ISIAH GIVES TEAM A NEW HEALTH PLAN
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
10/6/2004  12:50 PM
Posted by BrilliantTruth:

This is why I hate Kurt. The friggin guy thinks he's an All-Star... tries to make plays like an All-Star, and ruins **** with his stupidity. TCU was a long time ago, buttwipe. You're a wackass, poor version of Oakley... but he was GREAT because he knew his role. Go Get traded KT40.

He doesn't know his role--- especially when his coach says he's a center, then a PF, then a center, then back again, then tells him that he'll have to compete for his starting role.

He just wants his minutes. And for him to want a starting job means that 1) he has confidence in himself and 2) he prides himself in his ability to contribute to the team.

If Sweetney gets the starting job, our bench will be that much stronger w/ Kurt coming off it. As long as he gets his 30+mpg, he'll be a happy camper.

Sweetney dominating summer league competition was just the first step... now his next challenge is to dominate the incumbent in his position.

The fact that KT got some much PT last season is a testament to the fact that he's a pretty good player. He's not perfect, but he's clearly our most proven big man in recent years.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/6/2004  12:56 PM
but he's clearly our most proven big man in recent years.
recent dismal years. KT was an integral part of one of the worst frontcourts in recent years. Thanks KT for all your effort in our 30 win seasons
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/6/2004  1:10 PM
see you later Kurt....
The true Knickabocker..........
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/6/2004  1:20 PM
http://www.hss.edu/physicians/profiles/callahan-lisa

Lisa R. Callahan, MD

Lisa R. Callahan, MD, joined HSS Sports Medicine in 1994. She is a co-director of the Women's Sports Medicine Center, specializing in the care of active and athletic women.

Appointments

Assistant Professor of Medicine (Family), Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Medical Director, Women's Sports Medicine Program, Hospital for Special Surgery

Assistant Attending Physician, Hospital for Special Surgery

Specialty

Primary Care Sports Medicine

Subspecialty

Pain Medicine

Certification

Diplomat, American Board of Family Practice

Certificate of Added Qualification, Sports Medicine

State Licensure

New York

Education

MD, East Carolina University , Greenville, North Carolina, US

Residency

Stanford University School of Medicine, US

Fellowship

Stanford University School of Medicine, US

Clinical Interest

Care of active and athletic women

Affiliations

Team Physician, WUSA New York Power

Columnist and Editorial Board Member, Sports in Primary Care

Editorial Advisor, Journal of Women's Health

Advisory Board Member, Women's Health Advisor and Food and Fitness Advisor, Weill Medical College of Cornell University Center for Women's Healthcare

Specialized Centers

Women's Sports Medicine Center

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/6/2004  1:25 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Interest

Don't we all!
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
10/6/2004  1:30 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Interest

Don't we all!
Good one!!! check out the link she is kinda cute.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2004  2:04 PM
I think her role is more of a general consultant to over see the small stuff, and coordinate the surgery decisions.

Norm Scott is top notch. Adding her would help in being a liason between the docs and coaches to make sure nobody is rushed along to fast. Allens operation was a success. He never gave it enough time to heal, thats not his, the doc's or the coaches fault, its a lack of communcation. She will intervene.

Can you just imagine Gazy hitting on her? "yo yo doc, I got an Itch!"

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/6/2004  2:12 PM
Norman Scott is highly regarded in his field... but the Knick injuries that he's worked on have been quite debilitating for us.

I can't say if any of them are his fault (tho perhaps scoping Camby's knee when it was "relatively" healthy was a mistake--- blame that on Camby for incessantly complaining).

Basketball players just get sore knees and joints over time from wear and tear... that's just how it is.

---back to Kurt Thomas---
Kurt is no doubt an excellent backup---- however when you thrust him into the role of starter and don't have a capable backup, the team is bound to look bad. Starter material? Well... as recently as 2 years ago TSN was ready to name him a top-3 center...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/6/2004  2:55 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

However the main reason the Celtics played so well was Baker's start last year. Look at his game log. He had some monster games and the Celtics were winning. Vin was in great shape and ran out of gas. Maybe thats why he started drinking again... who knows? The point is he was effective for stretches last year, dominating for other stretches and he wasnt healthy. Now he is. He could be a great value off the bench.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?statsId=1279

wow, is anyone else checking out this link?

Vin had some really good games at the beginning of the year. If he is even close to being able to perform that way they Knicks will be on their way to a good season.

Even when he got minutes here, he produced. It looks like last year around the holidays he got depressed and fell off the wagon. Maybe the fans can buy him presents this year to keep him cheery and productive. I think 14pts / 9rbds given 28mpg is realistic.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
lrluis
Member: #306
10/6/2004  3:14 PM
Just think of Dr. Callahan as a Hospital Director. Dr. Scott is the Specialized Surgeon. She approves, he operates. In fact, as I read her CV, that's always been her role of late.

She might even curtail unnecessary operations. I heard that surgeons earn $85K for each arthroscopic knee surgery (my wife is a nurse). Me, I just work in IT-Finance...
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/6/2004  3:27 PM
oh man she's doll.

Dr. Lisa: Mike your here again?
fishmike: Ummm... yea, the jock itch just wont go away
Dr. Lisa: Ok, but this is the LAST time I'm rubbing the ointment on it
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
10/6/2004  3:29 PM
good anyone but Norm Scott
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2004  3:46 PM
Posted by fishmike:

oh man she's doll.

"cuz when I get that feeling, I need , sexual healing........"
Marvin Gaye

Yo mike, she got her e-mail listed. Go for it!

Think she married? Imagine this phone call: "Sorry I will be late tonite, I have to rub down Sweets Hamstring". " thanks honey, I knew you would understand, how is your mother?" OOW, I got to run, Gazy has an abrasion on his hip pointer and he needs to show it to me."
"no honey its not true about big men with big hands and feet. You are just fine honey, don't wait up!"

[Edited by - nalod on 10/06/2004 15:47:17]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/6/2004  3:48 PM
oh man, you guys are killing me.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Stevo718
Member: #559
10/6/2004  4:11 PM
I think its great we have someone now that knows what shes doing.

Remember when we got McDyss? Oh yeah he was fine they told us. So did our team doctor. Remember Rice? Yeah he's fine too. I think we were rather excessive on the number of team injuries we've had as a team the last few years. And I always thought that someone was doing a bad job.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/6/2004  5:46 PM
Posted by fishmike:

oh man she's doll.

There's an image I could have done without.
ISIAH GIVES TEAM A NEW HEALTH PLAN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy