Houdton we have a problem
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/16/2004  10:17 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

So there you have it Silver... Houston is a better shooter than Kobe and Rip. I think you got scoring and shooting confused.
No, you have 'pure shooting' and 'shooting with someone in your face' confused.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/16/2004  10:21 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bizzy211:

"S"ugar "H"oney "I"ced "T"ea. Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe
Dude, go back and read what I was responding to. Kobe can shoot and hit on any defender and is twice as clutch as Houston. And just cause Kobe can do more thna shoot when he is being guarded doesn't mean he isn't a good shooter. Kobe can shoot with the best of them. I would pick Kobe over Redd who is IMO that best shooter in the game today.
but Kobe is better at creating his own shots.
Are you seriously saying this or being sarcatic? I should phrase it better. Did you really feel the need to add this line to your post? Kobe is better than Houston in anything that has to do with the sport.

It was my fault for even giving you Kobe's name. If you have ever seen the Lakers in need of a clutch bucket in any big playoff games, you will see the ball always goes to Kobe and he ALWAYS scores. He shoots more clutch jumpshots than anyone in the game today.

What's funny is that you actually want to disagree with my statements. Listen, if you are going to quote what I said, use it correctly. Here is what I had stated: Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe, but Kobe is better at creating his own shots. Now if you disagree with this statement then you need to go order some league pass and watch the real NBA and get off that NBA Live 2005 son.

There isn't a person alive who knows basketball that will disagree with this statement. Kobe is streaky just like how Latrell Spree-well was when he was on Golden State only Kobe is way better at creating his own shots. Let's face it, Kobe got mad handles. But I bet you Kobe wishes he had a shot like H20. He has nightmares about the day H20 lit them up for 50.

"It was my fault for even giving you Kobe's name. If you have ever seen the Lakers in need of a clutch bucket in any big playoff games, you will see the ball always goes to Kobe and he ALWAYS scores. He shoots more clutch jumpshots than anyone in the game today." I'm sorry, but did Reggie Miller retire yet?
I'll repeat for you if you didn't catch it the last time........I'm sorry, but did Reggie Miller retire yet?

My point is.... You are wrong.

Now let's see if you can have a good argument without taking it personal.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Silverfuel
USA
10/16/2004  10:30 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bizzy211:

"S"ugar "H"oney "I"ced "T"ea. Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe
Dude, go back and read what I was responding to. Kobe can shoot and hit on any defender and is twice as clutch as Houston. And just cause Kobe can do more thna shoot when he is being guarded doesn't mean he isn't a good shooter. Kobe can shoot with the best of them. I would pick Kobe over Redd who is IMO that best shooter in the game today.
but Kobe is better at creating his own shots.
Are you seriously saying this or being sarcatic? I should phrase it better. Did you really feel the need to add this line to your post? Kobe is better than Houston in anything that has to do with the sport.

It was my fault for even giving you Kobe's name. If you have ever seen the Lakers in need of a clutch bucket in any big playoff games, you will see the ball always goes to Kobe and he ALWAYS scores. He shoots more clutch jumpshots than anyone in the game today.

What's funny is that you actually want to disagree with my statements. Listen, if you are going to quote what I said, use it correctly. Here is what I had stated: Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe, but Kobe is better at creating his own shots. Now if you disagree with this statement then you need to go order some league pass and watch the real NBA and get off that NBA Live 2005 son.

There isn't a person alive who knows basketball that will disagree with this statement. Kobe is streaky just like how Latrell Spree-well was when he was on Golden State only Kobe is way better at creating his own shots. Let's face it, Kobe got mad handles. But I bet you Kobe wishes he had a shot like H20. He has nightmares about the day H20 lit them up for 50.

"It was my fault for even giving you Kobe's name. If you have ever seen the Lakers in need of a clutch bucket in any big playoff games, you will see the ball always goes to Kobe and he ALWAYS scores. He shoots more clutch jumpshots than anyone in the game today." I'm sorry, but did Reggie Miller retire yet?
I'll repeat for you if you didn't catch it the last time........I'm sorry, but did Reggie Miller retire yet?

My point is.... You are wrong.

Now let's see if you can have a good argument without taking it personal.
What are you talking about? If you are saying Kobe can create a shot better than Houston, u dont need to say it. Everyone knows! And fine, Reggie is more clutch than Kobe! Does that make you happy?

Houston is a streaky shooter too. Thats what jump shooters are! Streaky. If you think Jump shooters aren't streaky, you are the one that needs to lay off the video games.

The difference is that when Houston is in a bad streak, he cannot do anything else. If Kobe is in a slump he can drive to the hoop. If you want to say, "Houston has better shooting nights than Kobe" fine. He does. What exactly does that accomplish? Does that mean Houston can shoot better with someone in his face? Does that mean he gets the starting SG spot over Cawford when he returns?
Bizzy211
USA
10/16/2004  10:43 AM
Man..... lol, I must got you excited over there or something. Hey you know what you did mention something I definately agree with, "The difference is that when Houston is in a bad streak, he cannot do anything else. If Kobe is in a slump he can drive to the hoop."

That was a good point. And yes I do think Shooters are streaky, ... but from what you are saying, we could say that everyone in the NBA is streaky, but I also think you are taking that out of context. You do know what we mean when we compare Kobe to being streaky.

When we say Shaq can't shoot free-throws, do we mean he misses them all the time? No! So let's not try to switch things up here.

Obviously you must be a Kobe fan so I will lay off him for now as I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything. I made my point and it will stick. But to pound it in a little bit..... I hate Kobe!!!!!! He sucks!!!
Good Arguing with you maybe we can do this again sometime.
Silverfuel
USA
10/16/2004  10:52 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

Hey you know what you did mention something I definately agree with, "The difference is that when Houston is in a bad streak, he cannot do anything else. If Kobe is in a slump he can drive to the hoop."

That was a good point. And yes I do think Shooters are streaky, ... but from what you are saying, we could say that everyone in the NBA is streaky, but I also think you are taking that out of context. You do know what we mean when we compare Kobe to being streaky.

When we say Shaq can't shoot free-throws, do we mean he misses them all the time? No! So let's not try to switch things up here.
That is a pretty bad example to use. Shaq really cannot shoot free throws. Kobe really can jump shoot with Houston.
Obviously you must be a Kobe fan so I will lay off him for now as I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything. I made my point and it will stick. But to pound it in a little bit..... I hate Kobe!!!!!! He sucks!!!
I HATE KOBE TOO!!! I cannot stand that fag! He is a freaking baby.
Man..... lol, I must got you excited over there or something. Good Arguing with you maybe we can do this again sometime.
Guy, its always good arguing with people and I never take anything personal. I would have a good time watching a game over bottles of rum with anyone on this forum. I really hope no one takes my posts as personal attacks on anyone.
Bizzy211
USA
10/16/2004  10:57 AM
Nah, I would see why anyone would. you've been very tactfull with your post. You do realize though that if Houston is healthy and we play the Lakers that we are going to have to go at it again right.
Bizzy211
USA
10/16/2004  11:34 AM
I know we pretty much closed this, but I just wanted to show you that there is a difference between shooters and scorers, or atleast my separation between them.http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/242734p-208115c.html

"Wilkens has coached great shooters during his career, Fred Brown in Seattle and Houston with the Knicks. But Crawford is a scorer, not unlike another player Wilkens coached in Cleveland, Ron Harper."

Bobby
Member: #408
USA
10/16/2004  11:45 AM
allan houston return to the lineup as starter over crawford should have no second guessing. houston has already committed in giving support to crawford , and if that commitment means more minutes so be it. let’s not forget houston is captain, and his leadership will be key…….especially in the post season. and if h20 says he is healthy enough to start, allan gets the nod. crawford will have time to mature with the knicks just like h20 has. talk about pure shooting, h20 rates above ray allen and peja, but cannot compete with one of the greatest pure shooters of all time, a class act , the knick killer himself…reggie miller
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
10/17/2004  4:23 PM
nytimes.com has interesting reading:

Jamal Crawford continues to dazzle, and he is improving as he goes. He scored 25 points in 25 minutes yesterday, leading the Knicks for the second straight game. He also took to heart Coach Lenny Wilkens's admonitions to make smarter plays. He committed only two turnovers and went 10 for 12 from the field (3 for 3 from 3-point range). His strong play is setting the Knicks up for an awkward decision once Allan Houston's knees are ready for action. "When we come to it, we'll have to address that,'' Wilkens said. ... stephon marbury left the game briefly in the third quarter after sustaining a small cut near his left eye, the result of an inadvertent smack from Kurt Thomas. The training staff closed the cut with medical glue. ... Marbury, the Knicks' scoring leader last season, has averaged 10 points in two preseason games.

what's even more interesting is h20 salary 3x jc's salary. h20 is healthy with 17.4 mil off the bench?......i dont think so
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/17/2004  5:21 PM
Posted by Bobby:

nytimes.com has interesting reading:

Jamal Crawford continues to dazzle, and he is improving as he goes. He scored 25 points in 25 minutes yesterday, leading the Knicks for the second straight game. He also took to heart Coach Lenny Wilkens's admonitions to make smarter plays. He committed only two turnovers and went 10 for 12 from the field (3 for 3 from 3-point range). His strong play is setting the Knicks up for an awkward decision once Allan Houston's knees are ready for action. "When we come to it, we'll have to address that,'' Wilkens said. ... stephon marbury left the game briefly in the third quarter after sustaining a small cut near his left eye, the result of an inadvertent smack from Kurt Thomas. The training staff closed the cut with medical glue. ... Marbury, the Knicks' scoring leader last season, has averaged 10 points in two preseason games.

what's even more interesting is h20 salary 3x jc's salary. h20 is healthy with 17.4 mil off the bench?......i dont think so
You're still in the Layden mindset. I haven't seen any evidence that Isiah has ever determined playing time based on players' salaries.
Houdton we have a problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy