge these players on.)

Good question.Id say Doleac was a better defender than Nazr and smarter too.No,he a wasnt first team defensive player but I think he understands whats going on around him better than Nazr does right now.Baker wasnt as reliable last season because of his health issues.If he can stay healthy he can be just as consistent if not better than Doleac.

Doleac was a reliable defender,on a team that hasnt been known for their defense in a while which made him an asset IMO but not indisepensable.He was still after all a backup but Nazr is supposed to be a starter and I dont see a real upgrade....yet.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/18/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by MS:

Has anyone watched Baker lately, he has no rise on any of his shots, can't get a shot off in traffic, doesn't rebound or defend very well, he needs loads of work.

And I am still not a big fan of the two trades other than Marbury that Isiah made

Moochie and Amechi for Weatherspoon. He is not a good player he is undersized, and can't shoot so he doesn't really belong in NY.

KVH and Doleac brought something that was important, especially for this line up and thats versatility. Van Horn no matter what you say about him was playing great last year he was being aggressive took playing in NY as a personal challenge and could spread the floor, rebound and play within a team concept. Can you say that about TT, not really. TT disapears just like Van Horn doesn't work defensively even though he should be a great defender and has been more trouble than hes worth.

Naz is a back-up. You can't call someone who didn't flourish with the Hawks a key to any deal. Ratliff was injured often so he had plenty of time to shine. Yes he is a good rebounded occasionaly and can give you a 20 16 game sometimes but i am still not a big fan. I enjoyed Doleac because he worked hard, did his job was professional and worked well on the pick and roll.

If the preseason has shown us anything its that there is not one team in the entire NBA that can check Crawford and Marbury one on one, so that means the team needs shooters, and thats why Houston is essential in the three guard line-up, because he will never be double, Kurt Thomas is going to get easy buckets and so is any other jump shooters

I thought we were done with the TT/KVH comparisons! Did you watch the game against Milwaukee last March? That should show you everything you need to know about TT vs. KVH. KVH is a streaky player. TT has a much higher ceiling. Don't be misled by Tim letting the Ariza get his shots and PT right now, Tim is still a focal point of this team's offense. Tim Thomas is a FAR better fit for this team than KVH. Tim allows this team to run. Tim can guard just as many 4s as KVH can. And if KVH is so valuable and versatile, why is he coming off the bench for MIL behind Joe Smith and Des Mason?

Also, Nazr shot 57% last season as a Knick. He's a decent fit for this team, and does a lot of good things. He can't play the pick and roll like Doleac, but he can take it inside and get the other team in foul trouble. The Knicks still need a shot blocker who can play D and run the floor.
¿ △ ?
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/18/2004  11:51 AM
Also, getting rid of Clearance Weatherspoon had much more to do with freeing up space for Mike Sweetney than getting Moochie Norris.
Doleac fitting in with the Heat

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy