tonight's box score?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/15/2004  9:38 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Sorry about that. My computer went crazy for a sec.

Briggs you said:

"i think what we can take out of that game is we avoided a disastrous start. If somehow we lost to that AWFUL and I mean AWFUl team--even in pre-season by double digits--i wouldve been frightened."

"we can say this is the first pre-season game yadyada but anyone can plainly see some real good stuff and some real defeciencies."

"i will stand by the statement that the nets are the worst team in the nba worse than atlanta and even charlotte"

Briggs, based on what you said, if you really feel that way then Minny must be in trouble. They barely got past Atlanta tonight (99-96). Should they be at a point where they should keep their finger by the panic button? Is that how you feel after one preseason game?
That's a good point. Minnesota must be in a disasterous situation now

I also agree that the Nets are a terrible team.....Minnesota was playing their key guys only 20 something mins so you can't say that about them.

Who do the Nets have? The Nets still run the motion offense so they will score but there is no on on that team that says that they should be in the running for a playoff spot. They will be near the bottom if not the worst. Rodney Buford? Jason Collins?

Dick Jefferson is not a go to guy. He score 18 pts in 3 quarters but I don't remember any of it except that reverse alley-oop that he got that he screamed and hollered about. Big Deal. Timmy banged it on someone too and Trevor Ariza had a nice dunk too and neither get as excited as he did. Nets will get the 7th seed......

in the lottery!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 10/15/2004 09:39:28]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/15/2004  11:10 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Briggs you said:

"i think what we can take out of that game is we avoided a disastrous start. If somehow we lost to that AWFUL and I mean AWFUl team--even in pre-season by double digits--i wouldve been frightened."

"we can say this is the first pre-season game yadyada but anyone can plainly see some real good stuff and some real defeciencies."

"i will stand by the statement that the nets are the worst team in the nba worse than atlanta and even charlotte"

Briggs, based on what you said, if you really feel that way then Minny must be in trouble. They barely got past Atlanta tonight (99-96). Should they be at a point where they should keep their finger by the panic button? Is that how you feel after one preseason game?

I also agree that the Nets are a terrible team.....Minnesota was playing their key guys only 20 something mins so you can't say that about them.
[Edited by - enyspree on 10/15/2004 09:39:28]
Same with the Knicks. Check out Marbury's minutes and TT's minutes
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/15/2004  11:30 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Briggs you said:

maybe they should break up the core & rebuild?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/15/2004  12:13 PM
TT is TT. He is way overpaid and is a guy who will disapear during a stretch of a game or commit early fouls. He also in the same game could carry the team on his back. But I think he fits well with this team. He can handle, he can post, he is great in the open court, he can shoot from anywhere on the floor, he can create his own shot off the dribble, he can spot up, he can beat your off the dribble, he can shoot over you with his height. He may not put it all together every game but he can do many things at specific times and gives any rotation a lot of versatility. He just needs to improve his rebounding
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
10/15/2004  6:46 PM
Tim Thomas is such a loser, I'm so sick of watching him. I hope Ariza can improve throughout the year and push him and MAYBE then this guy will put his foot to the gas and actually try to do something.

Marbury's numbers, extrapolated for his normal 40 minute game, is 20 points 8 assists. I thought he did an average job.

Crawford is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I especially like Crawford in there with Ariza and Brewer. Brewer puts great pressure on the ball and Ariza and Crawford are so good on the fastbreak.

KT is our best big man still, let's not try to trade him.

The Knicks will have a pretty solid second unit. Houston, Sweetney, and Ariza should all be coming off the bench, and those are 3 guys that could start on a lot of teams.

It's a work in progress, I still see them as needing a few things (shotblocker being one).

Overall, I hope TT and Penny aren't re-signed in 2 years and Ariza is ready as the future 3. That'll be $30 million coming off. Shouldn't be traded, shouldn't be re-signed, let go of both of them.

I like Brewer as a guy who just pressures the ball. He plays good D and is good in the backcourt with Crawford because Crawford can play his natural point.

Sweetney is a sweet rebounder, but needs to work on his O.

There are positives and negatives.
#Knickstaps
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/16/2004  12:18 PM
Tim Thomas averaged 18pts 5rebs on 45% shooting and 40% 3pt shooting in 31mins if u mins those games with injuries. Which u can compare to Jefferson who had 18.5pts 6rebs on 50% shooting and 36% 3pt shooting in 38mins. Though I admit Jefferson is a better player because he has more explosiveness and is a better defender. Thomas is a matchup problem for any SF in the league. He may not be the star that he could be but he isn't a liability at SF because of the matchup problems he brings team have to factor him into every game plan.

With Crawford-Marbury-Houston-KT he Problable won't score average 18pts this yr but he will shoot at 50% and 40% 3pt% and average an inconsistant 5rebs. But the matchup problems he causes that helps open others up isn't included in stats.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
tonight's box score?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy