[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

After Watching Jerome Williams get a tech for hangin on the rim...........
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/18/2004  5:36 PM
I didnt see your apology there Bizzy so I take back that flame but what you said was waaaay off the mark.
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/18/2004  11:28 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I didnt see your apology there Bizzy so I take back that flame but what you said was waaaay off the mark.

No problem fam. I hope if what I say is off the mark, you will respond. This is a forum where people are gonna debate alot. I understand that, and at times it is hard to visualize an expression through words which is why I didn't understand you were only joking. I'm glad Bonn brought that to my attention. Don't worry, I try my hardest to make a point and not push buttons which is why I apologized. I have no problem in doing that.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/19/2004  12:25 AM
Thats cool Bizzy.You disagreeing with me didnt set me off,more the way you did it.I probably could have said it better.How about this way? (with apologies to David Spade)

I liked And1 better the first time when they were the Harlem Globetrotters.

I dont want to leave the impression that I consider myself to be the last word on NY hoops on this board because Im not but I do take pride in being there to witness a good part of it as Im sure do the other "old timers" on this board did as well.I hope the younger Knick fans on this board will be able to see the Knicks win a Championship while they are still young.

I must confess that I do watch And1 now and then but I consider it more like junk food and good,solid fundamental basketball being a good healthy meal.I wish kids today,future NBA players would see it that way but its hard to get a kid to eat his vegetables!
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/19/2004  12:38 AM
but its hard to get a kid to eat his vegetables!

Vegetables, Yuck!!! Lol. I couldn't agree with you more.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/19/2004  1:01 PM
Posted by Elite:

I was thinking.... That is the stupidest rule in the NBA and the way the league discourages the players from celebrating and taunting after big plays really takes away from the game... does anyone else agree?

I mean sure, if someone gets totally gross about it and over does it, give em a tech... but ****... you got to let them have some fun, get emotional, get the fans into it.. i dont understand how u can discourage celebration

if we had players talkin more trash, celebrating, and getting their emotions into the games more, you would have more rivalries like back in the day, which makes the game worth watching.... you need emotions for the game to be entertaining so why the hell do they penelize it???

lets write the nba a letter, i want to see more knicks/heat type rivalries!!!!! and more JYD rim hangin yellin in faces DUNKS!!!!!!

THe taunting was promoting too much fighting. Guys were dunking and celebrating in the first period like they just won the final 4.

The big dudes did not like getting taunted, so they started getting back. I for one think taunting is really stupid.

Want to talk about old school, you saw real tough battles back in the day, and trash talking, but not all stupid like. The self promting bravado was becoming real obnoxious and really lost its meaning. Thus the fights ensued.

We had danicing harry do the taunting for us!
After Watching Jerome Williams get a tech for hangin on the rim...........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy