[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Somethings haven't chnge
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/15/2004  11:56 AM
We are still one of the softest teams in the league.

It's unfortunate that Earlier on in the day I got to see the KNICKS Vs NETS (NBA Greatest Games) 1994 Playoffs. Becasue I really wittness a rugged defensive team that play ridiculous defense with no real ( other then pat, & starks) offensive weapons.

Fast foward to last nights team, and it made me cringe. The Nets have the same problem they had even before summer. They have no real shooters.

Jamal is great, but allan Houston is a must for 32 to 35 minutes a night, manditory. And if were going to trade KT, it absolutey can't be for no freaking WALLY, we will be push and kick around like a group of NERDS.

It's painfully obvious that our defense laps comes from our defensive schemes, and the fact that we do not have defensive minded players.

I can handle the fact that our players are not defensive minded because 70% of the league is like that. But when guy's don't rotate, or are to lazy to give that extra step or 2 to defend a shot, i'm looking at the coach before the player. A solid shooting team will bury us.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/15/2004  3:00 PM
There were a couple of instances when guys didn't put a hand up to contest a shot. I think Penny did that once, and the guy drained it.

You're right though. I don't care if a guy hits a shot, while it's being contested, or if someone tries hard on defense, but still gets beat off the dribble. That's one thing. But when guys miss assignments or just get lazy, then that's where tough minded guys like Charlies Oakley, Jeff Van Gundy ect.. come in. And you're right. Kurt Thomas for Wally makes me cry. We need KT to get his head on straight. Ever since that playoff series against the Nets, Kurt Thomas has become very UNDERRATED by Knicks fans. It's funny how fans got mad that Marcus Camby called NY fans fickle, but it's so true.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/15/2004  3:15 PM
I wont lie, I aint the biggets Cr8zy Eyes fan on the planet. In fact over the years on this board I have called him out many times - said he sucked, said I cant stand him etc. Maybe its because I would rather see Camby here instead of KT - I have always felt KT is a bum and that "lead the nation in scoring at TCU" BS has got to go. But he is the best we have right now on our front line.

Sure Sweetney may be up and coming but he has a LOOOONG way to go.

Vin Baker the drink maker is not about to lead us to the promise land.

Nazr - nuff said.

If the group plans on winning, then KT by all means needs to be a starter and play a decent amount of minutes. That is why he is a tri captain - because he is actually (although it pains me to say it) one of the most talented players on this roster - although he is at best a role player on a good team.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
metra
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #473
10/15/2004  3:54 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Kurt and I dont understand why this board cant bring themselves to like him. He's crucial, scores points, good D (except for blocks), and is an awesome underrated PF. He's easily better than Nazi/Sweets(although he'll be a monster at the end of the year)/Vin and whoever else you can import.

Things that havent changed: what pained me, and probably others through game after game - the TO's and PF's. By no means am I a coaching expert but I hope those two issues were integral during the offseason. Unfortunately, after this game (even if its preseason) it doesnt look like TO's and PF's were concentrated on too much.

[Edited by - metra on 10/15/2004 15:55:12]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/15/2004  3:58 PM
Posted by metra:

Theres nothing wrong with Kurt and I dont understand why this board cant bring themselves to like him. He's crucial, scores points, good D (except for blocks), and is an awesome underrated PF.
He is under rated. I personally think KT is a very good player.

I think our team did look a little soft but you guys forget that we are a new team. Jerome Williams who is IMO our best frontcourt defender did not get to play a lot of minutes. Sweetney looked REALLY rusty and Nazr picked up quick fouls. We are one player short of being a decent defense and in this case, trading KT for Wally would be one of the biggest mistakes Isiah Thomas can make.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
10/15/2004  4:31 PM
I agree that trading for Wally would be a mistake.

As unathletic as Kurt is he is the closet thing to a solid big man as we have. Everyone else isn't consistent or has proved to be consistent or can put in a solid 30 minutes and get into foul problems.

Like I've said many times we can only trade Kurt +??? for another solid big man, otherwise we might have problems this season.
Somethings haven't chnge

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy