[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yall Must'a Forgot (For Houston Fans)
Author Thread
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/17/2004  4:44 PM
This is for the Allan Houston fans out there. Just start off by saying "Yall Must'a Forgot" and list one important/good thing Houston did in his career for the Knicks. I'll start it.

Yall Must'a Forgot
When I hit that shot with seconds winding down to beat Miami in the playoffs.(even though Dan Marley chopped me on my head and the refs didn't call a damn thing.)
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
10/17/2004  5:09 PM
When I couldnt be stopped in game 6 of the conference finals against Indiana in '99 and led us to the finals
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
10/17/2004  5:10 PM
Posted by NYK3:

When I couldnt be stopped in game 6 of the conference finals against Indiana in '99 and led us to the finals

You forgot the Yall Must'a Forgot part. Lol.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
10/17/2004  5:53 PM
haha sorry ...but on a more serious note i was at todays open practice and whenever they announced Houstons name most of the crowd booed him and i was getting pissed off and i felt bad for him, he's a great guy and these people dont realize what he has done for us over the years, last year was really the only year where he was injured. Its ridiculous that people continue to hate on H20, its not his fault he got that crazy contract.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/17/2004  6:13 PM
Posted by NYK3:

haha sorry ...but on a more serious note i was at todays open practice and whenever they announced Houstons name most of the crowd booed him and i was getting pissed off and i felt bad for him, he's a great guy and these people dont realize what he has done for us over the years, last year was really the only year where he was injured. Its ridiculous that people continue to hate on H20, its not his fault he got that crazy contract.
Oh come on, it was great! I was loving every second of it. At first I was under the opinion that most Knick fans love Houston but now I am know that its only the Knick fans on this board that over rate Houston so much. He got a huge contract but he got it because he was very good in 1999. All his great moments that won big games for us or where he is driving the ball to the hoop and playing defense on Reggie are from 1999. Just like TMS keeps pointing out, 1999 was Houston's best year not 2002. 1999 was Houston's contract year and he was never much of a guy that drove, played defense of passed the ball after that year.

He deserved every single one of those boo's. I love New York sports fans because they know exactly what they are doing. Another thing is how much some people on this board trust Sweeney. I like him too but IMO, he will not be a very effective post threat. I think we will see his best year this year and I have the patience to wait and see. But if we get the feeling that he cannot deliver much in the post, we should just cut our losses.

The Houston booing was classic. I will remember that for the rest of my life. It was great to be there and find more Knick fans like me that are annoyed with Houston and his lack for dimensions. We thought we were getting the Houston of 1999.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/17/2004  6:54 PM
"I love New York sports fans because they know exactly what they are doing"

You guys were the same people booing Patrick Ewing while everyone else had to continue to point out that he's really a great player. People complained that Ewing didn't have more deminsions. They complained that he didn't pass the ball enough. They complained that he didn't block enough shots per game. That he didn't rebound enough per game. That he missed that classic layup. They he complained to the refs too much.

"I love New York sports fans because they know exactly what they are doing"

Not all the time my man. Not all the time.

With that said.....

Y'all Musta forgot...

The season before last when I dropped 50+ on the World Champion Lakers on prime time television with all of my critics looking on! Ice water baby!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/17/2004  7:02 PM
I can tell you right off the bat Silver is a HUGE Ewing fan. There's reason to boo Allan. There is no reason to boo Ewing unless you are the stupid new york media doing it.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/17/2004  7:06 PM
who cares about the 50 point game. If Houston is a 50 point player then he should of lead us to the playoffs. Who cares if houston had 2 50 point games in a season where we had an atrocious offensive team.
Silverfuel
USA
10/17/2004  7:11 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I can tell you right off the bat Silver is a HUGE Ewing fan. There's reason to boo Allan. There is no reason to boo Ewing unless you are the stupid new york media doing it.
I think he is saying that New York sports fans were booing Ewing too and they are not right all the time. Ok they were wrong in Ewings case but they are right in Houston's case. Like he said, they are not right all the time.

Another thing. Crawford had a 50 point game too I am having too good a time after going to open practice. The guy did enough for this team already and everyone that loves him, loves him and everyone that hates him does not. Its time for the Knicks to move on.
Silverfuel
USA
10/17/2004  7:15 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

People complained that Ewing didn't have more deminsions.
I really hope you understand the difference between them saying Ewing should add a dimension and Houston should add a dimension. Ewing adding dimensions could have won us a championship. Houston adding dimensions would have only taken us the the playoffs. The Ewing era took us to the playoffs every year and to game 6 of the finals. 2 of the years Houston was main offensive player, we missed the playoffs.

Expectations for the Ewing days were much higher than the expectations for the Houston days. If you know the difference between those two players adding dimensions to their game, then stop using Ewings name in the same context. It's an insult to him and his fans.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 10/17/2004 19:18:28]
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/17/2004  10:09 PM
i am really glad u posted this thread cuz i just posted in the Practice thread how pissed off that made me

Houston is not perfect, he gets paid WAAAY too much, he is one dimentional... he can be soft at times

but in NO WAY does he deserve to be BOO'D i mean get the **** outa here

he came thru in too many clutch situations for us

YALL MUSTA FORGOT

MARBURY WIT THE STEAL.. HOUSTON FOR 3... BAAAAAAAANG TIE GAME

stfu and save ur boos for shandon i dont want to hear a peep out of none of u when houston hits a game winner in the playoffs this year, boo then
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/17/2004  10:13 PM
OH and what exactly does he deserve to be BOOD for???

for being overpaid? like thats his fault, boo scott laydon.. ill boo his ass all day long.. but not H20... for being one dimentional? sure, he is... but hes a SHOOTING GAURD.. hes not someone who is SUPPOSED to carry their team, he does his job, he SHOOTS... put him on a team with tim duncan i bet the spurs fans wont boo him, hes not MADE to carry a team, you cant boo someone for not living up to some crazy standard u have set for them OR for someone ELSE overpaying them.. this is ****in bull**** , pisses me off
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/17/2004  10:52 PM
In NY, "It's what have you done for me in the last ten seconds?" There are a lot of pros and cons of NY fans. Impatience and a poor memory are two of the cons, but IMO they're outweighed by the pros.

On this board, where the fans are much more knowledgable on average than the casual fan at games, I suspect that 99% of the posters would not boo Houston.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2004  11:07 PM
The Houston booing was classic. I will remember that for the rest of my life.

Once you get one, you might not care so much.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/18/2004  2:43 AM
Wait a minute.... they booed Allan at Open Practice???

He's gonna have to step up big time, or else.
(He better, especially since I got him in my fantasy draft!)
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/18/2004  3:09 AM
WTF?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2004  8:46 AM
We booed ewing, we boo the ones we love.

7000 hardcore fans and they boo allen. It was free, so lots of knuckle heads got to sit in the fancy seats and show what they are made of.

I once heard if you redistributed all the wealth amung the masses, it would not take long for it to get back into its origional owners.

boo allan, nice.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/18/2004  8:58 AM
Yall Must'a Forgot
cause it ain't happened yet
what Allan's gonna do for us this year
-with his shot
-with his professionalism
-with his smarts
-with his clutch play
-with his bailing us out cause no one else on that team can hit s**t
-with his being a much bigger human being than the booing peons
My name is Marv - remember it - along with Bizzy, Elite, NYK3, Nadol, TMonk (& Charlie Rouse) et al. because you'll be talking to us a lot this year when Allan shows you what you were booing.

[Edited by - marv on 10/18/2004 09:07:00]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/18/2004  9:24 AM
going to a FREE open practice & booing a player who's done more for this franchise than any other player on the current roster is disgraceful & moronic.

if you had paid your way in, & you didn't like the way the guy was playing, fine...i'll give you that...but to boo him when he's not even playing & the fact that your cheap ass didn't pay a red cent to get into the practice to watch them play is beyond stupidity!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
USA
10/18/2004  9:53 AM
Posted by TMS:

going to a FREE open practice & booing a player who's done more for this franchise than any other player on the current roster is disgraceful & moronic.

if you had paid your way in, & you didn't like the way the guy was playing, fine...i'll give you that...but to boo him when he's not even playing & the fact that your cheap ass didn't pay a red cent to get into the practice to watch them play is beyond stupidity!
Oh man, this is great. Maybe the people that cannot afford to pay for Knick tickets are really the die hard fans. Maybe the corporate suits that own the lower sections dont care as much for the team as the fans that sat there did. I understand where the Houston fans are coming from though.

Booing him might have been a little drastic but now the media knows that a majority of the Knick fans dont "love" Houston. I cannot believe it made the papers! I guess it is a big deal. This thread is for Houston fans so I wont post on here again and I am sorry if I made it impure by posting on it in the first place. Carry on Houston fans.
Yall Must'a Forgot (For Houston Fans)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy