[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yall Must'a Forgot (For Houston Fans)
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/18/2004  10:07 AM
Houston has hit a lot of big shots and clutch shots for this team, I think people easily forget, how many times we are down a bucket under a minute and Houston has delivered? Many times... To boo Houston Who has been nothing but a class act here , is idiotic!!!

I wonder about NY fans at times...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/18/2004  10:14 AM
This thread is not only for Houston fans, but it is a chance for us Houston fans to back him up because there was a time when Allan Houston was the only consistant player on our team. So if you want to trash Houston, you better bring it correct or you will get stomped right here.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/18/2004  10:19 AM
Those fans that booed them are sick.Its one thing not be a fan of his but booing him in practice of all places shows no class.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/18/2004  10:30 AM

Posted by Kwazimodal:

Those fans that booed them are sick.Its one thing not be a fan of his but booing him in practice of all places shows no class.
You are right. Booing anyone shows no class. Booing in itself is a classless act. Damn Houston haters. Whats their problem? Dont they understand he scored 50 points twice!? He scored 20ppg in one season!! Come on! How can we boo him?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/18/2004  10:31 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by TMS:

going to a FREE open practice & booing a player who's done more for this franchise than any other player on the current roster is disgraceful & moronic.

if you had paid your way in, & you didn't like the way the guy was playing, fine...i'll give you that...but to boo him when he's not even playing & the fact that your cheap ass didn't pay a red cent to get into the practice to watch them play is beyond stupidity!
Oh man, this is great. Maybe the people that cannot afford to pay for Knick tickets are really the die hard fans. Maybe the corporate suits that own the lower sections dont care as much for the team as the fans that sat there did. I understand where the Houston fans are coming from though.

Booing him might have been a little drastic but now the media knows that a majority of the Knick fans dont "love" Houston. I cannot believe it made the papers! I guess it is a big deal. This thread is for Houston fans so I wont post on here again and I am sorry if I made it impure by posting on it in the first place. Carry on Houston fans.

See Silverfuel, that's where you're wrong. It may say (for Houston fans) but it's mainly people posting here who are acknowledging what he's done for this organization. Unfortunately enough if one more piece was put around him, Camby, Spree and Ewing (who was hurt and aging) we would have a title right now. H20 did what he had to do to help play a major role in getting us to the big dance. The rest is up to the front office.

So in reality, this thread isn't for Houston fans only. It's just mainly for people who understand what a GREAT shooter would mean to this squad right now.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/18/2004  10:40 AM
Y'all musta forgot:
How Allan Houston carried the load for the Knicks and stepped up nicely, when Patrick went down and broke his wrist, back in the '97- '98 season. That is the year he became my favorite Knick, or tied with Ewing as my favorite Knick.

NY fans are great fans at times, but they are so short minded and so impatient, that it often crosses out the fact that they can be great fans, at times. No other fans of different sports teams would have had the nerve to boo them like that. This, like the wheel chair charity game a couple of years ago, now almost sets a tone for the rest of the season. Yet once again, Allan might be able to go for 50, and the fans still wont give a crap, and will boo him, just b/c of the contract. Sad.

I don't care what silverfeul says, and I don't care if people take me seriously or not, b/c of my postername, but Allan has meant a ton (IN a positive way) for the Knicks organization. His contract is bad, but give him respect at least.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
10/18/2004  10:44 AM
Man, when I posted this thread I didn't think too many people would pay notice to it, which is why I said for Houston fans. But now that it is getting all this attention, which I thank yall by the way, I want everyone to post here.

This thread was created because I wanted everyone to be honest and acknowlege what Houston has done for us. Granted, he didn't win us the title, but neither did Ewing, Starks, Mason, Oakley, Rivers, Harper, Smith, X-Man, and the likes of G.Rice.
Houston doesn't deserve to get booed. It's not his fault for the contract he is getting. I wouldn't have said "No! I don't want that conytract because in a couple of years I might get injured and I won't deserve it.

The only guy who deserves to get booed is Shandon because he didn't perform during the playoffs. Houston has and has taken us to the finals when many didn't pick us to get there that year.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Silverfuel
USA
10/18/2004  10:53 AM
Oh yea, if we had a real low post threat behind Houston, Camby and Spree that year we would have won a championship without a doubt. But, Houston + 1 low post threat is not enough to win a championship. It would have to be, 1 low post player + Stephon + Houston. Thats what we were missing the 3 years.

Hey man, he must have done enough for this organization in the last 3 years. I'm really sick and tired of me having to keep bash Houston and I hope it doesnt get me jumped somewhere. All along I used to think I was in the minority but now I know that I am not.

The fans let the media and Isiah know that Houston isnt their favorite player. I hope Isiah sticks to his word about saying: 'Competition is good' and Houston wont automatically get the starting job when he returns.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/18/2004  10:53 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Posted by Kwazimodal:

You are right. Booing anyone shows no class. Booing in itself is a classless act. Damn Houston haters. Whats their problem? Dont they understand he scored 50 points twice!? He scored 20ppg in one season!! Come on! How can we boo him?

Ok Mr. Sarcasm. Seriously,neither of us will be lining up to buy Houston's autobiography but the man does deserve some respect for
his contribution over the years.He goes 0-12 in a game or chokes in crunch time,well I cant fault somone but to do it in practice is not cool.
BrilliantTruth
Member: #622
10/18/2004  11:00 AM
3 things...

First:
Find me one person who will say "No" to being overpaid

Second:
The guy was injured last year, but is not injurty-prone. He has rarely ben injured his whole career.

Third:
If people are booing to show the displeasure in his contract... WAKE THE EFF UP! "Ya'll musta forgot... that Scott Layden is gone."

Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/18/2004  11:04 AM
I think the reason fans might have been booing allan is because maybe the man needs more surgery and he is refusing to have his knee's scoped again.

I mean- he's been out a while and apparantly shown little improvement.

Maybe fans realize its not more rest he needs, but perhaps another operation to fix his knees.

At least that is one way you could justify their reaction.

But-, even it that were the case, its not sufficient reason. He's hurt, he's getting older and taken longer to heal.

He tried to play hurt, and that probably only made things worse.

Maybe fans in booing Houston were booing Layden and Dolan- neither were around and Houston is the symbol of their bad judgement as far as contracts and the like-
Silverfuel
USA
10/18/2004  11:07 AM
Posted by BrilliantTruth:

Scott Layden is gone."
phew. Thank god! And you guys are right. We really shouldn't boo Knick players at the garden. That just shows NO CLASS!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2004  11:13 AM
Posted by franco12:

I think the reason fans might have been booing allan is because maybe the man needs more surgery and he is refusing to have his knee's scoped again.
I don't think fans are that sophisticated. Did any of them even shout anything like "Get surgery again!" when it was quiet and he could hear them?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/18/2004  11:23 AM
I don't know- I was thinking if I was there and I was booing him- why would I?

I think people are thinking he is taking too long to get better.

It doesn't help that we, the fans and public, have no idea what kind of progress he is making.

And since no one is really saying anything, it must be bad news.

Which leads me to think he probably needs more surgery.

I don't think its too sophisticated for fans to think this- but I'll grant you that that is probably not why they were booing him.

They were booing his fat overpaid butt in street clothes because he and his contract are a noose around the organization.
Silverfuel
USA
10/18/2004  11:29 AM
I was hoping one of the little kids asked him to give the money back

It was great.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/18/2004  11:42 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by TMS:

going to a FREE open practice & booing a player who's done more for this franchise than any other player on the current roster is disgraceful & moronic.

if you had paid your way in, & you didn't like the way the guy was playing, fine...i'll give you that...but to boo him when he's not even playing & the fact that your cheap ass didn't pay a red cent to get into the practice to watch them play is beyond stupidity!
Oh man, this is great. Maybe the people that cannot afford to pay for Knick tickets are really the die hard fans. Maybe the corporate suits that own the lower sections dont care as much for the team as the fans that sat there did. I understand where the Houston fans are coming from though.

Booing him might have been a little drastic but now the media knows that a majority of the Knick fans dont "love" Houston. I cannot believe it made the papers! I guess it is a big deal. This thread is for Houston fans so I wont post on here again and I am sorry if I made it impure by posting on it in the first place. Carry on Houston fans.

i love how you always try & pick out my comments regarding Houston as classifying me as a Houston Apologist...dude, i could care less if they booed Kurt Thomas or Moochie freakin' NORRIS at that FREE practice...the Knicks allowed you in there for FREE to see them practice...you have ZERO right to boo any player, regardless of the reason...if you had paid your money to watch them play & they weren't performing up to expectations in a GAME, then fine, i'll give you the right to boo if that makes you feel better...but it's a DAMN PRACTICE MAN! we TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE! what are we talkin' bout? PRACTICE?!?!

it's just moronic to go to a free open practice & boo anyone...enough w/the Houston Apologist theories.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
USA
10/18/2004  11:46 AM
I have been defeated by the Houston fans. Whatever you guys say, I am TIRED of arguing about this.
but it's a DAMN PRACTICE MAN! we TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE! what are we talkin' bout? PRACTICE?!?!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2004  12:44 PM

Funny, Ya'll boo allan, but hold Starks like an Ikon.

Starks had so many shortcomings, its was not funny. His mental breakdowns and antics cost the team plenty.

Im sure Spree is held in the highest esteem also, and he laid down plenty of times with selfish antics that were very quietly kept in the team.

Allan has shown nothing but class and effort. He is very philinthrapic and a good community role model.

Boo his play, but booing the man is dumb.

Being a fan whom can't afford tix is no reason to act dumb. One time they let the doors in and look what happens!
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/18/2004  12:59 PM
i felt real bad for allan reading his quotes in the paper today... i wish i coudl run into him on the street or somethin and let him know that the MAJORITY of knick fans still support and apreciate him

you nkow what else - its one thing to boo him if hes playing bad on a individual night ( which i still wouldent do )

BUT HOW U GUNNA BOO HIM WHEN A LITTLE KID IS ASKIN HIM A QUESTION???? yall people have no hearts i mean come on this man is a human being
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
10/18/2004  1:11 PM
I was there yesterday and i was pissed that people were booing him. When people started booing the rest of the knicks team clapped louder and motioned to the crowd to stop booing and cheer louder, then the MAJORITY of the fans cheered. That was a nice gesture from the team showing that they are behind H20
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Yall Must'a Forgot (For Houston Fans)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy