[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tom Thibodeau interviewed for the knicks coaching job per woj
Author Thread
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

7/9/2020  8:03 PM
Tom Thibodeau — the leading candidate for the New York Knicks coaching job — had his formal interview with the organization today, sources tell ESPN.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1281346909286924289
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/9/2020  8:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2020  8:33 PM
As expected. The only names Ive heard so far are former Knick coaches. Hoping to hear about Rose casting a wider net.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/9/2020  8:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2020  8:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:As expected. The only names Ive heard so far are former Knick coaches. Hoping to hear about Rose casting a wider net.

He interviewed Chris Fleming, assistant coach of the Bulls, who has zero ties to the Knicks but does have ties to Atkinson. Been doing some research on Fleming and he is very intriguing. Supposed to be a very innovative offensive minded coach....

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/new-bulls-assistant-coach-chris-fleming-took-road-less-traveled

GustavBahler

7/9/2020  8:52 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:As expected. The only names Ive heard so far are former Knick coaches. Hoping to hear about Rose casting a wider net.

He interviewed Chris Fleming, assistant coach of the Bulls, who has zero ties to the Knicks but does have ties to Atkinson. Been doing some research on Fleming and he is very intriguing. Supposed to be a very innovative offensive minded coach....

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/new-bulls-assistant-coach-chris-fleming-took-road-less-traveled

Six degrees of Kenny Atkinson. Glad to hear it. Interesting backstory. Maybe we'll see some college coaches interviewed. Some may be more inclined to make the jump now, some less.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/9/2020  8:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2020  9:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Six degrees of Kenny Atkinson. Glad to hear it. Interesting backstory. Maybe we'll see some college coaches interviewed. Some may be more inclined to make the jump now, some less.

I was thinking this as well...I would love for the Knicks to interview Jay Wright for the Job. He would be my Number 1 choice. But, I doubt the Knicks add anymore candidates.

Also, I just posted a link with video of Flemings offensive philosophy in the "Knicks extending their Coaching Search" thread...

GustavBahler

7/10/2020  2:30 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I was thinking this as well...I would love for the Knicks to interview Jay Wright for the Job. He would be my Number 1 choice. But, I doubt the Knicks add anymore candidates.

Also, I just posted a link with video of Flemings offensive philosophy in the "Knicks extending their Coaching Search" thread...

Jay Wright would be awesome. Would be great if the Knicks hired Wright, and took the same patient approach, the Celtics took with Brad Stevens. This would be the time to do it, if Rose is set on a new coach. A young coach, who can help get the franchise through the wilderness, so to speak. While giving Wright the time to learn on the job, would be a good move. Agree on that.

Will check out the link on Fleming.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/10/2020  8:48 AM

What so bad about that, they all had success in NY, it's not like their interview Don Chaney or I Thomas.

ES
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/10/2020  9:53 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I agree, though I am not a college BB fan enough to comment intelligently. I am immensely intrigued though that he has wins with lesser talent. He must be doing something right. Must have some sense of team, strategy, etc.

(5)(5)
Tom Thibodeau interviewed for the knicks coaching job per woj

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy