[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas challenges Kenyon Martin to a fight in a boxing ring
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/5/2004  10:39 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You must have forgot, Isiah welcomes this type of attitude. How do you think that he dealt with Rodman and Lambeir?

Sorry dude,but the bad boys I remember "talked the talk and walked the walk" all I have heard out of TT is talk and talk and talk.

Isiah didnt have to "deal" with his fellow bad boys because he was just like them.They thought the same way.They were the prototype for the Riley Knicks as Im sure you know.

Isiah doesnt want "fugazies" on his team.The jury is still out if Tim Thomas is one but so far it isnt looking good.I guess we will find out this season.
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/5/2004  10:45 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Wow I really think you guys are missing the point here. THis isn't pathetic at all and is a damn good thing. The knock on Tim Thomas is he had all the talent in the world but no motivation. Now he calls out one of the leagues top 10 PF's (the reason he calls out Martin is to rise to Martin's level, who wants to get to Collins?), he trains hard all summer, and wants to destroy NJ and show he's a force in the league? And you guys start sniffling about it?

And going to sports is like going to war. Sorry you don't like the reference CTFan, but conceptually sports and war are very similar. Pat Riley preached the Art of War to both the Lakers and Knicks during their successful runs, so stop being so sensitive.

Good post. You know what's funny. There are alot of sensitive people on this thread claiming they are from New York. Maybe yall are Fugazy too (I didn't mention any names so noone should take this personally)
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
10/5/2004  10:48 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Wow I really think you guys are missing the point here. THis isn't pathetic at all and is a damn good thing. The knock on Tim Thomas is he had all the talent in the world but no motivation. Now he calls out one of the leagues top 10 PF's (the reason he calls out Martin is to rise to Martin's level, who wants to get to Collins?), he trains hard all summer, and wants to destroy NJ and show he's a force in the league? And you guys start sniffling about it?

And going to sports is like going to war. Sorry you don't like the reference CTFan, but conceptually sports and war are very similar. Pat Riley preached the Art of War to both the Lakers and Knicks during their successful runs, so stop being so sensitive.

I know war references are a part of sports that aren't going away, so I'll drop that point. I was mostly just mad that TT continues to talk about this instead of takling about beating KMart and/or Collins where it counts: on a basketball court. As BRIGGS said, we need TT to be a big part of our offense, or we need him to be gone. I could care less about his fighting skills. TT will have a valuable expiring contract next year and is one of the team's more marketable assets. If he doesn't distinguish himself this year, he will most likely be gone.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/5/2004  10:53 AM
I dont' remember the Bad Boys talking at all. They would just come in beat the crap out of you. Mahorn and Laimbeer did their talking on the court they were just plain nasty. IT and Rodman were the only talkers in that team and they said stoopid things, not intimidating things. Remember the Bird remark about his whiteness.

Tough guys don't usually talk. They just come over to you and biatch slaped you. Oak, Mason...they were the quitessential tough guys.

The only tough guy I know that liked to talk and walked the walk was X-Man. The dude was cool. I still remember him giving Laimbeer a hello hit after Laimbeer hit Ewing. How about him calling out the whole Bulls team and said lock him up in the locker room with the whole Bulls team. How about the job he did on Pippen. Classic.
Kwazimodal
10/5/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I dont' remember the Bad Boys talking at all. They would just come in beat the crap out of you. .

Most of them did talk to some degree off the court,to the media but when it was game time they were all business.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/5/2004  11:26 AM
What most have forgotten is that Detroit prior to the addition of Dumars used to do alot of talking too. Once Dumars came in the league, Isiah assumed a different philosophy. That is exactly what our Knicks are doing right now. Let's not forget that TT only played less than 30 games as a Knick. Let's see how he does this season, forget about his previous 7 years, judge him for this full season.

Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by NYKBocker:

I dont' remember the Bad Boys talking at all. They would just come in beat the crap out of you. .

Most of them did talk to some degree off the court,to the media but when it was game time they were all business.
The true Knickabocker..........
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/5/2004  11:33 AM
Glad to see that Tim has matured over the offseason. The guy is an absolute joke. His attitude just makes the VH deal even worse.

Well this training camp is off to an auspicious start. Isiah hates Shandon. Shandon hates Isiah. Timmy is still a baby. Isiah still wants to trade Kurt even though the extension he gave him makes that extremely difficult. This is going to be a fun season.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
diderotn
USA
10/5/2004  11:37 AM
A little drama is good for N.Y. LA thrives from drama, why not the big apple? I am all for it. That keeps the lights and cameras on us. When you have a GM like Isiah or Magic or MJ, dramas are nothing but good publicities.
Kwazimodal
10/5/2004  11:49 AM
Posted by diderotn:

What most have forgotten is that Detroit prior to the addition of Dumars used to do alot of talking too. Once Dumars came in the league, Isiah assumed a different philosophy. That is exactly what our Knicks are doing right now. Let's not forget that TT only played less than 30 games as a Knick. Let's see how he does this season, forget about his previous 7 years, judge him for this full season. [

If you are saying when Dumars came in as a rookie that Isiah's game changed and he stopped talking trash then Ill have to disagree with you.

I agree that we should judge what TT does as a Knick but so far all he is doing is talking a good fight.

[Edited by - kwazimodal on 10/05/2004 11:52:33]
diderotn
USA
10/5/2004  12:09 PM
Let him talk, then we can all make him accountable for his mouth. There is nothing wrong with that. As for Isiah, he didn't stop talking trash upon Dumars arrival, he became a better leader, and a lot more aggressive. Look for Marburry to be the same exact way with the arrival of Crawf.

Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by diderotn:

What most have forgotten is that Detroit prior to the addition of Dumars used to do alot of talking too. Once Dumars came in the league, Isiah assumed a different philosophy. That is exactly what our Knicks are doing right now. Let's not forget that TT only played less than 30 games as a Knick. Let's see how he does this season, forget about his previous 7 years, judge him for this full season. [

If you are saying when Dumars came in as a rookie that Isiah's game changed and he stopped talking trash then Ill have to disagree with you.

I agree that we should judge what TT does as a Knick but so far all he is doing is talking a good fight.

Kwazimodal
10/5/2004  12:30 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Let him talk, then we can all make him accountable for his mouth. There is nothing wrong with that. As for Isiah, he didn't stop talking trash upon Dumars arrival, he became a better leader, and a lot more aggressive. Look for Marburry to be the same exact way with the arrival of Crawf.

Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by diderotn:

I seriously doubt that a guy who was already one of the best PGs in the league and already an agressive player would be so influenced by a rookie to the extent you claim,especially someone who was his polar oppossite personality wise.if anything it was the other way around.If you noticed any gradual change in him it was IMO from his natural development as a player and not from some rook as good as he was.

As for TT,yeas he will be accountable if he doesnt back up his talk but it would be nice that he kept his mouth shut until he does,he has done enough talking for several players.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
10/5/2004  12:43 PM
I can't believe people are reacting to this. I have no problem with TT saying whatever he wants to say about whoever he wants to talk about as long as he performs well. I thought he played well for us last year and I think he'll improve this year. And if he doesn't play well, it's not gonna have anything to do with this anyway. This is a side story. It's meant to sell papers to the silly folk who buy into it - everyone who gets wrapped up in the drama because they need a little soap opera with their basketball.

Maybe Kenyon really is a fake gangsta and maybe TT just felt like blowing his spot up. Who cares? I don't. Why get all sensitive over this? This isn't the first public spat TT has had with another player. Kobe is telling people Shaq pays b!tches for sex. John Starks had a lot to say about Reggie Miller back in the day. McDyess talked sh!t about Camby getting injured a few years back. Remember that? This is basketball, these guys are players - not diplomats. They are going to act the fool sometimes.

How exactly do these quotes hurt our team?
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/5/2004  12:48 PM
they don't hurt our team, but they don't help our team either...they just make TT look foolish...like was said earlier, let your play do the talking...leave the talking to the FUGAZIES!

[Edited by - TMS on 10/05/2004 12:49:25]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/5/2004  12:59 PM
On a side note. Kenyon is a fugazee. I read somewhere that Kenyon sucker punched Nene during a scrimmage. What a maroon.
diderotn
USA
10/5/2004  1:05 PM
I agree. This is N.Y. the more dramas the mellieur. Don't forget that drama sells tickets.

Denver Vs N.Y. in the finals.....
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/5/2004  1:05 PM
If TT can perform the way Briggs wants him to, then he can say anything he wants to the tabloids, for all I care.

Like I said, though, I'm not sure if he did the boxing b/c he really wants to be a good fighter, or if he's doing it to improve his basketball. But if he's doing it to improve reason A, and reason B just so happens to improve as well, then I'll be first in line for tickets for Thomas vs Martin. But if Thomas is just a 15 and 5 player, then he's just a fugazy.

Like fishmike said though, I think the tabloids are pushing this to be a lot bigger than it is. I'm sure the first question asked to him was "So Timmy, when are you going to beat the crap out of Martin?"
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
10/5/2004  1:07 PM
Sorry dude,but the bad boys I remember "talked the talk and walked the walk" all I have heard out of TT is talk and talk and talk.

LOL!!!!

I agree completely. He needs to start living up to his promise, before he starts opening his mouth. KMart may be a fugazy, but I could care less. TT has accomplished absolutely nothing in his career so far. Until he does, he needs to close his damn mouth.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2004  1:13 PM
Posted by diderotn:

When you are a 6'10" SF in this league, it is a huge advantage. Check this out: Artest 6'7", Jefferson 6'7", Lebron 6'8", Vince 6'6", Pierce 6'7". Tell me that 6'10" with excellent ball handling, complete all around game is not an advantage????? IMO he is as talented as the guys that I have just names, but not as consistent.
[
TooDarkMark, thanks. I dont think TT has an overall advantage on the 4 players you mentioned, but he can play with any of them if he has the desire you mentioned. It's been his one knock in his time in the NBA, because the talent is there. When he played against KVH that one game, he scored like 31 points and almost beat the Bucks that day by himself. He doesn't have to score 31 every night, but that desire could mean more rebounds, blocks, steals, and dunks and that would be exactly what we need.

No I agree he has an advantage with height. But I've always felt height is over rated. Carter and Pierce play alot of SG, Artest is one of the top 10 players in the league at any height, and James is the next Magic Johson. I mean Dale Ellis was like 6'9" and Michael Jordan was 6'6". Give me Jordan anyday.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
toodarkmark
USA
10/5/2004  1:16 PM
Posted by CTKnicksfan:
Posted by toodarkmark:

I know war references are a part of sports that aren't going away, so I'll drop that point. I was mostly just mad that TT continues to talk about this instead of takling about beating KMart and/or Collins where it counts: on a basketball court. As BRIGGS said, we need TT to be a big part of our offense, or we need him to be gone. I could care less about his fighting skills. TT will have a valuable expiring contract next year and is one of the team's more marketable assets. If he doesn't distinguish himself this year, he will most likely be gone.

I guess I come from a different environment and see it differently. When I play on the courts in Brooklyn or Manhatten, you have to be strong and ready to fight. The weak players always dwindle under pressure. I like to see players play the way I love. Charles Oakley, John Starks, A Mason. To me these were NY Players. And I think Tim Thomas starting out angry, talking tough, trying to intimidate off the court, and taking things seriously and with passion excites me greatly.

toodarkmark
USA
10/5/2004  1:19 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I dont' remember the Bad Boys talking at all. They would just come in beat the crap out of you. Mahorn and Laimbeer did their talking on the court they were just plain nasty. IT and Rodman were the only talkers in that team and they said stoopid things, not intimidating things. Remember the Bird remark about his whiteness.

Tough guys don't usually talk. They just come over to you and biatch slaped you. Oak, Mason...they were the quitessential tough guys.

The only tough guy I know that liked to talk and walked the walk was X-Man. The dude was cool. I still remember him giving Laimbeer a hello hit after Laimbeer hit Ewing. How about him calling out the whole Bulls team and said lock him up in the locker room with the whole Bulls team. How about the job he did on Pippen. Classic.

Nothing any team does, or any player does, EVER, will be as good as Knicks - Bulls in 92. That to me is the epitomy of a playoff series, except of course the Knicks lost.

I remember Oakley and Mason talking ALOT. I remember Mason talking alot about JR Reid one year. Oakley was quiter though.
Tim Thomas challenges Kenyon Martin to a fight in a boxing ring

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy