[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

11/17/2020  8:18 PM
Philc1 wrote:35 Over/under on games Porzingis plays this year

So they target January 1st for KP to start "on court activity." Figure that gets pushed back and then his return is pushed back. So maybe he plays in February then misses 1 out of every 3 or 4 games. Then misses 3 weeks before coming back for the playoffs. Plays 2 games of their first round elimination. 35 games seems like a great ballpark guess. Put me down for under -- he plays 34.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/17/2020  8:26 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

So they target January 1st for KP to start "on court activity." Figure that gets pushed back and then his return is pushed back. So maybe he plays in February then misses 1 out of every 3 or 4 games. Then misses 3 weeks before coming back for the playoffs. Plays 2 games of their first round elimination. 35 games seems like a great ballpark guess. Put me down for under -- he plays 34.

Another win for the Dallas pick Also, I wish KP a smooth recovery. The big fella needs rest. Maybe after the All-Star break.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/18/2020  5:16 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

This compressed season? I’ll take the under.

lol

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/18/2020  5:17 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

The porzingis contract will make the John Wall/Kemba Walker contracts look cheap

KnickDanger

11/18/2020  12:21 PM
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

The porzingis contract will make the John Wall/Kemba Walker contracts look cheap

But the Knicks were the "losers" in the deal.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2020  1:25 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

But the Knicks were the "losers" in the deal.

Dallas won the moment they intellectualized that Luka was the real deal. KP when healthy is a great talent.
Even here when he as top option and then Hardaway we had a peak into his talent.
But there is that other part.
Knicks lost the KP battle for sure. The war? That takes 5 years AFTER the trade to determine.
I like Cuban, he takes risks. They don’t always pan out but he goes for it.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

11/19/2020  11:08 AM
When ever KP comes back and plays against the knicks at MSG, something im hoping to see is KP being dunked on by Frank, then by RJ, then by Mitch and finally by Ob1! That would be a fun game to see!
Gudris
Member: #6213

2/13/2021  3:20 AM
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
2/13/2021  3:57 AM
Monster game! If KP and Luka plays like this, no one will be able to stop them. Duo with 82 points and 13 threes...
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/13/2021  8:27 AM
LegendD wrote:Monster game! If KP and Luka plays like this, no one will be able to stop them. Duo with 82 points and 13 threes...

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/13/2021  9:18 AM
LegendD wrote:Monster game! If KP and Luka plays like this, no one will be able to stop them. Duo with 82 points and 13 threes...

Most if not all here knew they were capable of this type of performance. Its about KP handling the minutes. Going to have to play a lot more games to really answer that question. Happy for him though. Janis...

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/13/2021  9:52 AM
Porzingis is the best big man talent in the league aside from Anthony Davis and Embiid. Not many guys can space the floor like that, defend multiple spots and also create their own shot off the dribble or in the post. Dallas does not even use Porzingis like a top option, he is mainly used to stretch the floor for Luka. There were some games last season when Luka was out that they used Porzingis in that way and he killed it. His injuries will stop him from being a top 10 player in the league that can carry your team, but his talent is elite and very hard to find those skills at that position.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/13/2021  9:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Most if not all here knew they were capable of this type of performance. Its about KP handling the minutes. Going to have to play a lot more games to really answer that question. Happy for him though. Janis...

Yeah plus kp has always struggled with consistency...they’ve played some pretty terrible teams in the t wolves and pelicans... let’s see how they do vs Portland

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/13/2021  9:57 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yeah plus kp has always struggled with consistency...they’ve played some pretty terrible teams in the t wolves and pelicans... let’s see how they do vs Portland

He was doing it against the Clippers in the playoffs. The consistency is due to injuries. I agree, he can not keep up playing at that 25+ points a night level, but his career numbers are pretty much the same right now 18-20 points a night, 7-8 boards, 35% shooting beyond the arc, 2 blocks a game. He is what he is. What makes him valuable is that he can step up if you start to go to him more on offense, but the biggest value is the fact that he can play the 4 or 5 and actually defend it. The Mavericks team is real weak after Luka/Kris. They can't be anything until they get more talent around those 2.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/13/2021  10:02 AM
Hahaha this thread is the microcosm of basketball fandom. Love you when you are here, hate you as an enemy, injured so trash, hot game so you are a world beater, cold streak so again trash.

I truly just care about the Mavs pick. I just hope they miss the playoffs. Sue me, I’m honest.

Knicks_Fan
wargames
Member: #6053

2/13/2021  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2021  10:33 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Porzingis is the best big man talent in the league aside from Anthony Davis and Embiid. Not many guys can space the floor like that, defend multiple spots and also create their own shot off the dribble or in the post. Dallas does not even use Porzingis like a top option, he is mainly used to stretch the floor for Luka. There were some games last season when Luka was out that they used Porzingis in that way and he killed it. His injuries will stop him from being a top 10 player in the league that can carry your team, but his talent is elite and very hard to find those skills at that position.

Have you watched his games or just that highlight video..... cause he’s been trash this season lol

Like legit he looks injured and spends most games jacking up 3’s which works against Steven Adams who is really uncomfortable guarding the perimeter.

The next 10 games (outside of the pistons and Orlando games) will actually give us a better feel for where that mavs pick will end up

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/13/2021  1:05 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Porzingis is the best big man talent in the league aside from Anthony Davis and Embiid. Not many guys can space the floor like that, defend multiple spots and also create their own shot off the dribble or in the post. Dallas does not even use Porzingis like a top option, he is mainly used to stretch the floor for Luka. There were some games last season when Luka was out that they used Porzingis in that way and he killed it. His injuries will stop him from being a top 10 player in the league that can carry your team, but his talent is elite and very hard to find those skills at that position.

Durant and Giannis send their regards

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger

2/13/2021  1:23 PM
Douchezingis had a good game last night and the Mavs won. I'm not happy about that simply because the Knicks benefit by Mavs being in lottery. A lot of games to be played but a KP/Mavs resurgence is not shocking. As stated, the question is for how long and where it takes them.

For me, I look at the trade as KP and Hardaway for Randle, Quickley and picks. I am real good with that.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/13/2021  1:26 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Douchezingis had a good game last night and the Mavs won. I'm not happy about that simply because the Knicks benefit by Mavs being in lottery. A lot of games to be played but a KP/Mavs resurgence is not shocking. As stated, the question is for how long and where it takes them.

For me, I look at the trade as KP and Hardaway for Randle, Quickley and picks. I am real good with that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/13/2021  1:49 PM
martin wrote:

Durant and Giannis send their regards

From Denver:

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy