[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the pipeline, the youth, the future, is here?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/10/2004  12:27 PM
these are the players the knicks have acquired via the draft, trade, or free agency:

trevor ariza - 19
jamal crawford - 24
mike sweetney - 22

three players and three different positions. one is established and and is still getting better. one is becoming a beast and as most people predict, will become a MAJOR factor. and one is literally 1 year out of high school and plays above the rim.

three players that can be the starters at their positions for us for the next 7-10 years.

there really is only one more player that needs to get drafter/signed and that's an athletic center under the age of 24. once this is accomplished, we may be set for a long long time WHILE we continue to win now.

all within the last calendar year...unbelievable.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/10/2004  12:40 PM
I agree that these are great moves but I wouldn't project them out to the future quite yet. The NBA is too volatile these days and quite often the way to improvement is moving your prospects at the right time for the right return. A year ago we were psyched about Frank WIlliams, Marcej Lampe and Milos Vujanic and lauding the influx of youth and foundation for the future. Now they've all been turned into our next and better wave. I'm with you about Ariza, Sweetney and Crawford and I'm glad as hell we have them. But 7-10 years is an eternity these days in the NBA and we may be excited about who these 3 players turn into for us long long before 7 to 10 years ever arrive.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/10/2004  1:14 PM
Frank Williams was good...he had good heart and he seemed very cool and under control at all times. His body control on the drive and his defense were something to talk about but......Crawfords scoring ability and quickness is a serious upgrade cuz Crawford brings all the other stuff that we loved about Frank.

The only player that may have been a mistake in trading was Lampe....but only if he would have been able to play center one day. Mike Sweetney is the Knicks power fwd for the future so the only spot for him would be center.

Forget about Milos.....I think he is a really good player but the Knicks have Stephon so who cares. Knicks might even have Andre Barrett too.

The Knicks are ok......I'm quiet sure Isiah has plans to quietly phase out what financial rubbish the Knicks have. By the time Houston, and Shandon are long gone Isiah will be ready to pay some guys that can actually play......just like the Yankees.

I'm confident Isiah will do right by the fans as long as the players play to their potential.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
the pipeline, the youth, the future, is here?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy