[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas shut up already!!!
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/14/2004  2:08 PM
Isiah is teaching them how to take care of their home-court and make a freaking statement in this league. You will see comes tonight.
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

Nalod! You don't have a freaking clue about Isiah's teaching philosophy. Check out his playing days, better yet, check our his coaching days in Indy. Isiah welcomes this type of attitudes man. Enjoy what you are hearing and what you are about to see. This Knicks team is going to be fun to watch.

Tonight, we will all see what this team is made out off.

your right, I don't have a clue. Tell me what is "Isiahs teaching philosphy"?

I understand attitude, but I also understand actions speak louder than words. Miss Gazy is either going to speak volumes, do somthing stupid, or continue to let his words play the game.

But seriously, tell me what Isiah is teaching these kids?
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/14/2004  2:17 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

TT needs to just say no comment. But I think its more of the Papers trying to hype up this rivalry the day of the game than TT. TT made 2 comments but yet there is like 5 articles on it each at least 5 paragraphs long.

Yeah. He needs to stop commenting on the issue and move on-- it makes him sound fixated on revenge--- not on doing what it takes to make himself a better BASKETBALL PLAYER and contributor to the team. If boxing will make him a better player and stronger competitor, I'm all for it, but when he's gotta talk trash in the pre-season about this, it's just sad.

As a Knicks fan, I'm kind of embarassed by his remarks. :)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MS
Member: #724
10/14/2004  2:30 PM
Ron Artest really behaved himself under Isiah Thomas...Why not compare the previous year under Isiah and this past year...Isiah applauds this BUll ****...
diderotn
USA
10/14/2004  2:32 PM
TT is playing psychological game with the Nets, and you all are falling for it. He is trying to bring the lights on them just so the referees can pay a little more attention to the game. Second, TT is trying to create a rivalry type of atmosphere for his team-mates, which could help carry us over the hump. Third, the excitement that he is generating between the two teams will make it a must see game everytime the two teams meet. It is already a must see between Marb and Kidd, adding TT and Jefferson in the mix will hype it up even more now that Fugazy is not around.

Posted by technomaster:

TT needs to just say no comment. But I think its more of the Papers trying to hype up this rivalry the day of the game than TT. TT made 2 comments but yet there is like 5 articles on it each at least 5 paragraphs long.

Yeah. He needs to stop commenting on the issue and move on-- it makes him sound fixated on revenge--- not on doing what it takes to make himself a better BASKETBALL PLAYER and contributor to the team. If boxing will make him a better player and stronger competitor, I'm all for it, but when he's gotta talk trash in the pre-season about this, it's just sad.

MS
10/14/2004  2:37 PM
Wow, TT has even got you believing hes not an *******...I am sorry he isn't trying to create anything he just doesn't know better...Shall we revisit the double head band days
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/14/2004  3:09 PM
Like he was the key to the series

Actually he may have been. If he didn't go down in Game 1, I still believe we would have won Games 3 and 4. But it's impossible to assume any more than that.

If TT wants to make a huge deal out of this, I will support him, but it would be better for everyone involved to move past this crap and just go out and play.
MS
10/14/2004  3:14 PM
He was a very big loss when you consider it forced anderson into a greater role. Had Wilkens figured out before game three that Marbury would be at his most effective at the two, because he wouldn't be doubled nearly as much the Knicks would have made it a series. Losing TT also made it a lot easier to pressure steph because Frank was a rookie (practically) and shandon shoots like devon george

There were also a few calls that didn't go our way in game three.

And Had Marbury had a brain and not thrown up two ill advised Starbury three pointers with a 6 point lead with 4 to go we would have taken that game, even without TT.
diderotn
USA
10/14/2004  3:29 PM
Exactly. Right after the incident, that was the very first thing I reported. I knew how he killed them the year before when he played for Milwaulkee. You can't fault the Nets too much, they just took care of business. Whether it was the right way or not, they still won the series.

Posted by MS:

He was a very big loss when you consider it forced anderson into a greater role. Had Wilkens figured out before game three that Marbury would be at his most effective at the two, because he wouldn't be doubled nearly as much the Knicks would have made it a series. Losing TT also made it a lot easier to pressure steph because Frank was a rookie (practically) and shandon shoots like devon george

There were also a few calls that didn't go our way in game three.

And Had Marbury had a brain and not thrown up two ill advised Starbury three pointers with a 6 point lead with 4 to go we would have taken that game, even without TT.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/14/2004  5:14 PM
Posted by diderotn:

TT is playing psychological game with the Nets, and you all are falling for it. He is trying to bring the lights on them just so the referees can pay a little more attention to the game. Second, TT is trying to create a rivalry type of atmosphere for his team-mates, which could help carry us over the hump. Third, the excitement that he is generating between the two teams will make it a must see game everytime the two teams meet. It is already a must see between Marb and Kidd, adding TT and Jefferson in the mix will hype it up even more now that Fugazy is not around.

Posted by technomaster:

THANK GOD we have you here to show us the light!
dim wit...

Ira
Member: #91
10/14/2004  8:00 PM
TT tries to act tough because he know he isn't.
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
10/14/2004  10:41 PM
Yeah, well Briggs I’m old enough to remember those 90’s squads, and I’m also old enough not to laughably romanticize them as a “when men were men” era. Truth is, that team defined thug ball, and their philosophy led to the current deterioration of the game, where an emphasis is put on clutching, grabbing, and cheap shots, and not actual skill. Love those old Knicks teams to death, but truth is truth. Of course that definition of thug ball is not to be confused with the current definition and its racist overtones where a thug is anyone who is young, black, and listens to hip-hop.

Call me crazy, but I just don’t see what’s so tough about taking advantage of a guy who is mid-air defenseless and vulnerable --- and taking him out for a playoff series. Collins goofy looking azz knew exactly what he was doing by taking a deliberate cheap shot at Tim in mid flight driving his momentum back -- he was barely going for the ball. On top of that Collin’s and Martin were talking mad greasy.

Whats funny tho is everybody immediately started dumping on Tim, like he had no right to be upset. I remember when Barkley and Magic were ripping on him in the studio show. Funny, because if the same thing would have happened to a glamour player like that foul snitch Kobe Bryant, everyone would have had a hissy fit…It would have been Cry me a river RMX.

That’s the point. Instead of beating a team, just go ahead and take their best player out for the series (not saying Tim is our best player but that philosophy can be applied). I don’t see how one can say shut up and move on ---why the hell should he.

And MS I know you seem to be obsessed with Timmy Tom and all, but don’t let your bias cloud your judgment. Yeah, duke has been a disappointment throughout his career, but it doesn’t mean he deserves to damn near get his back broke.

I think you might pull a hamstring with all this overextending hatred on him.

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/15/2004  1:49 AM
TT needs to let his game do the talking, and become the player he was projected to be. Until or unless he does that, no one will take anything he says seriously.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/15/2004  4:43 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/242414p-207846c.html

TEMPERING TIM: Lenny Wilkens spoke to Tim Thomas about controlling his emotions when he faces the Nets. Thomas is still angry at Jason Collins for knocking him out of the playoffs last season.

"I'm sure he's not happy with the way last season ended," Wilkens said. "I told him he's got to rise above everything and look forward to this year. Prove yourself on the floor night in and night out and that's how you deal with it.

"It's okay being emotional. You just have to control it to where it's to your advantage and not somebody else." ... The Knicks have 18 players on their roster and Wilkens says he already has a good idea about which 12 players will make the active roster.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
10/15/2004  6:50 AM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by technomaster:

THANK GOD we have you here to show us the light!
dim wit...
I thought they are all valid points. I think TT is doing fine and there is nothing wrong with him saying "that was a cheap shot" everytime in a different way. Maybe if he says it enough, his team mates will remember and next time he is knocked down by a cheap shot, they will stick up for him.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 10/15/2004 06:53:39]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Panos
10/15/2004  10:55 AM
So after all that BS, what was TT's stat line last night?
rojasmas
Member: #639
10/16/2004  11:39 AM
Who cares what his stat line was. This is pre-season. Lighten up already. Wilkins is trying to figure out who will make the roster. TT is motivated and this is NY, so the papers alwauys have an angle and almost beg a guy for a quote. This is all much ado about nothing. GO Knicks! TT finally makes the all-star team!
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2004  11:12 PM
Its pathetic how we must keep "Hoping" that TT is motivated.

(in chris Rock voice):

Is't the foit-Teen million enough to montivate?
Is't the full time NBA job enough to motivate?

Why does this guy need motivation? Doen't the work "professional Athlete" ring a bell with this guy? Or is it just our perceptions of him? Or is he just, in his own words,

Gazy?
Panos
10/18/2004  12:39 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Its pathetic how we must keep "Hoping" that TT is motivated.

(in chris Rock voice):

Is't the foit-Teen million enough to montivate?
Is't the full time NBA job enough to motivate?

Why does this guy need motivation? Doen't the work "professional Athlete" ring a bell with this guy? Or is it just our perceptions of him? Or is he just, in his own words,

Gazy?

I'm wit you! Here's this guy who claims he's been "motivated"
by what happened last year, comes out against that same team
and does little more than foul them 5 times. I'm tired of
everybody giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't
deserve it.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/18/2004  12:49 PM
People need to lay off Tim. He's EXTREMELY important to this team. EXTREMELY. He's an athletic big (he happens to be our biggest player, in case you didn't notice) who can get out and run and finish. He's going to have a big year. He played great for us last year in the run to make the playoffs. Looking at pre-season box scores won't tell you much of anything. Half the players don't take these games seriously. Witness Tim Duncan against the Knicks or KG against the Pistons last night. Veterans go in and get their work in and let the rooks, young'uns or marginal players shine. I can't believe we have to go through this every pre-season.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/18/2004  12:55 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

People need to lay off Tim. He's EXTREMELY important to this team. EXTREMELY. He's an athletic big (he happens to be our biggest player, in case you didn't notice) who can get out and run and finish. He's going to have a big year. He played great for us last year in the run to make the playoffs. Looking at pre-season box scores won't tell you much of anything. Half the players don't take these games seriously. Witness Tim Duncan against the Knicks or KG against the Pistons last night. Veterans go in and get their work in and let the rooks, young'uns or marginal players shine. I can't believe we have to go through this every pre-season.

He has earned every bit of peoples' reactions to him. no one's saying they dont' WANT him to have a big year. He's just been such an underachieving jerk for so long that it's natural that people are going to be very fed up with him at this point.
Tim Thomas shut up already!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy