[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Houdton we have a problem
Author Thread
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/15/2004  4:54 PM
"S"ugar "H"oney "I"ced "T"ea. Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe, but Kobe is better at creating his own shots.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/15/2004  5:36 PM
How about...

Marbury/Brewer
Crawford/Ariza
Allan/TT
Sweetney/KT/Williams
Nazr/Baker
~You can't run from who you are.~
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/15/2004  5:38 PM
Posted by joec32033:

How about...

Marbury/Brewer
Crawford/Ariza
Allan/TT
Sweetney/KT/Williams
Nazr/Baker

The thought of H20 at the 3 is somewhat nausiating.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/15/2004  6:08 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by joec32033:

How about...

Marbury/Brewer
Crawford/Ariza
Allan/TT
Sweetney/KT/Williams
Nazr/Baker

Yeah, the thought of having a forward who gives us 2 rebounds a game is nausiating.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
10/15/2004  6:19 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by joec32033:

How about...

Marbury/Brewer
Crawford/Ariza
Allan/TT
Sweetney/KT/Williams
Nazr/Baker

Yeah, the thought of having a forward who gives us 2 rebounds a game is nausiating.
yeah, good thing we have a strong rebounding 3 like tim thomas.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
RonRon
Member: #246
10/15/2004  6:33 PM
we dont know the condition of houston but if mike sweetney develops to our post prescense than a shooter like houston will be great
RonRon
Member: #246
10/15/2004  6:33 PM
i really like ariza btw, i would think about giving him the full midlevel exception if needed to retain him
rain
Member: #353
USA
10/15/2004  7:56 PM
Houston will come off the bench and knock down the kick-outs from Marbury and/or Crawford. Their is room for the three of them, as their is not one player sans Tracy Murray that can consistently hit a mid-range jumper. They need Allan off the bench.

Ariza is a 19 year-old.. he'll get some minutes, but I'd be surprised to see him part of the rotation.
Bonn1997
USA
10/15/2004  8:02 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by joec32033:

How about...

Marbury/Brewer
Crawford/Ariza
Allan/TT
Sweetney/KT/Williams
Nazr/Baker

yeah, good thing we have a strong rebounding 3 like tim thomas.
5 RPG in 30 MPG is less than TT should be getting considering his body but those numbers from an SF don't kill your team like 2 RPG in 38 MPG from Houston at SF would.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/15/2004  8:12 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:

Sorry Silver, I will never put Rip Hamilton ahead of Houston when it comes to shooting. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER..... put him ahead of houston.
OK!! I will put him ahead of Houston, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!!
Glen Rice was a better shooter than Rip Hamilton is.
Glen Rice was a better shooter, scorer, player than Houston is, was. If he is better than Rip is yet to be seen. Rip has not hit his prime yet.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Silverfuel
USA
10/15/2004  8:22 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:

"S"ugar "H"oney "I"ced "T"ea. Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe
Dude, go back and read what I was responding to. Kobe can shoot and hit on any defender and is twice as clutch as Houston. And just cause Kobe can do more thna shoot when he is being guarded doesn't mean he isn't a good shooter. Kobe can shoot with the best of them. I would pick Kobe over Redd who is IMO that best shooter in the game today.
but Kobe is better at creating his own shots.
Are you seriously saying this or being sarcatic? I should phrase it better. Did you really feel the need to add this line to your post? Kobe is better than Houston in anything that has to do with the sport.

It was my fault for even giving you Kobe's name. If you have ever seen the Lakers in need of a clutch bucket in any big playoff games, you will see the ball always goes to Kobe and he ALWAYS scores. He shoots more clutch jumpshots than anyone in the game today.
Bonn1997
USA
10/15/2004  9:27 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bizzy211:

"S"ugar "H"oney "I"ced "T"ea. Kobe isn't better than H20 at shooting. Houston shoots better than Kobe
Dude, go back and read what I was responding to. Kobe can shoot and hit on any defender and is twice as clutch as Houston. And just cause Kobe can do more thna shoot when he is being guarded doesn't mean he isn't a good shooter. Kobe can shoot with the best of them. I would pick Kobe over Redd who is IMO that best shooter in the game today.
but Kobe is better at creating his own shots.
Are you seriously saying this or being sarcatic? I should phrase it better. Did you really feel the need to add this line to your post? Kobe is better than Houston in anything that has to do with the sport.

It was my fault for even giving you Kobe's name. If you have ever seen the Lakers in need of a clutch bucket in any big playoff games, you will see the ball always goes to Kobe and he ALWAYS scores. He shoots more clutch jumpshots than anyone in the game today.

I'm not sure that Kobe is a better spot up shooter than Houston. That's probably be the one and only aspect of the game that I'd rank Houston ahead of Kobe.

For their careers, Kobe's shot 83% from the free throw line and 33% from 3 pt range. In contrast, Houston's #s are 86% and 40%. You can give the edge in all other aspects of the game to Kobe, but as far as pure shooting is concerned, I give the edge to Houston (so long as he's healthy enough to play obviously)
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/15/2004  10:06 PM
Kobe is a scorer. Houston is a pure shooter. I'd consider Kobe a streaky shooter. Not a pure shooter. Kobe has never been a spot up shooter. The difference is when Kobe's shot is off, he puts up bricks. When he's on he can't miss. Usually when Houston's shot doesn't fall it's in and out. He'sa pure shooter.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/15/2004  10:17 PM
Ray allen is a great shooter as is peja, Redd is not far behind, but if some of you think that Houston is behind RIP Hamilton and even Redd, then I know you have spent too much time sniffing fumes from the tailpipe of the city busses.... Houston two years ago(his last healthy season) dropped 50 + twice, basically using mid range jumpers and three pointers, this guy is as deadly a shooter as there is. RIP usually is better if someone sets him up, I doubt he could or would ever drop 50 in his career. I will put houston right up there or equal to ray Allen and peja when it comes to shooting... Kobe is not a shooter, he is a scorer, he is not even in the class with these guys when it comes to just shooting...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
10/15/2004  10:48 PM
Rip Hamilton is *not* in the same class as these other players mentioned regarding shooting ability. He has an awesome mid range game just like the other players mentioned in this thread, but not much range. He makes about one three pointer per every FIVE games played. Last season, he made 26% of his 3 point shots.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/16/2004  12:20 AM
I think Kobe is streaky because of him not being in the game at times- its a mental thing.

I'm sorry- but there have been too many games where down the stretch, he is deadly from outside.

Those games where he goes 4 - 23 are games that, as he toughens mentally will turn into 8 - 19.

I would argue that Kobe is a better outside shooter- the difference is for Houston he is like a golfer with a perfect golf swing- Kobe is athletic and when he focuses, he is a better shooter.

I would suggest these as the definition of outside shooting greatness- and you can certainly differ-

play off game on the line, down 2 points- who do you want taking the three?

TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/16/2004  1:12 AM
"play off game on the line, down 2 points- who do you want taking the three?"

Either or. It doesn't matter. If you remember last year in the playoffs Kobe hit a 3 pointer from way down town to push the game into over time. This was the only game L.A. won in the finals. But if you remember, 2 plays before that Kobe put up a 3 with the clock under 10 seconds and it was ugly. Way off!

That said, i'm riding with Houston taking the 3. To tell you the truth, I'd take a healthy Allan shooting the 3 with the game on the line over most NBA players.

Remember the game verse the Mavs last season when Steph stole the ball got it to Houston with the clock low and it was wet! And we all know Houston wasn't Houston last season. When he's healthy, jumpshots for H20 are like layups.

Kobe shooting in traffic, off the dribble and fading away is much better than Houston. But set shots? Not even close. Houston's shot is way more consistant.

Kevin Garnett said it best. During the Olympics' practice in 2000 he said when Houston shoots it's more surprising to see him actually miss. KG said when he puts a shot up everybody just automatically expects it to go in.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/16/2004  10:03 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Rip Hamilton is *not* in the same class as these other players mentioned regarding shooting ability. He has an awesome mid range game just like the other players mentioned in this thread, but not much range. He makes about one three pointer per every FIVE games played. Last season, he made 26% of his 3 point shots.

I can agree with you on that, but I am not suprised that Hamilton is getting so much props here, detroit is the new bandwagon to jump on, I am suprised I haven't heard the ben wallace low post game is as good as Duncan's, yet...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Silverfuel
USA
10/16/2004  10:06 AM
I am amazed at how much most of us here over rate Allan Houston. Houston might be a better pure shooter but the question was
Besides Jordan and Reggie name me 10 players that can catch and shoot even w/ people in his grill and hit... at a high average and do that many times during the game.
With someone in their faces, I would pick Kobe each time over Houston. Houston is a good pure shooter but "w/ people in his grill" Kobe is a better shooter than Houston. Kobe is a scorer because he has basketball skills other than jump shooting. If Kobe is missing his jump shots, he can drive, fake, fade, get to the foul line, pass the ball to the open man etc... That does not mean Houston does not go cold and when that happens, I dont want him shooting anything, w/ someone in his grill or not.

I like the post someone made that said, houston has a perfect jumpshot like a perfect golf swing. It is easier to get back into rhythm with a perfect anything. Houston is a good pure shooter. He is probably the second of 3rd best "pure" shooter in this league but that does not give him the starting spot over Craw when he returns.

I am pretty sure that Houston will not start this season anyway. If and when Houston does return he will in his fragile state be of no help to our team. I dont see him playing more than 40 games this year.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
10/16/2004  10:09 AM
So there you have it Silver... Houston is a better shooter than Kobe and Rip. I think you got scoring and shooting confused.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Houdton we have a problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy