Author Thread
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
10/17/2004  10:20 PM
Posted by Elite:

yooo i am real upset right now

you guys are ****in WACK for booin allan houston... how soon you forget.. thats yall prolly booed ewing too.. ****in disgusting, houston might not be a perfect player, but **** he contributed to this team, won a lot of games, and hit a lot of HUGE shots.... can we say GAME 5 MIAMI??? i dont think u were booing then

I have my issues wit allan, plenty of them.. but you'll never EVER catch me booing him.. thats gross.. save your boos for shandon

yep i agree and i also bet they werent booing when he dropped 32 on Indiana in game 6 of the conference finals in '99 and couldnt be stopped and he carried us to the finals...i bet no one was booing then
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/17/2004  11:04 PM
I had season tickets for 8+ years and went with my dad to games for nearly 20 before that. I NEVER once booed at ANY individual player ever. When I became disgusted with the organization as a whole, I gave up my tickets. I understand booing a team[thats a fans right] or even booing poor individual play[but i never did and I was 17 rows from Charles Smith getting bipped 3 times against the Bulls] and believe me--even the sht basketball you have seen the last few years was better than many of the 80s teams--and I date back to mid 70s. I am a critical fan-pessimistic for the last 4 years, but not obnoxious and thats what these people are--obnoxious fans. Who the hll would boo Allan Houston? The Knicks ORGANIZATION as a whole are the one's to blame for giving guys to much money. we have had some*bad guys* on this team who have happened to play very well. Allan is a class act on and off the court. What was moochie's crime? being traded here? how about andresen? was it his fault they offered a back up player 43 mm? I can respect booing the play--usually my words are WTF--or something to that effect but a little different than BOOOOO..... these guys opened the door for free to the fans to come in and people boo? Low class man.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/17/2004  11:16 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I had season tickets for 8+ years and went with my dad to games for nearly 20 before that. I NEVER once booed at ANY individual player ever. When I became disgusted with the organization as a whole, I gave up my tickets. I understand booing a team[thats a fans right] or even booing poor individual play[but i never did and I was 17 rows from Charles Smith getting bipped 3 times against the Bulls] and believe me--even the sht basketball you have seen the last few years was better than many of the 80s teams--and I date back to mid 70s. I am a critical fan-pessimistic for the last 4 years, but not obnoxious and thats what these people are--obnoxious fans. Who the hll would boo Allan Houston? The Knicks ORGANIZATION as a whole are the one's to blame for giving guys to much money. we have had some*bad guys* on this team who have happened to play very well. Allan is a class act on and off the court. What was moochie's crime? being traded here? how about andresen? was it his fault they offered a back up player 43 mm? I can respect booing the play--usually my words are WTF--or something to that effect but a little different than BOOOOO..... these guys opened the door for free to the fans to come in and people boo? Low class man.

I completely agree. Booing Allan is lame. We're supposed to be the smartest fans in the world and we boo Allan because he's overpaid and Jamal is good? Don't you booing fools think that maybe Allan will help us this year? Pathetic.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2004  12:27 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I agree, except that I would have proudly booed Scott Layden when he was the GM. I wouldn't boo any player that I thought was trying hard, though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 10/18/2004 00:28:19]
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
10/18/2004  12:36 AM
Well, to be honest, the Jamal Crawford of today is much better than the Allan Houston of today, which is why Isiah did the trade to Chicago for Crawford. I do not think Allan will ever be healthy again, but who knows? I think he will be a Penny Hardaway type of player....Good under the rim, and at jump shots. As for defense, nope, sorry.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/18/2004  12:55 AM
Booing Houston is pretty pathetic. The guy played hurt last year, he's carried us to playoff wins, hit big shots, AND probably most importantly been a role model to kids and fans who watch him by donating his time and money to various organizations.

Why were people booing him? At least Shandon and Moochie haven't contributed much or anything and are overpaid, but booing Houston is reminiscent of turning on Ewing. It's pretty sad.
#Knickstaps
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/18/2004  1:29 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Thank you.

[Edited by - elite on 10/18/2004 01:30:18]
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
10/18/2004  2:19 AM
Agree booing Allan is lame and that guy deserved better, but equating that to turning on Ewing . No way cos booing Ewing is heresy, doing the same to Allan is just bad taste.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/18/2004  2:22 AM
There have been times where I had to defend Ewing, LJ, Starks (who everyone seems to love but I was at the Garden a few times and he was being booed and heckled) and now Allan Houston. Someone said New York fans are the smartest in the world. Well by booing Allan, the ones who did, showed a low basketball IQ. Anyone would know that a shooter like that only comes once in a while in the NBA. Who cares that he's probably won't be the H20 of '99 but who in their right mind would be ignorant to the fact that he would be a HUGE plus for this Knick team as it is. We have a bunch of streaky shooters on this team right know who slash well. Craw, T.Thomas, K.Thomas, Steph and Penny will have plenty of games where they will be on an off streak. ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE would love to have a PURE shooter on their team at times like these. Every team goes through stretches like this during every game. H20 has been great for this team in the past. And now he poses an opportunity to put us in a good place with his shooting.

He's not a great defender but do you remember the season we set the record for keeping teams under 100 points in consecutive games? Guess who was our starting SG for every one of those games. H20 that's who! Some guys aren't good defenders but are good when it comes to team defense.

Let the man play and if you think he hurts the team go back and watch the first game of the 98'99 preseason where guys shamlessly booed the big guy....Pat Ewing. Shame on y'all!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/18/2004  4:59 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/18/sports/basketball/18knicks.html?oref=login

The New York Times
October 18, 2004
Knicks' Hobbled Houston Gets an Unfriendly Earful
By HOWARD BECK

The Knicks opened their practice and their hearts to the fans yesterday afternoon, and what they got in return - aside from roars for Trevor Ariza's spiffy dunks - was an aural assault on their captain.

Allan Houston was booed.

Given the odd acoustics in a half-empty Madison Square Garden, it was possible they were chanting, "Houuuuuston,'' but it seemed unlikely. It was more probable that fans still mystified by his $100 million contract and alarmed by his suspect knees were venting frustration.

Houston has not played since March and has given only vague answers about his health and his timeline for returning. The season starts in 16 days. Apparently, Knicks fans were not convinced that Houston would be ready.

"That's New York, man,'' Houston said. "I think if they understood what I've been through, what I'm going through, then it'd probably be a little different.''

Houston has not been the same since having surgery on his right knee in June 2003. He pushed his rehabilitation to make it back by opening night last season, a move he came to regret when he started experiencing problems with his left knee as well. He missed 32 games last season and was determined not to make the same mistake.

He said that the booing did not hurt him.

"I saw Patrick get booed for starting lineups one game when I first got here,'' he said, referring to Patrick Ewing, "and that's when I knew that it was just going to be a matter of time.''

Houston is still not forthcoming about his progress, even when the questions come from grammar-school students. At yesterday's open practice, some children were invited to ask questions of the players. One concerned youngster asked Houston how he was feeling. "I'm feeling good,'' Houston said, "and I'll be back soon. Don't worry about it.''

While Houston reconditions himself under a veil of secrecy, Jamal Crawford is threatening to take his starting job. Houston will not engage in that discussion, nor will Coach Lenny Wilkens or Isiah Thomas, the team's president. But the Knicks will have to make a decision soon enough; they open the season Nov. 3 in Minnesota.

"What's good about our situation is if Allan returns back and he's healthy, you've got three good players,'' Thomas said.

REBOUNDS

The Knicks, 2-0 in the preseason, leave this afternoon for a three-game trip to Salt Lake City, Dallas and Sioux Falls, S.D., where they will play the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2004  8:56 AM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

Well, to be honest, the Jamal Crawford of today is much better than the Allan Houston of today, which is why Isiah did the trade to Chicago for Crawford. I do not think Allan will ever be healthy again, but who knows? I think he will be a Penny Hardaway type of player....Good under the rim, and at jump shots. As for defense, nope, sorry.

LI, I am disaapointed in you. Craw has potential, but he is still a wild stallion. he still has much to learn. One game he shoots wild, next,he did great. You have no idea what H20 knee condition is or what is happening. This guy carried the team last year hurt and agg over 18pts and logged in big minutes.

This is not the kind of effort a fan with half a brain rejects.

Isiah is protecting his investment and Allan will earn his minutes, just like Craw. Marbs will play less. The end result is a trio of great guards able to attack big time.

Jumping on the band wagon is shameful!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/18/2004  9:30 AM
I care if he is not going to be the Houston of 99 because thats the one we thought we were getting. I care if my team is running its offense around him and his gimpy knees. I care as per on of the articles that said he is basically the poster boy of the New York Knicks of the last two years, "overpaid and under achieving."

It was a great time yesterday. I am not worried about majority of the knick fans anymore. Its only people on this board that over react to something like H2O getting booed and over rate a jump shooter.

Classless? Class matters when you are winning for 3 years and losing one year. Its the Isiah era now COMPETITION IS GOOD!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
10/18/2004  10:40 AM
Darn right competition is good! Having three solid guards instead of Ward and Eisley is fantastic.

I think everyone will agree that Crawford is better then Houston in his present state. But that doesnt make him a bad player.

Dont knock on him just because now we have someone better in the team.

And about the booing? put it this way, I know I'd rather have Houston then not have him, even with his monstrous contract. We're the Knicks, man! we dont care about money!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
BrilliantTruth
Member: #622
10/18/2004  10:44 AM
The people who booed are retards... plain and simple. It bettern ot be like this all year, or I'd be ashamed to be a Knick fan. How friggin fickle can you be?
Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/18/2004  10:45 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

I care if he is not going to be the Houston of 99
I don't think any players (with or without knee injuries) who were 28 yrs old in 1999 are going to be the same again in 2004 in their mid 30s. Aging is just a part of life.
BrilliantTruth
Member: #622
10/18/2004  10:45 AM
Class only matters when you are winning three years and losing one?

It's official... you're an effin IDIOT

[Edited by - BRILLIanttruth on 10/18/2004 10:47:35]
Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/18/2004  10:46 AM
"I care if my team is running its offense around him and his gimpy knees"

When did you hear Lenny Wilkens say this? Or Isiah? Or Steph? Or anyone for that matter? The team RUNNING IT'S OFFENSE AROUND HIM when he comes back? Where is that statement even rooted? Anywhere.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/18/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

I care if he is not going to be the Houston of 99 because thats the one we thought we were getting. I care if my team is running its offense around him and his gimpy knees. I care as per on of the articles that said he is basically the poster boy of the New York Knicks of the last two years, "overpaid and under achieving."

It was a great time yesterday. I am not worried about majority of the knick fans anymore. Its only people on this board that over react to something like H2O getting booed and over rate a jump shooter.

Classless? Class matters when you are winning for 3 years and losing one year. Its the Isiah era now COMPETITION IS GOOD!

This is insane, man. The Knicks are not making Allan the focal point of the offense. And to call Allan a jump shooter and imply that he's like Steve Kerr or something is ridiculous. You do remember him dropping 53 in Kobe's face in LA, right? That was 2003, not 1999. He also had 50 in another game that year. As well as 39 against Peja early last season. Allan will be EXTREMELY valuable to this team as a bonafide scorer who can shoot like no one else on the team.

Also, anyone who has been following the new Zone rules knows how valuable a shooter is in this new environment. The Pistons won a title on the strength of mid-range shooting. And anyone who watches basketball knows that a shooter is insanely important on a team of athletic slashers. To say Houston is useless is short-sighted and silly.

He was top ten in the NBA in scoring very recently. He's not a shooter, he knows how to score in this league. The Knicks have the potential to have the best back court in the NBA, the best THREE guard offense in the league. We don't need ignorant fans giving the captain of this team a hard time.
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/18/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by BrilliantTruth:

You are an EFFIN idiot! Whats ur deal? Dont like people talking against players you like?

When I said they ran the offense around him, I referred to the pre-Isiah years.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/18/2004  11:54 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by BrilliantTruth:

You are an EFFIN idiot! Whats ur deal? Dont like people talking against players you like?

When I said they ran the offense around him, I referred to the pre-Isiah years.

Oh I thought u meant now being that you mentioned his knee problems.
Knicks Open Practice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy