[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

6/7/2021  7:40 PM
"Report: Trade interest in Kristaps Porzingis around the league is 'minimal'; teams are scared off by the money, the health and possibly his diminishing production...."

...And that he is a douchebag with a douchebag brother. And rides a douchebag horse.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/7/2021  8:12 PM
KnickDanger wrote:"Report: Trade interest in Kristaps Porzingis around the league is 'minimal'; teams are scared off by the money, the health and possibly his diminishing production...."

...And that he is a douchebag with a douchebag brother. And rides a douchebag horse.

Hey Janis, go **** yourself
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/7/2021  8:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Another article said Wiz might do a Bertans and their pick for him, which would be pretty good for the Mavs

I disagree - Bertans is also an awful contact, Wiz win that one easily. To be clear KP is awful value now, but at least he in theory does more than shoot

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/8/2021  3:23 AM
Gudris wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:He’s the new Andrea Bargnani teams will stay away, mavs are stuck with him unless they package a butt load of unprotected picks.

He is going to Golden state

Why? They already have Green and Wiseman

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/8/2021  8:19 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Gudris wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:He’s the new Andrea Bargnani teams will stay away, mavs are stuck with him unless they package a butt load of unprotected picks.

Steph needs a really expensive practice cone to shoot over.

Philc1

6/8/2021  8:22 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Gudris wrote:

Steph needs a really expensive practice cone to shoot over.

lol

Philc1

6/8/2021  1:55 PM
Really scratching my head trying to figure out how the Mavs get rid of porzingis. His contract is atrocious and they don’t even have draft picks to throw to incentivize a trade partner
doomed
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1078
USA
6/9/2021  1:54 PM
so much for my take that this would go down as the worst trade in franchise history....

Maybe KP finds his game and health over the next few years, but it aint looking too good at this very moment. Mavs ain't giving him away and the probably couldn't, so they will likely hold him and pray he bounces back next season. KP really isn't doing himself any favors with this talk, which is par for the course lately. Dumbass.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/9/2021  2:05 PM
Philc1 wrote:Really scratching my head trying to figure out how the Mavs get rid of porzingis. His contract is atrocious and they don’t even have draft picks to throw to incentivize a trade partner

I feel like the Spurs would trade for him. With Demarre, Gay, and a bunch of other expirings they’ll have enough cap space to fully eat his contract.

The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/9/2021  3:18 PM
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Really scratching my head trying to figure out how the Mavs get rid of porzingis. His contract is atrocious and they don’t even have draft picks to throw to incentivize a trade partner

I feel like the Spurs would trade for him. With Demarre, Gay, and a bunch of other expirings they’ll have enough cap space to fully eat his contract.

Spurs have a history of poor cap and player management that would move you to think they'd take on KP's contract?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
6/9/2021  3:30 PM
While I was really upset that KP turned out to be a douchebag I actually liked the trade, or rather the plethora of possibilities that it open up for us
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/9/2021  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/9/2021  5:17 PM

It would have to be a "your problem for mine" type deal similar to the Wall for Westbrook trade.

Maybe Dallas calls Boston and offers a package centered around KP for Kimball. Both are injury prone players in need for a change in scenery.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/9/2021  10:22 PM
I was going to say a rebuilding team like Orlando could trade for him, but their pretty capped out.

Maybe OKC

TPercy

6/10/2021  9:56 AM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Spurs have a history of poor cap and player management that would move you to think they'd take on KP's contract?

Again I don’t think KP is a lost cause. They need a new pf and he would fit well with their young core. It’s not as if anyone is lining up to come play with there anyway.

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
6/10/2021  10:25 AM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Again I don’t think KP is a lost cause. They need a new pf and he would fit well with their young core. It’s not as if anyone is lining up to come play with there anyway.

But it's not what you think, it's what you think the Spurs would do.

They have a fairly clean cap sheet. They are considered an incredibly smart organization. What makes you think they would depart from their norms?

The argument is whether the Spurs would take on $34M, $36M, $38M for a player who has not shown to be able to EVER play a full season (or near there since year 1), is definitely not a #1 or maybe even a #2, depletes their cap maneuverability, may be a diva who is detrimental to team chemistry, who is declining in health year to year, wants to be a SF/PF but really is a C who can't defend the rim any more?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/10/2021  10:38 AM
We washed our hands of this.
Cube made his bed.
Perhaps he never reruns to his youthful form but he made it thru this season to the end and maybe with a full off season can come back with some improvement and be this durable. Unless Luca demonstrates it’s not workable with him due to personality clash.
TPercy

6/10/2021  10:49 AM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:

They have a fairly clean cap sheet. They are considered an incredibly smart organization. What makes you think they would depart from their norms?

The argument is whether the Spurs would take on $34M, $36M, $38M for a player who has not shown to be able to EVER play a full season (or near there since year 1), is definitely not a #1 or maybe even a #2, depletes their cap maneuverability, may be a diva who is detrimental to team chemistry, who is declining in health year to year, wants to be a SF/PF but really is a C who can't defend the rim any more?

I’m just taking a glass half full approach when evaluating KP. His stock is the lowest it will ever be as well as his performances. He still has good potential so it could be a worthwhile investment when you’d have to pay next to nothing to get him(perhaps even getting a pick/contributing player)

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
6/10/2021  11:13 AM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I’m just taking a glass half full approach when evaluating KP. His stock is the lowest it will ever be as well as his performances. He still has good potential so it could be a worthwhile investment when you’d have to pay next to nothing to get him(perhaps even getting a pick/contributing player)

OK, I see your perspective. I think most will see his glass about 1/3 full unfortunately.

I was talking to my dad the other day about KP and was recalling those jump out of nowhere putbacks while he leapt over a handful of defenders (for whatever reason Spurs highlight comes to mind) in his first year after being drafted. I kept thinking to myself back then that his coaches, agents, or someone should have told him to NOT do that if he wanted a long career.

Keep honing your skills ala Dirk and save the out-worldly athleticism that will get you hurt for special moments.

He just has that type of body where you know it isn't strong enough like Giannis.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/10/2021  11:29 AM
Anyone see KP career to date as reinforcing the established caution around Euro-unicorns in drafting strategy?
martin
USA
6/10/2021  11:32 AM
Moonangie wrote:Anyone see KP career to date as reinforcing the established caution around Euro-unicorns in drafting strategy?

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy