more more training camp tidbits
Author Thread
mattinNH
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #695
10/9/2004  12:52 PM
http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/109730243493280.xml

"With Marbury out,
veteran Moochie Norris ran the first unit, with Jamal Crawford, Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed, before Andre Barrett, the rookie free agent from Seton Hall, came on to replace Norris. Barrett didn't look out of place at all, showing calm and quickness in pushing the ball up the floor and passing to the open man. At one point, after Barrett hit a pull-up jumper from the wing, Marbury yelled out, "That's what I'm talking about, 'Dre!"

When asked about Barrett's chances of playing in the league, Wilkens said, "(He's) gotta work (his) butt off, and then you hope there's a spot. Even if the spot isn't here, you hope that there's a spot somewhere."

A few players
looked good in the scrimmage -- Crawford made several behind-the-back and between-the-legs dribbles -- but none was more impressive than second-round pick Trevor Ariza, who had several nice plays, including a few dunks on the break.

"I don't know what teams were thinking when they passed up on that kid," Marbury said of Ariza, who played one season at UCLA and was picked 43rd overall by the Knicks. "I don't think teams look at basketball players anymore -- they look at athletes. That kid knows how to play the game. He doesn't make too many mistakes."

Houston was asked
to respond to GM Isiah Thomas' comments on Thursday, where Thomas intimated Houston will have a diminished role in the offense when he comes back.

"I'm just looking forward to being healthy and I'll cross that bridge when it gets here," Houston said.

"

Looks like more good words for ariza. Let's see if Lenny will give him some big minutes in preseason to see if he's for real.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/9/2004  1:11 PM
Getting more and more excited about Ariza.
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
10/9/2004  1:15 PM
im so excited bout the season.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/9/2004  5:36 PM
Ariza is a good player there is no doubt about it. You only neeed to see a player once to know if he can play or not.

Everything Marbury said is what I got out of Ariza on my first look. He has great instincts and he does stuff you can't teach. Dude is still only 19!!!

If the Knicks didn't have Houston, Shandon and Penny Ariza would be in the rotation easy. He doesn't seem like he is scared to play. I think the Knicks hit the jackpot on Ariza.

It makes you really upset that the Knicks have Houston and Shandon on the team for 3 years with contracts no one will take on. At least Penny is multi-talented and a good teammate.

[Edited by - enyspree on 10/09/2004 17:40:35]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/9/2004  6:49 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

It makes you really upset that the Knicks have Houston and Shandon on the team for 3 years with contracts no one will take on. At least Penny is multi-talented and a good teammate.

[Edited by - enyspree on 10/09/2004 17:40:35]

Please. You've got stars in your eyes about Penny. Houston has been 3X the player for the last 6 years.
more more training camp tidbits

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy