Enough to make you slap your mama
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/9/2004  6:28 PM
Webber for Houston

maybe this post is enough to slap me

Geez when is this season gonna start? Why do they torture us?

I'm playing around with RealGM and I can't figure out how to get rid of KT, Shandon or Houston.....Dolan should bite the bullet on all three then he'd go bankrupt, lol......what can you do?

You can bury Shandon and you can bench Houston or hope he gets hurt so he is on the IL. With Vin, Sweets, JYD, and Nazr you'd hope KT would get phased out. It's just three guys that make no sense to the future of the franchise.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/9/2004  6:44 PM
No man don't give up on H2O. I predict he's gonna recover and be a huge help for us. The man can flat out play. People are taking advantage of his injury to dis him but really shouldn't be done (careful of your blood pressure here Silverfuel ). If Webber were healthy of course I'd say Webber for Houston but I believe Webber's in much worse shape than Houson. What the F is with this microfracture crap anyway? Can't we get a little modern medicine on the case here? Sheesh . . .
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2004  11:12 AM
THe problem is micro fracture is a moderm miracle, but takes way longer than anticipated. It seems you can get back, but you really need just a lot of time. When your paying 20 mil, time IS money!

Allan came back and one weakness begets another to compensate. Allan is playing it very cautious thats all. I agree, he will return to form, but on a much different team that does not need him to carry it.

Allan in a nice way was called out by Isiah by saying he has a reduced role. In fact, he will just by the nature of the team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/10/2004  2:07 PM
Posted by Nalod:

THe problem is micro fracture is a moderm miracle, but takes way longer than anticipated. It seems you can get back, but you really need just a lot of time. When your paying 20 mil, time IS money!

Allan came back and one weakness begets another to compensate. Allan is playing it very cautious thats all. I agree, he will return to form, but on a much different team that does not need him to carry it.

Allan in a nice way was called out by Isiah by saying he has a reduced role. In fact, he will just by the nature of the team.
Webber and Houston both had microfracture surgery. I don't expect either to be the same again.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/10/2004  4:17 PM
yeah, but Allan wasn't someone who ran the floor like a gazelle or lept like a...uh...gazelle like Webber did. Allan was the very definition of slow and steady. He's still overpaid, but he'll still be extremely useful and he'll help Steph.
¿ △ ?
PooPooPrince
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #719
10/11/2004  4:25 AM
Kurt Thomas and Allan Houston + a 1st rounder and cash considerations for Christie and Webber should get it done

The Knicks should only do this deal if Webber can still play 30 min a game. It's a no brainer then because Web when near healthy is a superstar elite. He is perhaps the best passing big man in the game.

If Webber wants to force a trade the Kings might just bite because the Knicks are the only suitors who can provide a little relief.

I think Web is under appreciated in Sac town.

You could put Web at C and he'd stil be effective.

and have a starting line up of Webb,SweetneyThomas,Crawford and Marbury

I also think Houston and Thomas would help Sac town as Peja would become the leader of their team
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/11/2004  8:56 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

Webber and Houston both had microfracture surgery. I don't expect either to be the same again.

Was it the same surgery? On the dominant leg?

Allan avged almost 19pts last year. That included a few 4 point low minute games. His knee was sore, so he compensated, and his back hurt, and his other knee hurt. so he shelved it and is taking it slow. THere is not pressing need for him, so why not.

I admit, I really don't know if its the same operation. Is all Mircro fracture generic? Same place, same procedure etc?

I don't know about webers conditions, but I doubt you can just lop them together as one unit.

My theory is that Dice seems to be up to his old self. He really needed more time to heal. That seems to be the way allan is going about it. The kings rushed Cweb back and he had no hops. He many not be ready just yet.

As far as tradi9ng, If the coaches are really hight on Sweets, for goodness sake must we trade every prospect? Why can't we just have him play here, rather than take on CWebs knee problems. Cweeb and Allan are different, and if anything, Allan is ahead of the curve.
Bonn1997
USA
10/11/2004  9:08 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

Was it the same surgery? On the dominant leg?

Allan avged almost 19pts last year. That included a few 4 point low minute games. His knee was sore, so he compensated, and his back hurt, and his other knee hurt. so he shelved it and is taking it slow. THere is not pressing need for him, so why not.

I admit, I really don't know if its the same operation. Is all Mircro fracture generic? Same place, same procedure etc?

I don't know about webers conditions, but I doubt you can just lop them together as one unit.

My theory is that Dice seems to be up to his old self. He really needed more time to heal. That seems to be the way allan is going about it. The kings rushed Cweb back and he had no hops. He many not be ready just yet.

As far as tradi9ng, If the coaches are really hight on Sweets, for goodness sake must we trade every prospect? Why can't we just have him play here, rather than take on CWebs knee problems. Cweeb and Allan are different, and if anything, Allan is ahead of the curve.
Maybe you can't lump all microfracture surgeries together, but no NBA player that's had it has ever come back to be the same player. BTW, Dice did have knee problems, but he didn't have microfracture surgery.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/11/2004  9:14 AM
This is getting to be pretty entertaining.
There were so many times over the offseason people had wanted to trade Kurt because they think his contract is too big, and so Sweetney can start and get more minutes. Now people want to trade for Webber.
Bonn1997
USA
10/11/2004  9:20 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

This is getting to be pretty entertaining.
There were so many times over the offseason people had wanted to trade Kurt because they think his contract is too big, and so Sweetney can start and get more minutes. Now people want to trade for Webber.
I might be able to understand people saying Kurt's contract is too *long*, but I can't understand them saying it's too big. His yearly salary and total contract amount are very reasonable. Ideally, he'd have 2 or maybe 3 years rather than 4, but he probably would have gotten more than 4 years, $26 mil on the market as an FA this summer.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/11/2004  3:00 PM
i coulda sworn we discussed these exact same trade proposals just a few days ago.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Enough to make you slap your mama

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy