[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How The New York Knicks WASTED Nearly 40 Draft Picks since 2002--the sad truth
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/9/2020  2:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Until the knicks established a winning culture they need to build this team through Trades and FA..

OK, you've changed my mind entirely. You are right and I am wrong. The Knicks should primarily build through trades and free agency and use their draft picks as operational currency to meet that new methodology.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2020  9:18 AM
In those 18 years depicted by the OP the knicks in the NBA had worst winning % of any team.
We have different versions of failure and they all include Free agents, bad trades, wasting picks, and lack of development.

To simply say “a winning culture will solve everything” is a slap in the face to anyone who has taken time to research or even think. Beyond the obvious. Knicks have tried to hire winning culture. That don’t work. We have had vets, rookies, and not all were bad, but the timing and combinations were not right. Impatience, fear, and subsequent panic moves ensued.

Hindisight For fan is over rated because when you make a decision you have just that window of that moment to draft that player. Someone “LIkes Frank, Monk, DSjr and Mitchell”......and when three of the four don’t pan out be like “I knew Mitchell was the guy”. Don’t work that way.

PHil sucked but the moment he could have made it right and trade KP he was fired. Panic.
Panic got us Melo. Panic would have traded Steph curry in that window of time in that deal.

Over an over we messed up but its not relevant going forward. You deal with what’s on the plate. Leon has a job to do but the last 18 years are not repeatable.

How The New York Knicks WASTED Nearly 40 Draft Picks since 2002--the sad truth

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy