[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Webber is the King that Sacramento Wants to Trade
Author Thread
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2004  10:14 AM

"According to Peter Vescey (who is a complete BS'er) of the New York Post, Peja Stojakovic may still be traded away, most likely to either the Chicago Bulls or Indiana Pacers. They have both the resources and available talent to complete a deal with the Sacramento Kings.

Stojakovic's first choice would likely be the Miami Heat, but their roster is already very thin, and it is highly unlikely that they could entice the Kings to bite.

What is more likely is for the Kings to shop Chris Webber. Webber is plagued by that bad knee and has an albatross of a contract.

"Management is much more intent on trading Chris Webber but can't seem to drum up any interest."

In last year's baseball offseason the Boston Red Sox put Manny Ramirez on waivers and nobody claimed him, because of his excessive contract, and he is arguably the best right-handed hitter in the MLB, so on that paralell, the Kings who are essentially seeking somebody to take his contract and without a single morsel of interest, Webber will likely be a fixed commodity with the Kings. "

I don't doubt Sacramento would rather move Webber than Peja. I proposed a Chris Webber and Doug Christie for Allan Houston and Kurt Thomas trade. It works as far as the cap goes, and both teams take a chance, with the Knicks taking a slightly bigger chance.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
10/5/2004  10:15 AM
According to Peter Vescey

Thanks god !
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2004  10:30 AM
If CWebb is healthy in camp and playing well send them Shandon, KT and Moochie for CWebb and their #1.

(play the song) Mr. preposturious trade proposer...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/5/2004  10:37 AM
Posted by fishmike:

If CWebb is healthy in camp and playing well send them Shandon, KT and Moochie for CWebb and their #1.

(play the song) Mr. preposturious trade proposer...

i proposed the exact same trade a couple days ago on another site, but not w/SAC's #1 pick in the deal...that's pretty crazy to think SAC would do that imo...i think a Webber for Shandon, KT & Moochie deal is fair in itself, as it gives SAC good cap relief, & it gives NY a potential low post presence & a bigname player that Isiah always covets that can form a devastating pick & roll combo w/Stephon & JC if he's even close to healthy...i don't think this team will ever be under the salary cap anyway, so i would make this trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/5/2004  10:39 AM
In my opinion, Houston would be the only viable candidate for a trade with Sacramento for Webber. Sac would probably want KT in the deal to plug the PF spot, this means that we would have to pick up Doug Christie to make the deal work.

Houston/FT for Webber/Christie

Allan's contract is shorter than Webber which might be bad for us since we don't know how Webber will be health wise.
TMS
USA
10/5/2004  10:50 AM
wasn't Christie on the TOR team that Wilkens coached also?

C - Baker / Nazr
PF - Webber / Sweetney / JYD
SF - TT / Penny / Ariza
SG - Crawford / Christie
PG - Marbury / Bremer
IR - Moochie or Barrett / Bateer / Shandon?

or you could have Penny as the backup PG & have JYD back up TT at SF too, if you want to go w/a big 2nd unit instead.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/05/2004 11:42:37]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Canada
10/5/2004  10:54 AM
why taking webber when the first reason to ship kurt is to make some room for sweetney ?
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/5/2004  10:58 AM
Posted by TMS:

wasn't Christie on the TOR team that Wilkens coached also?

...and a Knick twice,would be weird if he came here for a third time not that I would mind.To be honest Id rather they kept Webber and just sent us Christie and his defense.
TMS
USA
10/5/2004  11:19 AM
Posted by raven:

why taking webber when the first reason to ship kurt is to make some room for sweetney ?

that's a valid point...i'm not saying i love this trade idea...just breaking it down to analyze it.

i think Isiah might like a deal like this though, because i don't feel he's all that enamored w/Allan Houston & would rather bolster the frontcourt w/a bigname player like that...& i think both he & Lenny love Doug Christie's style of play.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2004  11:25 AM
Christy sucks and I will loath the day he ever comes back. The only downside the a Webber deal is if he reinjures himself and is 70% for the next 4 years.

Lets see him healthy first. Personally I would just avoid this play the waiting game for a better situation to develop.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/5/2004  11:33 AM
Webber and Christie for Houston, Kurt, and Anderson is a fantastic deal. Webb, despite his bad knees is still the freaking man. He will come out and have a monster season, and all you will be asking why we didn't at least try this deal. That would give Sweetney a perfect teacher at that position. Can you imagine how good of a passing team we would be???? Webb is still a 20/5 player at his worst.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2004  11:39 AM
"Management is much more intent on trading Chris Webber but can't seem to drum up any interest."

where did vescey get that quote? from his freakin' ups delivery guy? his articles are too funny.

chris webber - no thanks. no more PF. sweetney is all we need. if he fails or shows no improvement this season, then we go after a PF next year, but not now.
toodarkmark
USA
10/5/2004  1:08 PM
Posted by raven:

Since the East is small (other than Shaq), why couldn't we play C Webb and M Sweetney together? If Sweetney can play, who says he needs to start right away, why not in two seasons? And just get major minutes now. I think if we have a chance to get a big man, even at 70% of a superstar, we need to go for it.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/5/2004  2:19 PM
The more I read your posts, is the more I am appreciating your intellect. You are a true Knickebocker.

Posted by toodarkmark:
Posted by raven:

Since the East is small (other than Shaq), why couldn't we play C Webb and M Sweetney together? If Sweetney can play, who says he needs to start right away, why not in two seasons? And just get major minutes now. I think if we have a chance to get a big man, even at 70% of a superstar, we need to go for it.
The true Knickabocker..........
MS
Member: #724
10/5/2004  3:38 PM
Seriously Vescey needs to work for CBSportsline, becuase never does he ever report the truth, its like a tabloid article talking about Aliens baking muffins.

No way sac does that deal, anderson, houston two of the worst contracts in the NBA, at his worst Webber averages 16pt 7rb 4ass, and they are going to make that deal, i don't care if Kurt gets a double double....

There are better deals out there...

toodarkmark
USA
10/5/2004  3:40 PM
Posted by diderotn:

The more I read your posts, is the more I am appreciating your intellect. You are a true Knickebocker.

Posted by toodarkmark:
Posted by raven:

Hey I'm not going to be a Philosophy Professor for nuthin'! But thanks Diderotn.
raven
Canada
10/6/2004  3:13 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:
Posted by raven:

cause he's not even a true PF anymore. All he does is jacking shots from 15fts. We don't need that with that risk and that contract.
toodarkmark
USA
10/6/2004  9:55 AM
I kind of like the dimension that he brings. He may jack alot of jump shots, but he still could be a low post monster. He was injured most of last year and people forget the player he can be. I just feel Webber and Christie would be better for the team than K Thomas and A Houston overall. But that's speculation.
raven
Canada
10/6/2004  10:38 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:

but he still could be a low post monster.

He *could* also one day make one shot in crunch time.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/6/2004  11:25 AM
If you guys think the Kings are trading Webber and anything for Houston and Kurt Thomas, you're insane. First, it doesn't save them any money as Houston is on the books for $57 million and is older and has just as many injury questions. Combined with Kurt's $35 million (trade-kicker), the Kings wouldn't save any money to get two guys who are only barely NBA starters at this point in their career.

I know this is mainly a joke, but I think some people are serious and that scares me. We will never ever ever ever ever ever get Chris Webber for a package like this. Maybe if we gave them Houston and Sweetney, MAYBE. You have to give something to get something, even if he is injured. If Webber is healthy, he's a top 10 player in the league and one of the few dominant bigs. Not only that, but he's the leader of that team and is loved by everyone but Peja. Trading Webber would be a PR nightmare.

Please guys, come on.
¿ △ ?
Webber is the King that Sacramento Wants to Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy