[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alot of Unhappy Players In the NBA
Author Thread
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2004  4:42 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like there are alot of unhappy players in the NBA. More than usual. And alot of superstars.

V Carter, B Davis, G Payton, S Cassel, S Abdhur Rahim, McGrady before he got traded, Peja. Maybe Im paying more attention than usual because Im so excited by the Knicks, but it just seems to me there are far more disgruntled NBA'ers this year.

We've been talking about Shandon, but alot of these players are far more important to their teams and a far bigger distraction. Right? So although Shandon brings down the love party the Knicks should be having, he's not the worst case scenario. Imagine Stephon totally angry and asking for a trade.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
AUTOADVERT
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
10/5/2004  5:24 PM
that my friend.... i would cry
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/5/2004  6:04 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Is it just me or does it seem like there are alot of unhappy players in the NBA. More than usual. And alot of superstars.

V Carter, B Davis, G Payton, S Cassel, S Abdhur Rahim, McGrady before he got traded, Peja. Maybe Im paying more attention than usual because Im so excited by the Knicks, but it just seems to me there are far more disgruntled NBA'ers this year.

We've been talking about Shandon, but alot of these players are far more important to their teams and a far bigger distraction. Right? So although Shandon brings down the love party the Knicks should be having, he's not the worst case scenario. Imagine Stephon totally angry and asking for a trade.
Those are all bigger issues than the Shandon one and indeed very few teams can say that the biggest offcourt distraction they have is something as minor as someone like Shandon Anderson being unhappy
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2004  7:28 PM
These guys all maxed contract franchise players and don't want to be "the man" and shoulder the burden. Pitiful how short sited and self centered they are. Cry to get the big contract and not have the balls to carry the team.

Thats why they pay you the big bucks!

Im glad they might to to 4 year max deals soon. They only one with beef if Rahim as he is on a team for one year as a backup, but the others are just all soft. Mcgrady got a good deal to play with Yao, but the others can rot. If Steph pulls a Diva act he too can rot. He got what he always wanted now, so its time to put it up and get the job done!

Sam the alien is always whining about his contracts, and he is making back up money, but nobody put a gun to his head. Payton is more about playing on the east coast, Vince's mother is more vocal than him, and Baron is just being a little turd who got stuck with Max money in a lousy town and a really idiot owner.

His job in N.O. is to be the man, regardless of happiness or self actualization. He is a basketball player, he needs to play basketball and maybe read more books!

Peja is pissed Vlade is gone and Webber talks all big likes he is all world Mr. Clutch.

Spree is now asking for an extension before he piss's people off! That is one guy I would tell him see what happens during the season before I commit a dime. Or trade him!
s
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/6/2004  9:08 AM
He is fing 34 and he wants to be guaranteed to be in their long term plans?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-timberwolves-cassell&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cassell fails to report as camp opens; Wolves shrug it off

By ANDRES YBARRA, Associated Press Writer
October 5, 2004
COLLEGEVILLE, Minn. (AP) -- Sam Cassell was a no-show on the first day of training camp Tuesday, sending a message to the Minnesota Timberwolves that he was displeased about not getting a contract extension.

``He's not totally unhappy, he just feels it's time for him to look out for his interests,'' said Charles Tucker, Cassell's agent.

Tucker said he spoke to Cassell on Tuesday afternoon, and that his client was in Minneapolis. The agent said he hoped to meet with Cassell on Tuesday evening, but he didn't know when Cassell would report to camp. Cassell also missed the team's media day on Monday.

``Does he want to be there? Yes,'' Tucker said.

After the Wolves' evening practice, vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale said he also spoke with Cassell. McHale said he was hopeful that Cassell would report on Wednesday, but wouldn't guarantee it.

``Until they show up, I'm not banking on nothing,'' McHale said.

Cassell's contract calls for him to be paid $5.65 million this season and $6.1 million next season.

Tucker said Cassell, 34, wants to make sure that he's part of Minnesota's long-term plans.

Cassell had career bests in scoring (19.8 points per game) and shooting (48.8 percent) during the regular season and made his first All-Star team in his first season with Minnesota, his 10th in the league.

The trio of Cassell, league MVP Kevin Garnett and Latrell Sprewell led the Wolves out of the first round of the playoffs for the first time in team history. Minnesota lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference finals, a series that Cassell barely played in because of torn cartilage in his hip.

He had successful surgery in June to repair the cartilage.

Without Cassell, the Wolves are thin at point guard because backup Troy Hudson is still recovering from ankle surgery that kept him out most of last season and all of the playoffs.

But coach Flip Saunders said he wasn't worried.

``No distraction at all,'' Saunders said. ``The guys that aren't on the floor, I don't worry about. We'll just go as is.''

Garnett, who became close friends with Cassell and Sprewell last season, didn't seem overly concerned.

``We as players support him,'' Garnett said, adding that he stayed in contact with Cassell this offseason and knew about his contract concerns.

``If we were in the dark, I think guys would be a lot more (wary) of where he's at or what's going on,'' Garnett said. ``But again, the lines of communications are totally open between him and his teammates. We're just right here waiting on him to get here.''

McHale said Cassell should have been at camp at St. John's University, and he will be fined for each day he misses. ``Sam's under contract, we expect him to be here,'' he said.

When asked what he thought was the best way to resolve the situation, he said, ``You have to ask Sam that.''

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/6/2004  9:40 AM
NBA ballers that complain about contracts when they are still under contract is getting pathetic. If you sign a GUARANTEED contract you have to honor said contract. This is not the NFL where management can cut you no questions asked. I mean, they cry and moan.."I want to get paid!" then he gets paid and can't deliver...then he cries..."It's not all about the money, I wan't to win!"...Well which is it?

Say what you will about Karl Malone wanting to get a cheap ring by joining up with Shaq, he took a huge pay cut and played like a man.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/6/2004  9:44 AM
I tend to think Cassell is one of the more underpaid NBA players- but he is in a tough position at age 34 looking to get extended...
PENNS45
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #754
10/6/2004  11:38 PM
This past summer may set a bad trend. Two superstars, Shaq and McGrady, were unhappy, demanded a trade, and successfully got traded. Other players see this and will attempt the same thing. I'm still a basketball fan and I always will be. But I respect the superstars from the past who stayed loyal to their teams through all the ups and downs. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Ewing, Olajawon, D. Robinson, Malone, and Stockton stayed with their respective teams for all or most of their careers. These players showed up every October ready to try and lead their team to a title. Fortunately, a few of the current stars are also staying loyal to their teams. Duncan, Garnett, and Iverson should be commended for sticking with their current teams.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/6/2004  11:51 PM
Posted by PENNS45:

This past summer may set a bad trend. Two superstars, Shaq and McGrady, were unhappy, demanded a trade, and successfully got traded. Other players see this and will attempt the same thing. I'm still a basketball fan and I always will be. But I respect the superstars from the past who stayed loyal to their teams through all the ups and downs. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Ewing, Olajawon, D. Robinson, Malone, and Stockton stayed with their respective teams for all or most of their careers. These players showed up every October ready to try and lead their team to a title. Fortunately, a few of the current stars are also staying loyal to their teams. Duncan, Garnett, and Iverson should be commended for sticking with their current teams.
Actually, four superstars were traded this summer: Shaq, McGrady, Jamal Crawford, and Jerome Williams
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2004  8:49 AM

Ewing was rarely loyal to the knicks. The Knicks were loyal to him.
He always threatend to bolt unless he got his way. He Always got the money he wanted, and deserved. He was grumpy when not apprciated, and often made demands to win now. We could have done a little more with developing players than taking on the end of careers Kikki, Harper, Rolando, x-man, Cheeks, Rivers, charles smith, etc. Those guys cost us some youth. Don Nelson wanted Ewing to not be the center of the offense as much, and Ewing moved to get rid of him.

Who Knows what could have happend if we built with youth around Ewing than with vets. It might have been worse, but a selfish ewing was about Ewing, then the team. He was unwilling to take a support role in his decline and it was him that forced the trade. We messed it up too, so Im not laying it all on him, but checketts was always there with his checkbook and anything else Pat wanted.
Alot of Unhappy Players In the NBA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy