[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Today's HoopsWorld 1/16:
Author Thread
GucciKnick8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #17
USA
1/16/2002  5:19 PM
01/16- GM's THINK SPREE WILL GO- Several Eastern Conference GMs are telling media types that they believe the Knicks can and will trade Latrell Sprewell, sooner rather than later. There has been constant talk of sending Spree and Marcus Camby to the Portland Trailblazers, for Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi Wells. Not the best deal I have heard, but its a deal that continues to surface. The Knicks continue to say they are not exploring trades involving Spree, but his name continues to surface in all manner of deals. The Knicks are said to have tendered an offer for Golden States Marc Jackson, who was supposedly eligible for trade yesterday (actually, its the 19th, 90 days after he passed his physical with the team) and league sources say they expect a deal after that..
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/16/2002  6:32 PM
Once again, please keep Camby and trade anybody else to get Spree. Might even try to get a future draft pick from Portland, something like 2003 lottery portected or something along those lines.

For me the attraction of getting Rasheed is the combination with Camby. If we draft a good point during the upcoming draft we'd be set (sorta but the beginning would have been made).
VG
Member: #68
Australia
1/16/2002  7:17 PM
Damn if Portland is willing to accept a Spree and Camby trade for Sheed and Bonzi, what are we waiting for??? We'd get younger and some much-needed inside scoring. I'd hate to see Camby go and I agree that he would be terrific with Rasheed inside but the man is injury-prone and the article points out the fact we could also get Jackson in a seperate trade.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/16/2002  11:05 PM
This team is just awful. You wonder what is wrong with them, Bonzi and 'Sheed would crumble in NYC, and thats a horrible trade I think for the Knicks. They have a decent team, I think we need a PG. Either Van Exel or Stoudamire, but one who can score because its pathetic that we are able to score 10,000 points with their wings and ntohing else. They need lots of help
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/17/2002  4:12 AM
Problem with giving up Ca,mb y for Sheed is that we still have the same height problem. As a bonus we get a PF who has clearly stated he doesn't want to play center (although he might in the center poor east). We get a talented Wells in tha last year of his contract, which we'll probably resgn for alot of buck getting our cap in an even more ridiculous position.

So uhm, I'd rather say no to Wells. Portland should be able to do an other trade for him or maybe we should do a three way trade.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/17/2002  9:03 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Problem with giving up Ca,mb y for Sheed is that we still have the same height problem. As a bonus we get a PF who has clearly stated he doesn't want to play center (although he might in the center poor east). We get a talented Wells in tha last year of his contract, which we'll probably resgn for alot of buck getting our cap in an even more ridiculous position.

So uhm, I'd rather say no to Wells. Portland should be able to do an other trade for him or maybe we should do a three way trade.
Yeah, sheed and wells are free agents after this season. Maybe we get them and try to sign and trade them after this year for crappy expiring contracts (next year) and draft picks and some younger players? I say we try and trade some of our junk - ALLAN HOUSTON for Alonzo Mourning. That way we get out from Houston's long contract and get a frontcourt player that is diseased and STILL better than any of our post players.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/17/2002  9:17 AM
Indeed true, Rasheed can player opt out of his contract next season. He might even do that if he got to NY since we "pay" our stars so well..
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/17/2002  10:08 AM
I think we need to keep Marcus Camby no matter what at this point because he's been our one real, consistent bright spot. I would love to trade Sprewell and Thomas for Wallace or maybe Sprewell and Jackson for Van Exel and Lenard. I think both trades would be very fair. Also, i think if we steal Marc Jackson from GS we will be just as good off because we are adding a young starter to fill a void in our line-up. Hopefully we can get something like this done.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/17/2002  10:49 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

I think we need to keep Marcus Camby no matter what at this point because he's been our one real, consistent bright spot.

At one point I thought that Camby was a player that could not be traded because of his athleticism and the lack of quality big men in the league. Now I'm not so sure. I'm very unimpressed with his lack of improvement in his offensive game...with his back to the basket and with his spot up 10 footer. I'd go for the Bonzi-Sheed for Spree-Camby if we could guarnantee they would be in NY for more than 1 year. Bonzi gives the Khicks a more suitable small forward type weighing about 15-20 lbs more than Spree, and Sheed gives us a complementry player to Allan Houston.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Today's HoopsWorld 1/16:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy