[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2021  10:29 AM
If he plays 5 not 4
Stats under 30 min and does 65 games a year with no back to back
I think that’s what u can expect best case scenario
When he plays he’s an all star game changer
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

3/14/2021  1:38 PM
Stop crying, soon he will be in the Garden to kick your ass
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/14/2021  1:47 PM
Gudris wrote:Stop crying, soon he will be in the Garden to kick your ass

He better hope Frank is off the team.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/14/2021  4:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2021  4:10 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:He gets a lot of crap, but his last 3 year averages are

22.7 points, 39.5% from 3, 2.4 blocks a game
20.4 points, 35.2% from 3, 2.0 blocks a game
20.7 points, 37% from 3, 1.5 blocks a game

I do not know of many 7 foot or bigger guys that have those kind of numbers in the league, to be able to give you 20 a game, 2 to 3 three pointers a game (floor spacing), rim protection, and of course some shot creating in the post.

And since Dallas has traded for Porzingis, they have been a playoff level team. I mean, not like they would be a playoff team with the likes of Wes Matthews, DeAndre, a late first round pick and Dennis Smith Jr. The Knicks got robbed, none of those players are even with the team right now.

His main issue is that he misses 30% of his games. This will always be an issue with him, and part of why Phil Jackson wanted to sell high. You can not be a teams best player and miss those many games. In Dallas he is their second best player and it works well. This season the slow start was due to the injury in the offseason and not being able to work out. Now that he is rounding into shape, he is playing very well again. Dallas has been a better team with him. If Dallas trades him, they will get much more than the Knicks ever did, and that is the reason they would make a move like that, they would be upgrading in assets. The Knicks have not utilized their assets at well. They could have signed Randle, and had Porzingis as well. The guy was never going to give up a 5 year max extension to take a 1 year qualifying offer. Imagine having Thibs defensive coaching and 2 all-star level front court players like KP and Julius. You eventually trade for an elite guard-wing, and now you are an East contender for years. Yes, they had the space to do both. Sign Randle, and as well as extend Porzingis using his bird rights.

Either some of us have a short memory span or just not very knowledgeable of the situation. Do you not remember him threatening to go back to Latvia? Do you remember his brother rejecting the qualifying offer or whatever is called?

Yes we could have "kept" him for exactly one more season after which he was planning to sign somewhere else and we would have gotten nothing for him.

Also I am not a cap guru but from my understanding we were able to sign Randle withmoney we otherwise would have to spend on KP( which he declined to accept)

I am sooo happy that KP's ugly as all hell situation became what it's did. We got Randle, Quickley, Rose , that's before we even used any of the lottery picks. Basically we made out like bandits given the situation we had on hand.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/14/2021  4:09 PM
Gudris wrote:Stop crying, soon he will be in the Garden to kick your ass

Unless it's a back to back for Mavs.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/15/2021  9:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2021  9:09 AM
Either some of us have a short memory span or just not very knowledgeable of the situation. Do you not remember him threatening to go back to Latvia? Do you remember his brother rejecting the qualifying offer or whatever is called?

You can not reject an offer that is not there.
How it works, when you have a free agent that is restricted.
He goes into free agency with restriction, if he signs, then he has to be willing to see his original team match and keep him.
If he does not want that, he has to take the qualifying offer and then he can dictate his terms and become a FA a year after that. So what some fans think is that Porzingis would have taken a 1 year QO to become a FA in 2020, and then risk all that guaranteed money. I do not buy that for a second.

The position Porzingis was in, there was no purpose of dictating. He had to get his guarantee money. What happens, when he goes to Dallas, who were not even on the alleged list of teams that his brother wanted him to play on. Without playing a single minute of basketball with Dallas, he signs the 5 year maximum contract. They were not on his list, that was rumored that his brother wanted him to go to. Now sure, one can argue that maybe Porzingis is not worth that maximum contract. Because of injuries. Sure, I can respect that take. My issue is that the Knicks pretended like Porzingis had all the power, when he had none. They get DeAndre, Wes Matthews, DSJ all backups or not in the league anymore players. Low draft picks. It was the wrong time to move him. I assure you, with Porzingis injury history, he is not passing up on a guaranteed contract offer as a restricted FA. If Dallas moves him, they will get much more asset value than the Knicks ever got.

If WWW were in charge, this gets handled much better. Perry and Mills were a disaster.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2021  9:16 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

You can not reject an offer that is not there.
How it works, when you have a free agent that is restricted.
He goes into free agency with restriction, if he signs, then he has to be willing to see his original team match and keep him.
If he does not want that, he has to take the qualifying offer and then he can dictate his terms.

The position Porzingis was in, there was no purpose of dictating. He had to get his guarantee money. What happens, when he goes to Dallas, who were not even on the alleged list of teams that his brother wanted him to play on. He signs the 5 year maximum contract. Now sure, one can argue that maybe Porzingis is not worth that maximum contract. Because of injuries. Sure, I can respect that take. My issue is that the Knicks pretended like Porzingis had all the power, when he had none. They get DeAndre, Wes Matthews, DSJ all backups or not in the league anymore players. Low draft picks. It was the wrong time to move him. I assure you, with Porzingis injury history, he is not passing up on a guaranteed contract offer as a restricted FA.

The you have him on the roster for one more year with a valid vendetta to leave.
He did not have the power but he vowed to return, then got pissy over Fiz statement he was not sprinting in practice then posts him on an outdoor track with his trainer. Then he walked in with a list of and with that tried to lower his price in trade. Knicks then had a deal in their pocket with Cube and it was thought at the time the best they could do. He was closing it down for the season. He could have come back, played and we get nothing in return. He would have been unrestricted with torn meniscus. Lose-lose situation. Knicks thoght better to move on then another season and a half of KP drama. Also you don’t want a reputation even worse Then were we were at that moment. Knicks as free agent destination has not been stellar and **** blocking kp out of vengeance is not productive.
with the benefit of hindsight its easy to reproduce a better scenario two years later but the FA board was interesting and perhaps knicks Durant was in play. THis was before he was hurt, and before he signed with nets. Rumors were strong and while we might have been played, it might have been realistic AT THAT MOMENT.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/15/2021  9:37 AM
You've got to be kidding. An all-star level who didn't make the all star team? How does that work?

He couldn't stay on the court when he was here.
He just missed 4 of the last 9 games.
His unicorn stats couldn't get us to a playoff spot.
He's a dick, and his brother's worse.
He was getting into sheehit off the court towards the end of his tenure here.
His lateral movement is now documented as atrocious.
And I don't know many 7 foot 3 guys who couldn't average a double double.

He deserves all the crap he gets.

Consider posting on UltimateMavs.com

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/15/2021  10:52 AM
Yup.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/15/2021  11:26 AM
jrodmc wrote:You've got to be kidding. An all-star level who didn't make the all star team? How does that work?

He couldn't stay on the court when he was here.
He just missed 4 of the last 9 games.
His unicorn stats couldn't get us to a playoff spot.
He's a dick, and his brother's worse.
He was getting into sheehit off the court towards the end of his tenure here.
His lateral movement is now documented as atrocious.
And I don't know many 7 foot 3 guys who couldn't average a double double.

He deserves all the crap he gets.

Consider posting on UltimateMavs.com

Agreed also randle is a huge upgrade who’s even shooting better from 3, rebounds better, passes better, can score better. If it wasn’t for the kp trade randle wouldn’t be here . And like I said randle is a huge upgrade.

KP is a 50 game player always gets injured, as he will his whole career. He’s a super flawed player who struggles with consistency is a poor rebounder and a even worse passer . Sure at 7’3” he has the wow factor when he has 20pt games or some nice blocks.

But the kid is bad candy looks good but taste awful.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/15/2021  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2021  11:51 AM
Say what you want about KP's availabilty, but he wasnt called "Unicorn" by Durant because his skills were run of the mill for a big.

Those still griping about the trade, get real. Mavs have to treat him like he's hurt wether KP is or not. Thats just to keep him healthy enough to play Robin. Imagine if he were the number one option?

KP didnt want to be anything but the number one option on the Knicks. Believe thats why he didnt like the Knicks tanking for Zion. While he was rehabbing. Players dont normally complain the way he did, while being out for the season. Worse than anything Kyrie ever did while hurt.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/15/2021  1:13 PM
The rough English translation from Latvian for "Porzingis' is "whiny, lame, douche with schmuck brother."
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/15/2021  1:18 PM
Every time I see this thread get bumped, I immediately think AGAIN?!

Not wishing for it...but I do get a second or two of schadenfreude out of it..

wargames
Member: #6053

3/15/2021  11:27 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Every time I see this thread get bumped, I immediately think AGAIN?!

Not wishing for it...but I do get a second or two of schadenfreude out of it..

Yeah....

Yeah I ain’t wishing for it either.....

sure

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/15/2021  11:49 PM
Clippers beat them....GSW win tonight and maybe 1 more Dallas loss and they are out of it again.
The Future is Bright!
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/16/2021  1:26 PM
TPercy wrote:Clippers beat them....GSW win tonight and maybe 1 more Dallas loss and they are out of it again.

They’re 3 games ahead of the Pelicans who are in the 11th seed. As much as I’d love to see Doucheingis Miss the playoffs it looks like they will get in as a 8-10 seed

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/16/2021  2:09 PM
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:Clippers beat them....GSW win tonight and maybe 1 more Dallas loss and they are out of it again.

They’re 3 games ahead of the Pelicans who are in the 11th seed. As much as I’d love to see Doucheingis Miss the playoffs it looks like they will get in as a 8-10 seed

Another reason why we should not trade for Lonzo. The Pels need his greatness to catch up with Dallas.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/16/2021  5:27 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Another reason why we should not trade for Lonzo. The Pels need his greatness to catch up with Dallas.

lol

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/16/2021  7:39 PM
Philc1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

lol

ESOM playing that 4D chess!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/20/2021  2:05 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy