[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Mcdyess started C tonight for the Pistons
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/13/2004  8:54 PM
and has played darn well. just think about this for one second the pistons have rasheed wallace, ben wallace, antonio Mcdyess, Derrick Coleman--they cornered the market on all vet top tier 4s who can play 5. by the way carlos delfino is good. you can tell right away, he jammed right over raef lafrentz and i bet it is on sportscenter. he does remind you of ginobli but hes bigger
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
10/13/2004  8:56 PM
can you say repeat?? i sure can
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
10/13/2004  9:18 PM
A lot of people think he is going to get hurt again. I don't think so. He's is going to show everyone he still has a lot left in my opinion. He will be one of the NBA's premeire players this season...Just watch.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
10/13/2004  9:38 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

and has played darn well. just think about this for one second the pistons have rasheed wallace, ben wallace, antonio Mcdyess, Derrick Coleman--they cornered the market on all vet top tier 4s who can play 5. by the way carlos delfino is good. you can tell right away, he jammed right over raef lafrentz and i bet it is on sportscenter. he does remind you of ginobli but hes bigger
and elden campbell and darko in the wings. Now THAT'S a stacked frontcourt.
http://allknicks.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/13/2004  11:49 PM

We also talk about how nice a camp will be, Detroit gets sheed into camp, a front court that is killer.

If Dice returns to 3/4 his ability, Darko can log 10 good minutes, and Delfino is as good as the hype, this team will run thru the east.

If they can stay away from the injury bug that is.

Beware of the Darkoman, beware!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/14/2004  12:33 AM
Detroit is a very good situation for McDyess. In NY, he was looked at as a savior. In Detroit, he is merely being asked to be a role player.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/14/2004  10:04 AM
Detroit will be good again.

Still only 5 can play at one time so I still think the Knicks can play with them. I personally think out backcourt is better. The Knicks are just better on the perimeter than Detroit in my opinion.....Knicks front court is no slouch either so bring it Detroit!!!!!

Bring it!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
10/14/2004  11:54 AM
Not a chance....

Front Office: Edge Detriot
Although Dumars has been lucky with Wallace, and sheed fell into his lap.

Coach: Edge Detriot
Not even comparable, Lenny's days have been numbered, most loses of all time too.

PG: EVEN
Detroit has a more competant PG, as good as Marbury is he is not someone that is going to win you a championship

SG: Edge Even
Hamilton can score on anyone and never stops moving tiring out the opposing defender, although Crawford and a healthy Houston makes this a draw, healthy houston and we have a better guard rotation

SF: Edge Pistons
Prince does his jobs, defends extremely well and can stretch the defense

PF: Edge Pistons
Sheed is a great defender who can shoot the three, and is too athletic for anyone on the Knicks

C: Not even close Detriot

Bench: Even
Dice, Delfino, Coleman, Cambell Darko, although the knicks have depth the still lack anyone who can command a double off the bench and are not there just yet, if sweets and baker play well, this should swing the Knicks way

We are not going to be able to beat the Pistons, i am sorry they improved in the offseason and dice is playing great, if it last we have no chance

Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/14/2004  12:03 PM
Darko is already hurt,I think he pulled a hamstring.I remember reading that pre-season is when Brown likes to play the young guys to see where they will fit in the rotation during the regular season.He will get some minutes but he has another obstacle to overcome.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/14/2004  12:21 PM
Detroit has a more competant PG, as good as Marbury is he is not someone that is going to win you a championship

just curious...did you think Chauncey Billups was someone who was going to win you a championship 2 years ago?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
10/14/2004  12:26 PM
Its a good thing the games are not played on paper.

If you did the comparison with the Lakers and Pistons in the finals....hmmm.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/14/2004  12:30 PM
Comparing the Lakers and Pistons in the finals and you would've said PG, SF, PF, Bench, Coach, and Intangibles go to DET and SG and C go to LA.

I think it's fair to say the Pistons are a lot better than the Knicks right now, let's get serious. They're the NBA Champs who improved in the offseason. The Knicks have made strides but expecting them to be amazing this season is putting the expectations a little too high.
#Knickstaps
jazz74
Member: #371
10/14/2004  12:39 PM
Posted by MS:

so you are saying that hypothetically if marbury was starting on detroit instead of billups they would not win a championship because marbury is not a " championship" point guard?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/14/2004  12:42 PM
Hop on aboard everyone, the Detroit bandwagon is loading up and ready to leave!!!

yea, jump right on aboard and sip the piston kool aid... I will say this, when it comes to winning a championship a lot of things have to go right, the pistons did a lot of things good last year and had some breaks go their way, but lets not make this team out to be the olympic Dream team of the 90's either...

to say you can't win with marbury is a joke, I will take marbs over billups any day.. edge: knicks

SF: is close, prince had a good series but TT numbers are not that bad

SG: I like our SG's of Houston and craw... call me a homer, but I will take those two over Rip and whoever they have on their bench..

PF and center detroit has the edge... but again these games are not played on paper.. we will see..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
10/14/2004  1:05 PM
Andrew if you compared the Match-ups on paper last year, you would have thought that it should be a very even series with the lakers winning...

But if you look into the match-ups the Pistons were perfect for the Lakers. They had a point guard who is quick and really scoring the ball in the Playoffs and Gary Payton just played awful last year so the Pistons had a clear advantage.

Obviously Kobe is the best talent in the NBA, but Detriot had the advantage of their best scorer constantly running around, using screens to get open so much of Kobe's energy was going to be concentrated...

When you move over to the small foward devon george is just awful, he can't hit an open jump shot, rick fox is so slow defensively that they had no chance...Prince is an underated player because while his game seems limited he can still score.....and he is one of the better defenders in the league, who can focus on Kobe, giving Hamilton a jump shooter fresher legs

Rasheed is one of the better defenders at this position and in a complementary role he is at his best. Aside from one game against the Rockets Malone was very lackluster, and slowed by injury so the Pistons again have another advantage...

Where the Pistons matchup with the Lakers other teams just don't. Sure Yao is a great player but the pistons had so much depth to throw at O'Neal. Shaq can not be stopped but he can be slowed...Wallace is all defense first team, and doesn't allow second chance points...Then you bring Cambell of the bench that is very familiar with O'Neals game, and Corliss to throw fouls his way....

So if you really looked at match-ups Detriot has clear advantage at three positions and a much better bench. Unless you think Walton and Rush are real everyday game changers...But when two players have to do everything and one of those has to chase Hamilton around. You could have argued for a great series with the Lakers barely winning....

If your going to say its hindsight, fine, but if your familiar with the NBA you should have known the Lakers were in for a tough series and San Antonio was their real championship. The team was highly unmotivated coming in, and was not clicking

And on to Marbury...he makes dumb decisions and is not a mature ball player, who many times has whats best for steph at heart... The wanting to be the man complex never works. Had he stayed with the Wolves, the hiearchy of the west would have been a lot different, but he wanted to be the man, just like Kobe does now, and just like T-Mac did in Toronto...And it never really works...Smart players make smart decisions...and Steph thinks there is no one on the talent level with him, so he doesn't often learn...If it has to take Isiah Thomas, and Wilkens to teach him thats fine, but you need to be realistic....No one is jumping on the Pistons bandwagon, you just need to really look at the teams...If all of the ?'s are answer there is no question we can compete with anyone in the conference, but those are big ifs.

Detriot has team guys, who can defend, NY has me guys, Steph, Craw, TT
so if we can change the culture, we have a chance
jazz74
Member: #371
10/14/2004  2:45 PM
Posted by MS:

Andrew if you compared the Match-ups on paper last year, you would have thought that it should be a very even series with the lakers winning...

But if you look into the match-ups the Pistons were perfect for the Lakers. They had a point guard who is quick and really scoring the ball in the Playoffs and Gary Payton just played awful last year so the Pistons had a clear advantage.

Obviously Kobe is the best talent in the NBA, but Detriot had the advantage of their best scorer constantly running around, using screens to get open so much of Kobe's energy was going to be concentrated...

When you move over to the small foward devon george is just awful, he can't hit an open jump shot, rick fox is so slow defensively that they had no chance...Prince is an underated player because while his game seems limited he can still score.....and he is one of the better defenders in the league, who can focus on Kobe, giving Hamilton a jump shooter fresher legs

Rasheed is one of the better defenders at this position and in a complementary role he is at his best. Aside from one game against the Rockets Malone was very lackluster, and slowed by injury so the Pistons again have another advantage...

Where the Pistons matchup with the Lakers other teams just don't. Sure Yao is a great player but the pistons had so much depth to throw at O'Neal. Shaq can not be stopped but he can be slowed...Wallace is all defense first team, and doesn't allow second chance points...Then you bring Cambell of the bench that is very familiar with O'Neals game, and Corliss to throw fouls his way....

So if you really looked at match-ups Detriot has clear advantage at three positions and a much better bench. Unless you think Walton and Rush are real everyday game changers...But when two players have to do everything and one of those has to chase Hamilton around. You could have argued for a great series with the Lakers barely winning....

If your going to say its hindsight, fine, but if your familiar with the NBA you should have known the Lakers were in for a tough series and San Antonio was their real championship. The team was highly unmotivated coming in, and was not clicking

And on to Marbury...he makes dumb decisions and is not a mature ball player, who many times has whats best for steph at heart... The wanting to be the man complex never works. Had he stayed with the Wolves, the hiearchy of the west would have been a lot different, but he wanted to be the man, just like Kobe does now, and just like T-Mac did in Toronto...And it never really works...Smart players make smart decisions...and Steph thinks there is no one on the talent level with him, so he doesn't often learn...If it has to take Isiah Thomas, and Wilkens to teach him thats fine, but you need to be realistic....No one is jumping on the Pistons bandwagon, you just need to really look at the teams...If all of the ?'s are answer there is no question we can compete with anyone in the conference, but those are big ifs.

Detriot has team guys, who can defend, NY has me guys, Steph, Craw, TT
so if we can change the culture, we have a chance

you made some valid points. but to say on paper that you thought detroit would beat the lakers is probably bull. as i recall, detroit barely got out of the east against a pacers team with a hobbled jermaine o'neal and a lunatic in artest who self destructed during the series. meanwhile the lakers after finishing san antonio man- handled for the most part minnesota. t'wolves were one of the hottest teams last year. so i thought the lakers would destroy the pistons. i was wrong. sports can be funny sometimes. we do not know who will do well or who won't. if someone came on this forum and said two years ago after detroit traded stackhouse, their best player, that detroit will win the championship in two years i would ask them where they got their brew because it is too potent. i think our team is talented but i do not like our frontcourt. but we can still compete or we can be lottery. we just do not know until the games are played.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/14/2004  3:09 PM
The reason Detroit won was that they were a team that was better than the sum of its parts. Its parts are all all-stars or borderline all-stars but they proved the beauty of this game is that a five man TEAM can beat any two man tandem with three extras (even if those extras are former all-stars).

MS, I have to disagree though with your saying that Marbury isn't as suited as Chauncey B. to win a ring. Chauncey bounced around the league for years with many of the same labels Marbury is currently hung with - too selfish, shoots too much, bad D, bad attitude, me first. He found a great situation and was able to change that perception. If Marbury is able to change that perception as well, he'll be recognized as the most talented scoring point in the league. Is this team the perfect situation for Marbury? We'll see. A lot of people agree that this is his last chance to make his mark.
¿ △ ?
MS
10/14/2004  3:09 PM
but again you are playing a match-up game, Indiana was one of the deeper teams in the league last year and they played great defense.

Artest can take people out of the game with his defense, and they had JO to neutralize Rasheed. Jeff Foster is a very underated player because he isn't much on the offensive end, however he is a great defender.

The Pacers bring Al Harrington off the bench who is a monster and will average a 16 & 10 this season, and bender who is fast and athletic...The Lakers didn't have the length and athleticism of the Pacers...

I didn't say i thought that the Pistons would beat the Lakers i said on paper it looked like they could really threaten the lakers
OT: Mcdyess started C tonight for the Pistons

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy