[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2021  10:34 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyvector16 wrote:Looks like the Mavericks are also looking to upgrade as well..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mavericks-gauging-trade-value-former-051623898.html

How about Payton, Ntilikina, Noel, and the Dallas 2023 pick back for Porzingis?
Hard pass. I wouldn't trade Payton straight up even if dallas adds that ****ing horse he rode in on.

That was relatively fast. Figured it might be closer to the end of his deal, before injuries made the Mavs willing to trade KP.

Would you really want that much of the cap hit for Porzingis? If he was an FA, and the price was right, sure. That huge contract scares me, lol. We dodged a bullet with thst trade, best not to step back into its path.

Yeah i wouldn't bring him back simply because of how things were left with him. He's now an injury prone player with a star attitude and lacks the defensive chops he once had.

And now Ian Begley is reporting that they reached out to Golden State to try and move Porzingis there. Maybe Wiggins and a couple minor assets in return i'm guessing.

AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/23/2021  11:01 AM
I thought Dallas got an A plus and we got an F in the Douchezingis trade. Lessee, Essentially Randle, Quickley, Rose even plus cap flexibility and two first rounders to come vs what? A douchebag with a douchebag brother who can’t get on the court after a week off but his team then plays better without him. With a max millstone around his neck.

Mavs A plus, Knicks F...heh heh heh....

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/23/2021  11:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mavericks-gauging-trade-value-former-051623898.html

Hard pass. I wouldn't trade Payton straight up even if dallas adds that ****ing horse he rode in on.

That was relatively fast. Figured it might be closer to the end of his deal, before injuries made the Mavs willing to trade KP.

Would you really want that much of a cap hit for Porzingis? If he was an FA, and the price was right, sure. That huge contract scares me, lol. We dodged a bullet with thst trade, best not to step back into its path.

They want to get out fast before they end up having to give up assets to move him most likely. Don't think his value will be higher than it is at this moment. Which is far removed from the value he was sold at by the Knicks.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
2/23/2021  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2021  11:31 AM
KnickDanger wrote:I thought Dallas got an A plus and we got an F in the Douchezingis trade. Lessee, Essentially Randle, Quickley, Rose even plus cap flexibility and two first rounders to come vs what? A douchebag with a douchebag brother who can’t get on the court after a week off but his team then plays better without him. With a max millstone around his neck.

Somewhere Steve Mills is smiling. And Perry just got some extra slack as GM. Knicks didn't do anything special but they got 2 draft picks and used the cap space responsibility when you consider the 2 big signings where Randle and Morris (who was turned into Quickley and a high 2nd round pick.) Perry also turned Melo into Mitch Robinson. In retrospect he's looking solid.
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
2/23/2021  11:33 AM
Knixkik wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I thought Dallas got an A plus and we got an F in the Douchezingis trade. Lessee, Essentially Randle, Quickley, Rose even plus cap flexibility and two first rounders to come vs what? A douchebag with a douchebag brother who can’t get on the court after a week off but his team then plays better without him. With a max millstone around his neck.

Somewhere Steve Mills is smiling. And Perry just got some extra slack as GM. Knicks didn't do anything special but they got 2 draft picks and used the cap space responsibility when you consider the 2 big signings where Randle and Morris (who was turned into Quickley and a high 2nd round pick.) Perry also turned Melo into Mitch Robinson. In retrospect he's looking solid.

so, so sweet it is

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/23/2021  11:43 AM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Would you really want that much of the cap hit for Porzingis? If he was an FA, and the price was right, sure. That huge contract scares me, lol. We dodged a bullet with thst trade, best not to step back into its path.

Yeah i wouldn't bring him back simply because of how things were left with him. He's now an injury prone player with a star attitude and lacks the defensive chops he once had.

And now Ian Begley is reporting that they reached out to Golden State to try and move Porzingis there. Maybe Wiggins and a couple minor assets in return i'm guessing.

Hornets are an org and are in a situation where it makes sense, and they have some pieces to move. Graham, Washington, Monk, Zeller for KP.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/23/2021  11:48 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Hornets are an org and are in a situation where it makes sense, and they have some pieces to move. Graham, Washington, Monk, Zeller for KP.

How quietly is Dallas shopping him? The Knicks were shopping him around and we didn't hear a thing until he was traded. Unfortunately, KP doesn't have the leverage of an extension to embolden his brother.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/23/2021  11:50 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Dallas will trade him to the Nets for Dinwiddie or something. Just to spite us.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/23/2021  1:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:

You forgot to add smilies to this.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2021  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2021  1:53 PM
As a basketball fan I’d like to see KP on the court with Klay, Steph with Dray yelling at everyone. That would be fun to see.
Dallas has to basically give him away with that contract and three more years after this one.
No I don’t take him back. We moved on and forward for no other reason. Only regret was Frankie could stick that dunk on him last season.
For that alone I’d love that poster. Get is signed by Frank and donate to the 1248 museum.
But he didn’t and our Frankie is likely soon to “Le Depart” us soon enough.

If I had to take a stab at a trade a KP and something for Tobias Harris. A playoff healthy KP would be interesting on that team this season. Thats a lot of “if. Not a prediction. Just a thought.
I’m blown away that Dallas is really looking to move him.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/23/2021  2:20 PM
This could either bring the Mavs together, or help us land a lottery pick

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/23/2021  3:50 PM
I honestly don’t think there are any fans on here who’d trade Randle, IQ and an unprotected 2021 first and lottery protected 2023 first for KP, which puts paid to all the narrative that we lost that trade.
KnickDanger

2/23/2021  4:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:I honestly don’t think there are any fans on here who’d trade Randle, IQ and an unprotected 2021 first and lottery protected 2023 first for KP, which puts paid to all the narrative that we lost that trade.

Seriously, I wouldn't trade Randle straight up.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/23/2021  4:57 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I honestly don’t think there are any fans on here who’d trade Randle, IQ and an unprotected 2021 first and lottery protected 2023 first for KP, which puts paid to all the narrative that we lost that trade.

I wouldn't sign KP as a free agent. I like the team chemistry and defense the way it is.

Plus I don't miss cringing every time I see him run the floor, waiting for the inevitable injuries.

Now you can apparently add back spasms to his list of ailments. Assuming that's truthful.

Knixkik
USA
2/23/2021  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2021  5:07 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

No one would. He's a much better player, and obviously better health and durability. And something i never thought i would say but he's a better defender now too.

KnickDanger

2/23/2021  5:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2021  5:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

No one would. He's a much better player, and obviously better health and durability. And something i never thought i would say but he's a better defender now too.

Nope not trading our all star!

Anyway, the latest is KP "unfollows" Mavs on social media:

The plot thickens but one thing is clear -- he's still a drama queen!

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/23/2021  5:22 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

I knew his ego wouldn’t be able to handle Luka being the star of the team, as soon as Luka began eclipsing him the partnership was doomed.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/23/2021  5:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

I knew his ego wouldn’t be able to handle Luka being the star of the team, as soon as Luka began eclipsing him the partnership was doomed.

Not denying KP's past behavior. Dont believe this is about Luka, but more his inability to stay on the court. The injuries robbing Porzingis of his quickness. Wasnt so long ago KP could defend speedy guards. Take defenders off the dribble.

Kristaps aint feelin' the love right now. KP wanted a trade, KP wanted to backseat drive the Knicks FO, even though he wasnt playing that season. Thats Diva-liks behvior. This is more about frustration that his body has failed him often, when it comes to his pro career.

KP should think about modeling his game after Kareem's LA years. Not as agile as he once was, but knew how to make an impact with his "skyhook". KP should make better use of his height and wingspan. Dont need to take defenders off the dribble to do that.

KnickDanger

2/23/2021  6:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Not denying KP's past behavior. Dont believe this is about Luka, but more his inability to stay on the court. The injuries robbing Porzingis of his quickness. Wasnt so long ago KP could defend speedy guards. Take defenders off the dribble.

Kristaps aint feelin' the love right now. KP wanted a trade, KP wanted to backseat drive the Knicks FO, even though he wasnt playing that season. Thats Diva-liks behvior. This is more about frustration that his body has failed him often, when it comes to his pro career.

KP should think about modeling his game after Kareem's LA years. Not as agile as he once was, but knew how to make an impact with his "skyhook". KP should make better use of his height and wingspan. Dont need to take defenders off the dribble to do that.

If he showed humanity and humility I would actually have a lot of compassion for the guy. But in the wake of all his princess-ness f@(k him.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/23/2021  6:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2021  6:58 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

If he showed humanity and humility I would actually have a lot of compassion for the guy. But in the wake of all his princess-ness f@(k him.

No fun having your career take this kind of turn. But no, dont feel all weepy for someone with KP's net worth, who still is relatively healthy. Has options most people dont have.

If the Mavs cant or wont trade KP, they should consider trading for ROLO. A big part of their success as a tandem, was Lopez's ability to box out, take the tougher defensive assignment.Give
KP more room to work. Looks like he still has something left in the tank. Might be the kind of spark they need. Always gets high marks as a team player.

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy