[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

10/9/2020  8:46 PM
Is there a reason that he waited so long to get the surgery?
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

10/9/2020  10:02 PM
wargames wrote:Is there a reason that he waited so long to get the surgery?

To shake his fist at Phil Jackson,

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

10/10/2020  1:07 AM
Could this be a bi-annual end of season maintenance ritual for KP? And thats not even the ACL treated knee! Bulking up the upper body that is being supported by a questionable lower extremity is not a pretty good plan to prepare for a long NBA career.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/10/2020  8:28 AM
I can just imagine how badly our FO would have been roasted right now if his 5-year max contract was on OUR books. Probably even worse than for "only" getting DSJr, picks and whiffed cap space for him.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/10/2020  8:39 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:I can just imagine how badly our FO would have been roasted right now if his 5-year max contract was on OUR books. Probably even worse than for "only" getting DSJr, picks and whiffed cap space for him.

I think trading KP wasn’t the problem but the return was. But ultimately we can’t judge until we see what happens with the 2 draft picks we got.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/10/2020  8:52 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:I can just imagine how badly our FO would have been roasted right now if his 5-year max contract was on OUR books. Probably even worse than for "only" getting DSJr, picks and whiffed cap space for him.

Agree about the reaction if we maxed out KP. Disagree about whiffing on cap space. Perry made a point of signing players to short term deals. Randle was the longest, at 3 years. Not counting barrett.

Rose is going to have a lot of cap room to maneuver, thanks to Perry.

GustavBahler

10/10/2020  8:57 AM
Knixkik wrote:

I think trading KP wasn’t the problem but the return was. But ultimately we can’t judge until we see what happens with the 2 draft picks we got.

Still have that cap room. Jury still out on DSJr. Teams were concerned precisely about this very situation. Including the Mavs, but we still got cap room, 1st round picks, etc..

Seeing how we dodged a bullet, got a decent haul for a player who cant stay healthy. Who was about to be maxed out. Dont see anything to complain about.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/10/2020  9:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2020  9:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Still have that cap room. Jury still out on DSJr. Teams were concerned precisely about this very situation. Including the Mavs, but we still got cap room, 1st round picks, etc..

Seeing how we dodged a bullet, got a decent haul for a player who cant stay healthy. Who was about to be maxed out. Dont see anything to complain about.

And yet the Knicks are still raked through the coals for this as well as not signing KD and Kyrie who are doing a hell of a job in Netsville. Three max players with varying concerns (injuries, age, behavior, mental health) at top dollar and the only peep you hear from media is that the Knicks blew it.

fwk00
Member: #6048

10/10/2020  9:47 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

And yet the Knicks are still raked through the coals for this as well as not signing KD and Kyrie who are doing a hell of a job in Netsville. Three max players with varying concerns (injuries, age, behavior, mental health) at top dollar and the only peep you hear from media is that the Knicks blew it.

The Knicks (and Dolan and the FO) have been MSM punching bags forever. Someday a sportwriter will come along and point out, in honest retrospect, that the Knicks (since Phil Jackson) HAVE been turning it around and usually smartly.

Unllike the MSM...

Phil was right about (our most disingenuous -cough- superstar) Melo.

Phil was right about K[ra]P.

Knicks were right to trade Melo.

Knicks were right to trade KP

Knicks were right not to sign Durant and whozit

Knicks were smart to rid themselves of Fizdale after making the mistake of hiring him in the first place)

It could have been much worse AND we are far better off.

GustavBahler

10/10/2020  10:09 AM
fwk00 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

The Knicks (and Dolan and the FO) have been MSM punching bags forever. Someday a sportwriter will come along and point out, in honest retrospect, that the Knicks (since Phil Jackson) HAVE been turning it around and usually smartly.

Unllike the MSM...

Knicks were smart to rid themselves of Fizdale after making the mistake of hiring him in the first place)

You forgot "Phil shouldnt have signed Melo to a near max deal, an NTC, and a trade kicker."

Phil might have been right about trading KP, but he wanted another injury prone big, who wasnt as skilled.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/10/2020  10:29 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Unllike the MSM...

You forgot "Phil shouldnt have signed Melo to a near max deal, an NTC, and a trade kicker."

Phil might have been right about trading KP, but he wanted another injury prone big, who wasnt as skilled.

Looks like Phil should have tried to trade Melo to the Bulls for Butler before he became Butler could have gotten their draft picks as well(Gary Harris) at the time.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/10/2020  11:06 AM
fwk00 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Unllike the MSM...

Sorry, that doesn't fit "the narrative."

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/10/2020  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2020  12:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Agree about the reaction if we maxed out KP. Disagree about whiffing on cap space. Perry made a point of signing players to short term deals. Randle was the longest, at 3 years. Not counting barrett.

Rose is going to have a lot of cap room to maneuver, thanks to Perry.

You are right, of course. By "whiffed" I meant not used cap space to sign two superstars that summer, like everyone thought we would (us dodging the bullet on KI and KD is a different matter). But once it became clear no prime time superstars were coming, our FO followed the correct strategy of sticking to short term contracts. I am glad we did not hand out long term maxes to more marginal stars like Kemba, Middleton or Tobias Harris.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/10/2020  11:25 PM
Knixkik wrote:

The Celtics offered us Jaylon Brown and picks in 2017

Philc1

10/10/2020  11:28 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

The media hates the Knicks. Most of them are fair weather bulls fans from the 90s

Philc1

10/10/2020  11:31 PM
fwk00 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Unllike the MSM...

agree on all points. Don’t be shocked if one of the picks we got for Porzingis is a lottery pick

GustavBahler

11/16/2020  7:30 PM
From ESPN..

Dallas Mavericks star big man Kristaps Porzingis will be sidelined to begin the season as he continues to rehabilitate from surgery to repair the meniscus in his right knee, according to Mavs president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson.

The Mavs have targeted Jan. 1 as the date that Porzingis would be cleared to begin on-court activity, Nelson told ESPN.

"We're going to make sure that that's 100 percent before we put him out there, so that's going to be into the season before we are able to have him join us," Nelson said Monday on 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/17/2020  1:49 AM
GustavBahler wrote:From ESPN..

Dallas Mavericks star big man Kristaps Porzingis will be sidelined to begin the season as he continues to rehabilitate from surgery to repair the meniscus in his right knee, according to Mavs president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson.

The Mavs have targeted Jan. 1 as the date that Porzingis would be cleared to begin on-court activity, Nelson told ESPN.

"We're going to make sure that that's 100 percent before we put him out there, so that's going to be into the season before we are able to have him join us," Nelson said Monday on 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Philc1

11/17/2020  4:10 AM
35 Over/under on games Porzingis plays this year
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/17/2020  7:34 PM
Philc1 wrote:35 Over/under on games Porzingis plays this year

This compressed season? I’ll take the under.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy