[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan's "non" statement email on George Floyd
Author Thread
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

6/3/2020  5:43 PM
Every other NY team made a statement. Jets Giants Yankees Mets Nets. This is a bad look.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

6/3/2020  9:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2020  9:24 PM
We've discussed the non-statement. But the follow-up statement to the non-statement even misses the mark. He says racism and injustice but never refers to racist cops or police brutality or inequality in the way people are policed. Just some weak sauce.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the NBA kept the Knicks out of the restart for this.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/3/2020  9:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2020  9:56 PM
Sambakick wrote:We've discussed the non-statement. But the follow-up statement to the non-statement even misses the mark. He says racism and injustice but never refers to racist cops or police brutality or inequality in the way people are policed. Just some weak sauce.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the NBA kept the Knicks out of the restart for this.

Even Republican Vince McMahon, a friend of Trump, was capable of cobbling a statement condemning the violence directed at Floyd. Yes, Vince McMahon! The statement even mentioned the victim by name. Nothing overtly political. Just a statement calling out an obvious wrong. Simple! Sports franchises aren't run of the mill corporations. They are institution directly tied into the cultural fabric of their communities. There's a higher standard. Does Dolan word matter that much? No. But him ignoring the situation adds to the problem. These abuses have continued because people have refused to acknowledge them. To just shuffle off helps perpetuate things. No it's not on James. I don't expect him to go protesting with Mark Cuban. Yes, we have to do this ourselves. But the situation continues to worsen, even after we elected a black president. We need everyones help in addressing this situation and the first step is acknowledging a problem exists in the first place.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

6/4/2020  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2020  11:19 AM
Papabear Says

I always gave Dolan the benefit of the doubt when it came to fans wanted him out and to sell the team. IF DOLAN CAN'T ADMIT THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE FLOYD WAS A HORRIBLE THING. He is making an excuse and hiding who he really is. I will try to be a fan of the players by after this I see Dolan in a different light. LOOK DOLAN 90% of your team is black and 90% of your employees want you to say something. you aught to be ashamed of your self of what you said and you shamed your players. How will they look going out to play in other cities and teams stood up for injustices and the president owner of the Knicks stood with his friend Donald Trump. No wonder why no stars want to come here.

Papabear
Dolan's "non" statement email on George Floyd

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy