[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/7/2021  9:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2021  9:10 AM
He can’t get low on defense. Does not have the legs for those flying putback’s and the quick rim protection.
PHil foretold this after we drafted him and listed why he had doubts.
Phil wanted Booker. Suns said no......

https://arizonasports.com/story/1826710/suns-had-2017-trade-offer-for-former-knicks-pf-kristaps-porzingis-rejected/

Bottom line was of course PHil sucked and KP had to play itself out. The guy logically defied many things. “Unicorn” on the court but unheard arrogance as well. Fans slammed knicks for this failure. They had not demonstrated a tolerance to give them the benefit of the doubt. KP fried PHil and Mills. I’m not sorry as Leon is doing a great job but it just makes you look back and shake your head. I do sympathize with Mills just a bit as the time line did not work in his favor. IN the end they did play the KP card correctly even if Dennis sucked, he hired Perry and was the man who ok’d randle. He is also the dude that did Fizdale, did not want to trade Morris and was panicking. Moving forward.
With Every KP milestone of failure we have to look back a bit and just take stock. KP fell to us at the 4th pick and we thought god was kind to us. HE provided more value than Okafor and D’angelo Russell had a very rough start and for his current contract has yet to stay consistent either by play or health.
“We Here” is in part because of KP and his demise.
As for Dallas, no shame losing to that Clipper team. They are not consistent but Dallas is flawed. KP is not providing his worth and on the court. Off the court just makes him an *******.

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/7/2021  9:07 AM
Nalod wrote:He can’t get low on defense. Does not have the lets for those flying outback’s and the quick rim protection.

https://arizonasports.com/story/1826710/suns-had-2017-trade-offer-for-former-knicks-pf-kristaps-porzingis-rejected/

Bottom line was of course PHil sucked no KP had to play itself out. The guy logically defied many things. “Unicorn” on the court but unheard arrogance as well. Fans slammed knicks for this failure. They had not demonstrated a tolerance to give them the benefit of the doubt. KP fried PHil and Mills. I’m not sorry as Leon is doing a great job but it just makes you look back and shake your head. I do sympathize with Mills just a bit as the time line did not work in his favor. IN the end they did play the KP card correctly even if Dennis sucked, he hired Perry and was the man who ok’d randle. He is also the dude that did Fizdale, did not want to trade Morris and was panicking. Moving forward.
With Every KP milestone of failure we have to look back a bit and just take stock. KP fell to us at the 4th pick and we thought god was kind to us. HE provided more value than Okafor and D’angelo Russell had a very rough start and for his current contract has yet to stay consistent either by play or health.
As for Dallas, no shame losing to that Clipper team. They are not consistent but Dallas is flawed. KP is not providing his worth and on the court. Off the court just makes him an *******.

His defense was so much better with us though. Like he wasn’t all defense first team but he was still a big plus on D. Now I’m not sure if he could even check me at the rim.

The Future is Bright!
xavier
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8938
Croatia
6/7/2021  9:09 AM
TPercy wrote:His defense was so much better with us though. Like he wasn’t all defense first team but he was still a big plus on D. Now I’m not sure if he could even check me at the rim.

As I wrote, he is simply no longer the same player he was at the Knicks before the injury.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/7/2021  9:10 AM
Nalod wrote:

Nalod gonna keep that Phil foam finger waving! LMAO

Now Phil is the REAL reason we made the 4th seed! I knew it!!!

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/7/2021  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2021  9:18 AM
xavier wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Glad he is not our problem anymore. Yep, one can always force their way to another team, but the problem is that you cannot get away from yourself.

At the moment, he can't do that either. The difference between what he provides on the floor and the amount of his contract is so big that I don't see how the Mavs can trade him. The contract is until 2024 (of course he takes the option for the 2023-24 season) and I think he’s in Dallas at least until the trade deadline of 2023, and probably until the summer, when they can try to trade him along with a bunch of picks for some meaningful player.

KP has arguably the NBA’s worst contract, 3 years about $100 million left for an injury prone diva who is a scarecrow on defense

Decent game last night but that was with the NBA’s best point guard giving him wide open looks

Philc1

6/7/2021  9:19 AM
xavier wrote:
TPercy wrote:His defense was so much better with us though. Like he wasn’t all defense first team but he was still a big plus on D. Now I’m not sure if he could even check me at the rim.

As I wrote, he is simply no longer the same player he was at the Knicks before the injury.

Not even close.

Nalod
USA
6/7/2021  9:20 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Nalod gonna keep that Phil foam finger waving! LMAO

Now Phil is the REAL reason we made the 4th seed! I knew it!!!

No, it was the pick and as I said it was seen as a gift. I recall Phil explaining his doubt which at the time seemed like a douchebag move talking about himself and his doubts about taking KP. This is not about waving the PHil foam fingers. Its about looking back at history OBJECTIVELY. With KP’s small ass being mentioned it was funny to think Okafors massive rump was on his mind.
That Phil wanted to trade him even for the wrong reasons at the time is interesting. Yes, PHil was sleepy and I always say the story gets told on the court and a teams record. I’m not pining for Mills either.
Looking back there was many sides to how we got here.
Granted, Perhaps we dont’ draft Jaren Jackson and things work out otherwise. PHX whiffed on that pick and still look at them now? Teams make mistakes and still can find a way out.

“We Here”....how we got here matters.

Clean
Member: #743
6/7/2021  9:28 AM
xavier wrote:

I never watch the Mavs and when I saw KP play for the 1st time since the trade it looked like he was playing underwater. His whole thing was he was so tall and still moved like a guard. Now that he moves like a slow center he is no longer special. He is not a bad player but he is not even close to being a max player either.

Philc1

6/7/2021  9:28 AM
TPercy wrote:
Nalod wrote:He can’t get low on defense. Does not have the lets for those flying outback’s and the quick rim protection.

Bottom line was of course PHil sucked no KP had to play itself out. The guy logically defied many things. “Unicorn” on the court but unheard arrogance as well. Fans slammed knicks for this failure. They had not demonstrated a tolerance to give them the benefit of the doubt. KP fried PHil and Mills. I’m not sorry as Leon is doing a great job but it just makes you look back and shake your head. I do sympathize with Mills just a bit as the time line did not work in his favor. IN the end they did play the KP card correctly even if Dennis sucked, he hired Perry and was the man who ok’d randle. He is also the dude that did Fizdale, did not want to trade Morris and was panicking. Moving forward.

His defense was so much better with us though. Like he wasn’t all defense first team but he was still a big plus on D. Now I’m not sure if he could even check me at the rim.

Before the knee injury in 2018 with KP we were top 3 in the nba in shots blocked

His lateral quickness on D is gone as is his timing. Some of KP’s flops on D look like Shawn Bradley-esque

Nalod
USA
6/7/2021  10:08 AM
Clean wrote:
xavier wrote:

I never watch the Mavs and when I saw KP play for the 1st time since the trade it looked like he was playing underwater. His whole thing was he was so tall and still moved like a guard. Now that he moves like a slow center he is no longer special. He is not a bad player but he is not even close to being a max player either.

He is mophing into a max salary Bol Bol. Not terrible, but not at 30plus mil a year.
Dallas made a move to get an all star on the cheap. On paper it was risky. Does he regain some of that lost quickness and if he does, will another injury occur.
We all saw the potential. We all read the handwriting on the wall too. Phil read it to us. As an said earlier it was a dick move and could be why KP turned on PHil. They both had arrogance that did not serve them.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/7/2021  11:26 AM
He’s the new Andrea Bargnani teams will stay away, mavs are stuck with him unless they package a butt load of unprotected picks.
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
6/7/2021  12:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Media would have been brutal on Knicks if they went thru this with Durant. Because it would have been “Another thing” on top of 20 years of bad. Nets at least got to playoffs and did an improbable rebuild without their Pierce/Garnett picks. Knicks would have incited a “pile on” sort of effect.

You aren't wrong, and this isn't a shot at you at all but can we finally stop caring about what the big bad media says anymore? The Knicks and all the teams in this town need to operate with the what's best for this franchise, mindset and stop giving a **** about what the media says. It's words.

If the Knicks have Durant and all those missed games, they are still playing and the media is doing its usual about face no accountability tour.

Nalod
USA
6/7/2021  12:20 PM
doomed wrote:
Nalod wrote:Media would have been brutal on Knicks if they went thru this with Durant. Because it would have been “Another thing” on top of 20 years of bad. Nets at least got to playoffs and did an improbable rebuild without their Pierce/Garnett picks. Knicks would have incited a “pile on” sort of effect.

You aren't wrong, and this isn't a shot at you at all but can we finally stop caring about what the big bad media says anymore? The Knicks and all the teams in this town need to operate with the what's best for this franchise, mindset and stop giving a **** about what the media says. It's words.

If the Knicks have Durant and all those missed games, they are still playing and the media is doing its usual about face no accountability tour.

The media hate stops with winning. In fact media fueled in part this love fest this season.
I agree its not about media but they are the fans voice. Berman incites some opinions we see even on the UK threads sometimes.
Kyrie may be batshyt crazy but he is electrifying to watch.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/7/2021  1:45 PM
I still think we "won" the Timmy Jr. trade.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/7/2021  1:54 PM
smackeddog
6/7/2021  1:55 PM
fitzfarm wrote:He’s the new Andrea Bargnani teams will stay away, mavs are stuck with him unless they package a butt load of unprotected picks.

same s***y attitude too and air of self superiority

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/7/2021  2:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:He’s the new Andrea Bargnani teams will stay away, mavs are stuck with him unless they package a butt load of unprotected picks.

same s***y attitude too and air of self superiority

Yeah. Dude believed his own press clippings. Janis just kept on stoking that fire.

Grass is not always greener on the other side.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/7/2021  3:10 PM

Heh heh you said butt heh heh

Which is still not going to get any interest for taking on that max contract as long as Luca keeps them out of the lottery by himself. Would Cuban even fathom giving up picks and taking on a portion of KP's contract as well?

Gudris
Member: #6213

6/7/2021  4:13 PM

He is going to Golden state

smackeddog
6/7/2021  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2021  5:04 PM

Another article said Wiz might do a Bertans and their pick for him, which would be pretty good for the Mavs

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy