[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/31/2020  2:56 PM
Would you buy a used car from “Steve Mills Motors”???
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
9/1/2020  12:57 AM
Honda is not a good comparison. Those cars never break when compared to anything not Japanese. How about a 12 year old Porshe with a blown head gasket vs. a 12 year old BMW which runs but the electrical is whack, it shows 199 degrees Fahrenheit inside on the thermometer and the moon roof won't open.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

9/1/2020  10:45 AM
Or a Yugo.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/1/2020  12:25 PM
I see him as a wooden ladder. Long, up and down, will get you by if you take good care of it, but ultimately after the second use it starts to creak, and crack and wobble and you wish you bought that darn dependable almost indestructible metal ladder that turns into a ****ing workbench, coffee table, raised work platform, and shelf.
~You can't run from who you are.~
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/1/2020  12:38 PM
martin wrote:This is actually Option #2, removing the damaged part, not removing the entire meniscus

Yes. They only remove the damaged/frayed ends. The damage bits flopping around cause extra friction and pain.

I believe John Starks had his trimmed (he returned for the playoffs and our finals run).

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/1/2020  12:54 PM
Nalod wrote:Would you buy a used car from “Steve Mills Motors”???

Just got off the phone with them- they told me to sell everything of value that I have for pennies on the dollar to make some space- because they guarantee they're going to get me not one, but TWO of the finest cars ever made in a few months time! They haven't actually got them in stock yet, but they assure me, if I clear the space, they'll get me those two cars in three months time. Can't wait!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/1/2020  1:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2020  1:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Just got off the phone with them- they told me to sell everything of value that I have for pennies on the dollar to make some space- because they guarantee they're going to get me not one, but TWO of the finest cars ever made in a few months time! They haven't actually got them in stock yet, but they assure me, if I clear the space, they'll get me those two cars in three months time. Can't wait!

They did tho. They got you one Chevy Equinox, to use for a future trade in voucher, a Chevy Colorado, that probably doesn't make sense for your lifestyle, a Chevy Spark that's been passed around a couple of times, an older Ford F 1-50 that still runs, but is on its last legs, an inflator that used to be reliable, but suddenly decide to shut off when it arrived, and a Ford Fusion, that needed a some work, but should be up and running by the middle of the year. Unfortunately the GM, who used to be real tight with the owner, had no clue what he was doing and was eventually demoted to lot manager at a dealership in Hoboken.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
9/1/2020  4:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

They did tho. They got you one Chevy Equinox, to use for a future trade in voucher, a Chevy Colorado, that probably doesn't make sense for your lifestyle, a Chevy Spark that's been passed around a couple of times, an older Ford F 1-50 that still runs, but is on its last legs, an inflator that used to be reliable, but suddenly decide to shut off when it arrived, and a Ford Fusion, that needed a some work, but should be up and running by the middle of the year. Unfortunately the GM, who used to be real tight with the owner, had no clue what he was doing and was eventually demoted to lot manager at a dealership in Hoboken.

We leased a Bmw 8 series. After three years the warranty wore off. They are very fragile cars. Nice though! We had a 48month lease Could buy it for 158mil. Instead we were able to sell it but because it was broken we did not get full price. Instead we leased an Accord and its dependable, but also got a trade on used M3 convertible. This is Dennis. Great car when it works! But was rarely drive it. Always in the shop! We banked the rest of the money. But BMW did give us some vouchers for two cars in the future.

Welpee
Member: #6239

9/1/2020  8:52 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We leased a Bmw 8 series. After three years the warranty wore off. They are very fragile cars. Nice though! We had a 48month lease Could buy it for 158mil. Instead we were able to sell it but because it was broken we did not get full price. Instead we leased an Accord and its dependable, but also got a trade on used M3 convertible. This is Dennis. Great car when it works! But was rarely drive it. Always in the shop! We banked the rest of the money. But BMW did give us some vouchers for two cars in the future.

I honestly can't think of any period of time DSJ was "great when it works."
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
9/1/2020  9:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2020  9:30 PM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

His numbers the very first season here, right after the trade. We saw some definite flashes and it looked like he might be able to sustain it. Then the electrical wiring gave

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Welpee

9/1/2020  9:45 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

His numbers the very first season here, right after the trade. We saw some definite flashes and it looked like he might be able to sustain it. Then the electrical wiring gave

Yeah, I guess he had a couple of good games when he first arrived but so did Tre Burke.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/1/2020  9:56 PM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

DSJ's best game at MSG was when he was with Dallas, right before he was traded here. He had a triple double I believe and Steve Mills just might have creamed himself over that

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GT2AM
Member: #8847

9/2/2020  4:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2020  4:47 AM
Welpee wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah, I guess he had a couple of good games when he first arrived but so did Tre Burke.

DSJ first season was good too. He actually had 2 good seasons of 15.2 and 13.6 ppg. Give the kid a pass, he's only 22. He looked lost last year but Mom died, injuries, 3 PGs for 2 spots led to a bad year. I'd bet he'll be a serviceable player in the NBA.

We always judged the KP trade too early. We have no idea where the draft picks will lead. I had knee injuries too, 2 surgeries. Now I'm 100% Thank God. But it took very serious rehab. Would the Knicks sign KP to a max right now if he was a free agent? Doubt it. We would scream about his injury history, or at least have serious doubts. Amar'e Stoudemire had serious knee issues before the Knicks signed him. We signed him only because LeBron spurred the Knicks. How did that contract turn out? There are regrets to say the least

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/2/2020  10:59 AM
The Knicks aren't quite as bad as the NY Giants.

If the Giants let a player go to free agency, most of their former players don't last with other teams and often end their careers early. Do they run their guys into the ground? (did Eli pass hit teammates into hard hits?)
* Steve Smith - left Giants 25, played 2 more years, retired at age 27.
* Hakeem Nicks - left Giants at 25, came back at 27 and retired.
* Mario Manningham - left Giants at 25, came back at 28 and retired without playing a game.
* Victor Cruz - started his career at 24, got injured at 28, struggled through an age 30 season (active for 6 seasons)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Nalod
USA
9/2/2020  4:08 PM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Dennis is not a car either.

Welpee

9/2/2020  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2020  10:37 PM
GT2AM wrote:
Welpee wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

DSJ first season was good too. He actually had 2 good seasons of 15.2 and 13.6 ppg. Give the kid a pass, he's only 22. He looked lost last year but Mom died, injuries, 3 PGs for 2 spots led to a bad year. I'd bet he'll be a serviceable player in the NBA.

We always judged the KP trade too early. We have no idea where the draft picks will lead. I had knee injuries too, 2 surgeries. Now I'm 100% Thank God. But it took very serious rehab. Would the Knicks sign KP to a max right now if he was a free agent? Doubt it. We would scream about his injury history, or at least have serious doubts. Amar'e Stoudemire had serious knee issues before the Knicks signed him. We signed him only because LeBron spurred the Knicks. How did that contract turn out? There are regrets to say the least

It's easy to make that determination if you only look at ppg. I remember his rookie season looking at the box scores thinking "geez, we blew it not drafting DSJ." But then I actually watched him play a few games and paid close attention when he played the Knicks and I came away thinking the exact opposite. He just doesn't seem like a winning player. One of those guys who will put up decent numbers on bad teams. Make some highlight reel type plays. But that's about it. I hope like heck I'm wrong about him but I just don't see it.
GT2AM
Member: #8847

9/3/2020  10:40 AM
Welpee wrote:
GT2AM wrote:
Welpee wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It's easy to make that determination if you only look at ppg. I remember his rookie season looking at the box scores thinking "geez, we blew it not drafting DSJ." But then I actually watched him play a few games and paid close attention when he played the Knicks and I came away thinking the exact opposite. He just doesn't seem like a winning player. One of those guys who will put up decent numbers on bad teams. Make some highlight reel type plays. But that's about it. I hope like heck I'm wrong about him but I just don't see it.

Agree. But he has the talent to find his role in the NBA if works hard for it. He really can blow past guys.

fwk00
Member: #6048

9/3/2020  10:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

More like a moped.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/3/2020  11:43 AM
fwk00 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

More like a moped.

Electric bike?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/5/2020  10:23 PM
Could not happen to a better guy
Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy