[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bitch Lawrence rips the Knicks.
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2004  8:02 PM
Lets be objective hear just a little. He wrote it harsh to sell papers.

His main point is Isiah has taken a lot of salary to work those miricles we speak of.

A payroll of over 100million and not have a franchise player is really not a very good thing. TT, crawford, Marbs, Vin are kinda misfits as they don't exactly come with glowing resume's with them.

Looking at from that perspective, he has a point.

We are very narrow minded if we don't consider these points. I have said it before, there is a scenario by which the team goes "thud" and really implodes. Add Isiahs arrogance and that out of sight payroll, the knicks will get grilled!

The new vin, an improved Sweets, a "head on straight" rebounding TT, and a team mentality Craw are all untested commodities. We may have Faith and Hope, but they are not tangable. Thus, Isiah is banking a whole lot on this. I think he took on like 48million more in his trades.

This is long past being about Layden, its about Isiah and his imprint is all over this team.

For those whom are suspect and feel a need to react to KoolAid gulping followers, I can understand the position.

AUTOADVERT
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
10/5/2004  8:14 PM
In my opinion, Lawrence could have shown more objectivity.
http://allknicks.com
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
10/5/2004  8:19 PM
What an ***h0le.

Crawford made that statement twice in a 30-second span at media day yesterday, so it's obvious that he missed the news that the Knicks won only 39 times last season, finishing four games under .500.

so adding a guy who can score 40 points in agame won't lead to a few wins?

Thomas has been on board less than 10 months, but the payroll is now more than Scott Layden's. Eight of the Knicks' top 12 players are Thomas imports, with more on the way if he can rid the roster of Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson, who are proving to be more of a pain for the team's No.1 basketball executive than they've ever been to opponents.

??? way to use players Layden brought in to make IT look bad?

Thomas' one play for a front-court player wasn't even that creative or good. Knicks fans will be eternally grateful that Chris Mullin didn't cave in to Thomas' strong-arm tactics and send them Erick Dampier, a classic underachiever who would have heard boos in the Garden by Christmas.

who out there was much better than dampier? if you want to say it was a failure not to get him, then don't run down his game

Besides the obvious problems up front, who's to say that Allan Houston returns to form off his knee troubles? Who's to say that Crawford can accept coming off the bench?

maybe my favorite. problem 1- houston will be injured all season. problem 2- crawford won't like playing off of the bench. um, you can only have one of these problems, not both.

what a tool.
Masterplan
Member: #362
10/5/2004  8:29 PM
sure, the team isn't incredible. but, IT still ahsn't even had a whole year to work. so, really, mitch lawrence is saying to isaiah, you have 9 months to replace patrick ewing or you're a failure. doesn't sound fair to me.

i remember the beginning of last season when shandon was our only sub for the 2 or the 3. we now have what i consider good depth. shandon is now a superfluous piece. we have at least decent backups at every position. we got younger and more athletic, something we as fans were pining for for years. great big men don't grow on trees. layden had years and didn't find one, even missed a few possiblities. we don't have a pure franchise player, but marbury is closer to that role than houston or van horn or dice. so give IT mroe than one offseason to fix all our problems.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/5/2004  11:42 PM
Classic Bitch Lawrence.

Why the hell would a Knicks Hater be a Knicks beat writer? lol
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/6/2004  9:33 AM
this is all so premature to me. Isiah has made the team younger, more skilled and more talented. There is a pipeline thats actually part of the core rotation, not on IR behind 5 vets at the same position.

I totally agree w/ Briggs that we need bigs and in fairness to Briggs two years ago he said (despite having Houston and Spree) that we should draft Amare and give Michael Redd the whole MLE.

What we do have is a fairly young team and a style of play. This group will win games. How successfull remains to be seen, but they will be ok. The point is you have to walk before you can crawl. Lets be good first, then we can worry about being great. I think we are good. There are very solid bigs that can be had without a high lottery pick. Sheed was had for (bad) pick and expiring deals. Brad Miller was had Scott Pollard and cheese. Ben Wallace was undrafted (granted he took 5 years to work out).

The point is there will be options. What we needed to accomplish quickly is build a respectable core of players that can win, and add some assets you can use to aquire a big man.

Right now I look at our core as Marbury, Crawford, TT and Mike Sweetney. I see guys like Penny and Nazr's expiring deals as trade chips this offseason. We will have a #1 this year, probably in the low 20s. If we keep it my guess is Isiah tries to add a big in like of Anderson V (the Brazillian kid), Peter Ramos, Lampe, Harrison, Al Jefferson... this type of project.

We need bigs... but when we started last year the youngest guy in the rotation was KVH, until Frank Williams beat out Eisley and Ward.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
10/6/2004  9:44 AM
Mitch the bitch is not being objective. All he is saying is for all the changes and HYPE, the payroll on this team is $104million dollars.

Isiah defends the point that the Yankees spend also!

Im defending the article, its not about how much better or worse the team is, its just about money and more like the Mets,not yanks.

From that standpoint, and that standpoint only, our payroll is a league joke. Even thought our team is better, even though it has a future, its payroll is still a joke.

ANd if it does not work, it will be a huge failure. Why? Because the payroll is epic! That was my read on the article.

All teams have detracters and opinions that differ from the typical fan. Fans are filled with hope and run on emotion. If you look at it objectively, our payroll is a joke. No buts about youth, Sweets, or Azira, its still a joke. It does not matter whose fault it is, it still exists for the franchise. It does not go away because a new GM is at the helm.

There are more positive things written about the team than critical blurbs. I am amazed how sensitive some of you can be to anything written that is not Kool Aid induced.

It all gets worked out on the court. I will warn you guys again, if the team fails, the press and fans for other teams will be very hard on the Knicks. I admire the team for sticking its head out and spending more to correct some problems, but it will take on a lot of bad stuff. Remember, if they suck, the ad rates drop with declined viewership, Merchindise sales drop, and attendence drops. It will cost the team a fortune!

Just a heads up guys, there is no hate there by the way. Just the reality that might exist.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/6/2004  1:36 PM
Mitch isn't ripping the team or Isiah (he doesn't like Wilkins, but then what reporter these days does?) as much as he's ripping Dolan, and he'll keep doing it until Dolan and his kin get out of the sports business. Heck, I wish they'd just get the hell out of business in general. Everything they touch turns to s$%&t!

I think the team SHOULD be better than last year, in terms of record, but only by a few games. The Knicks have a shot at the division title, but it's really up for grabs. IT is at least trying to make the team better, more exciting, unlike Inaction Jackson (Layden), and who knows, with that 3 seed, they could make it to the second round, which would definitely be an improvement and a money-maker, which would be enough to make Dolan happy.

Lawrence writes from what I think is the perspective of the typical NY sports fan: Unless the team is going to win a championship, why are you wasting my time?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/6/2004  2:26 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

Mitch isn't ripping the team or Isiah (he doesn't like Wilkins, but then what reporter these days does?) as much as he's ripping Dolan, and he'll keep doing it until Dolan and his kin get out of the sports business. Heck, I wish they'd just get the hell out of business in general. Everything they touch turns to s$%&t!

I think the team SHOULD be better than last year, in terms of record, but only by a few games. The Knicks have a shot at the division title, but it's really up for grabs. IT is at least trying to make the team better, more exciting, unlike Inaction Jackson (Layden), and who knows, with that 3 seed, they could make it to the second round, which would definitely be an improvement and a money-maker, which would be enough to make Dolan happy.

Lawrence writes from what I think is the perspective of the typical NY sports fan: Unless the team is going to win a championship, why are you wasting my time?

thats not realistic. imho, the team has improved quite nicely. NO we arent ready to win a championship--in fact this team wouldnt have beaten the team the Knicks had the first year Mcdyess was here if he stayed healthy[which was huge risk] but adding a 24 year old combo guard with jamal's skills and hopefully Trevor Ariza will mesh into something pretty good with what we already have to make a good team. the Bulls started their whole move by trading for wallace hamilton MLE to Billups acquiring rasheed--it took a couple of years but they did it. we need to address bigs next year and hopefully a successful next step is round 2. Hey maybe Kwame brown is out most of the year and makes a stink and we are able to sign and trade for him and draft a 6-10+ big to go along with him or sign Swift to an MLE etc........its not realistic to think we will win it all this year, im just looking for a solid year and winning round 1 and being competitive in 2. THEN we need to get busy and execute-somehow someway probably with some luck
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
10/6/2004  2:34 PM
Briggs,

You can me my GM if I ever buy an NBA team!
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/6/2004  3:09 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

thats not realistic.
[/quote]

Well, duh. I'm talking about NY sports fans, not rational thinkers!
Bitch Lawrence rips the Knicks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy