[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan's "non" statement email on George Floyd
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/1/2020  10:38 PM
This should've been simple a statement supporting civil rights and the right of all Americans to live free and peacefully... Instead, we get this. This is New York. It's laughable that this team can't hire competent PR people. Kelly Ann Conway could do a better job than this. Heck, what is Sean Spicer up to? I don't think Dolan is racist, but I'm pretty sure he's clueless.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG

6/1/2020  10:48 PM
Part of the Celtics statement. Quick and easy while remaining thoughtful. Why can't we do this.

"Like many others across the country, the heartbreaking and senseless deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, along with other recent events, have left the entire Celtics organization struggling with grief and anger. During a time in which the phrase 'new normal' has often been used as our nation has struggled with the devastation of a pandemic, we imagine and hope for a 'new normal' where every citizen is afforded the same rights, has the same opportunities, receives the same treatment, and can peacefully enjoy every freedom promised to all of us."
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/1/2020  10:52 PM
Doesnt want to look soft on choking I guess. To just one person, it seems.
BigDaddyG

6/1/2020  11:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Doesnt want to look soft on choking I guess. To just one person, it seems.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/2/2020  12:40 AM
Police brutality is thousands of years old. Give someone authority and a weapon and at some point there will be those who abuse the power

Pretty simple—reduce the power of police. Take away deadly force weapons. Change rules of engagement. Go read some police sites— they sound like predators waiting for prey. People want change — then take the fckung gun out of the police officers hand and make sure his body cam is on 24/7. Create stringent laws for abuse of power. Time has come to make a change.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

6/2/2020  1:19 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Police brutality is thousands of years old. Give someone authority and a weapon and at some point there will be those who abuse the power

Pretty simple—reduce the power of police. Take away deadly force weapons. Change rules of engagement. Go read some police sites— they sound like predators waiting for prey. People want change — then take the fckung gun out of the police officers hand and make sure his body cam is on 24/7. Create stringent laws for abuse of power. Time has come to make a change.

We could start by reassigning or firing cops who already have thousands of dollars worth of suits against them. I realize policing is a dangerous job. But you have guys who have proven to be unqualified continue to patrol. Add this along with the continued militarization of our police force and you come to where we're at now. I won't even go into the reports of the shady characters and groups who have infiltrated our policing agencies or the cognizant dissonance shown to officers who show obvious signs of mental distress. Anyway, none of this is on Dolan. He's just the terrible owner of the team I used to love. What is on Dolan is his inability to get out of his own way. He'll write rambling letters to fans, accusing of them of being alcoholics, but can't be bothered to write cursory letter in support of a group that is seemingly being marginalized out of existence. He is a PR nightmare. Now there are reports of our own players going WT!?! How could one of the biggest franchises in the media capital of the world have such a nickel and dime approach to marketing and PR. I admit, the Floyd situation is a sensitive one for me and it's hard for me to think rationally. I'm also at a loss for words the amount of bungling that goes on with this organization. And it's never going to stop because he's never going to sell.
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

6/2/2020  7:26 AM
Star Players will never come here. This guy just aliented the entire nba
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/2/2020  7:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Police brutality is thousands of years old. Give someone authority and a weapon and at some point there will be those who abuse the power

While I agree with your sentiment, You can't remove gun from the police hands without taking from the people. US is flooded with guns they couldn't keep the streets from being overrun with criminals

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/2/2020  8:16 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

While I agree with your sentiment, You can't remove gun from the police hands without taking from the people. US is flooded with guns they couldn't keep the streets from being overrun with criminals

no - I think you could. I don't think you take guns away from every cop, but there is no need for the vast majority of cops to carry guns during patrol.

This is also about how they are trained, and the rules of engagement.

When cops confront some crazy person with a knife, no reason for that person to be gunned down when surrounded by 5 or 6 police officers.

Cops have been trained since the mid 80s, if I recall, that they don't let someone within a certain number of feet before shooting.

Cops have bullet proof vests, retire with outrageous benefits at age 50. The least they can be asked to do is take a bullet before unloading their clips.

If that is too scary for them, then they are not cut out for the work.

And, we have to stop the over-valorization of police.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/2/2020  9:34 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Each force could have designated gun holders and then the others can have back up weapons not on their person/- day at the headquarters or tied down in the squad car. But 800 k police officers don’t need guns. In most cases they should not be able to put their hands on you unless truly necessary abd covered by video cam
We can make change

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/2/2020  10:25 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Each force could have designated gun holders and then the others can have back up weapons not on their person/- day at the headquarters or tied down in the squad car. But 800 k police officers don’t need guns. In most cases they should not be able to put their hands on you unless truly necessary abd covered by video cam
We can make change

Better training..

There are so many loop holes in the system that it is incredibly hard to get a conviction against law enforcement.

I would never say take guns out of law enforcement hands because there are some mentally sick fckng people out here with guns.

It only takes a few bad cops to make the entire countries police force look bad.

Just like it only take 1 or 2 people to throw a brick through a store window and then watch 100's follow them in, now there all guilty.

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/2/2020  10:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

We can make change

Better training..

There are so many loop holes in the system that it is incredibly hard to get a conviction against law enforcement.

I would never say take guns out of law enforcement hands because there are some mentally sick fckng people out here with guns.

It only takes a few bad cops to make the entire countries police force look bad.

Just like it only take 1 or 2 people to throw a brick through a store window and then watch 100's follow them in, now there all guilty.

I don’t even think it is a matter of better training. I think it’s a matter of who is being allowed into the police force. I don’t know what the psychological testing is now but it needs to be different and better or more rigorous. Anything that will show signs of racism. Maybe they need to be more frequent as well. If they upgrade the testing, then current police men and women show take them as well as the trainees. You want power? You should constantly prove to be worthy of it. Maybe the same should go for our president as well. That stunt he pulled last night was sickening.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
houston20
Member: #8797

6/2/2020  11:03 AM
Lets be real here on dolan non statement about george floyd is lot of knicks players aren't in nyc scatter around the country and lot them aren't protesting george floyd death the only player saw this past weekend protesting is dsj in fayettiville nc protesting on this past saturday may 30 2020. Should dolan have said something about george floyd death yes he should have but lot of other owners haven't said anything either i haven't seen statements from the cavs, rockets,clippers,jazz,suns,thunder,lakers,wizards, bucks, raptors,pistons, hawks,magic, or nuggets. The only teams that have made statements about george floyd death is hornets,spurs,mavs, pelicans, warriors, kings,celtics,nets, and wolves. I would say this if every nba team owner made statements about george floyd and knicks didn't make a statement then its really bad look .
GustavBahler

6/2/2020  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2020  11:24 AM
houston20 wrote:Lets be real here on dolan non statement about george floyd is lot of knicks players aren't in nyc scatter around the country and lot them aren't protesting george floyd death the only player saw this past weekend protesting is dsj in fayettiville nc protesting on this past saturday may 30 2020. Should dolan have said something about george floyd death yes he should have but lot of other owners haven't said anything either i haven't seen statements from the cavs, rockets,clippers,jazz,suns,thunder,lakers,wizards, bucks, raptors,pistons, hawks,magic, or nuggets. The only teams that have made statements about george floyd death is hornets,spurs,mavs, pelicans, warriors, kings,celtics,nets, and wolves. I would say this if every nba team owner made statements about george floyd and knicks didn't make a statement then its really bad look .

Players could be in breach of contract if they put themselves in harm's way. They also have to quarantine themselves for a season that looks to be about a month away. Dont believe teams would appreciate a player coming back with covid, and getting an entire team infected.

According to ESPN, only two teams didnt reference the murder of Floyd directly. The Spurs (with Pops unloading on Trump) and the Knicks. Who exactly is Dolan afraid of offending with a statement that is against cops choking and killing Black people? Saying its a bad thing? Why should he care?

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/2/2020  12:01 PM
Just pathetic
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/2/2020  12:36 PM
It doesn't bother me that a corporation doesn't put out a political statement or a statement in support of something, however correct it may be. I'd rather have "free speech", especially in terms of political $$, taken away from corporations and the like. Would it be a bad thing? Not at all. Are they expected to put out a statement for every type of political'ish event? Been a number of deaths in this same situation, can't recall there being a rollcall of which teams put out tweets and statements and the like.

As an exercise, are you also AOK with MSG and/or Dolan putting out [political] statements that you may not agree with? Are you OK with Dolan splashing his personal views and affiliation with say Trump during games and whatnot?

What the Celtics and no doubt other organizations put out was thoughtful. Some marketing person came up with it in 15 minutes and the organization rubber stamped it. I don't personally need that type of assurance from any company I buy from.

Being supportive of players and MSG employees? Sure. And hasn't MSG shown that they will put actual $$ towards keeping as many employees employed during these times? MSG could have flat cut Bullock and probably should have? Gave him an opportunity. Have they supported the players in this particular instance? Do they automatically need to tell the world about it every time it happens?

Actions for me. Rubber stamping a few sentences doesn't show me much at all outside of marking a checkbox of sorts.

BigDaddyG wrote:This should've been simple a statement supporting civil rights and the right of all Americans to live free and peacefully... Instead, we get this. This is New York. It's laughable that this team can't hire competent PR people. Kelly Ann Conway could do a better job than this. Heck, what is Sean Spicer up to? I don't think Dolan is racist, but I'm pretty sure he's clueless.

BigDaddyG wrote:Part of the Celtics statement. Quick and easy while remaining thoughtful. Why can't we do this.

"Like many others across the country, the heartbreaking and senseless deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, along with other recent events, have left the entire Celtics organization struggling with grief and anger. During a time in which the phrase 'new normal' has often been used as our nation has struggled with the devastation of a pandemic, we imagine and hope for a 'new normal' where every citizen is afforded the same rights, has the same opportunities, receives the same treatment, and can peacefully enjoy every freedom promised to all of us."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

6/2/2020  1:01 PM
martin wrote:It doesn't bother me that a corporation doesn't put out a political statement or a statement in support of something, however correct it may be. I'd rather have "free speech", especially in terms of political $$, taken away from corporations and the like. Would it be a bad thing? Not at all. Are they expected to put out a statement for every type of political'ish event? Been a number of deaths in this same situation, can't recall there being a rollcall of which teams put out tweets and statements and the like.

As an exercise, are you also AOK with MSG and/or Dolan putting out [political] statements that you may not agree with? Are you OK with Dolan splashing his personal views and affiliation with say Trump during games and whatnot?

What the Celtics and no doubt other organizations put out was thoughtful. Some marketing person came up with it in 15 minutes and the organization rubber stamped it. I don't personally need that type of assurance from any company I buy from.

Being supportive of players and MSG employees? Sure. And hasn't MSG shown that they will put actual $$ towards keeping as many employees employed during these times? MSG could have flat cut Bullock and probably should have? Gave him an opportunity. Have they supported the players in this particular instance? Do they automatically need to tell the world about it every time it happens?

Actions for me. Rubber stamping a few sentences doesn't show me much at all outside of marking a checkbox of sorts.

BigDaddyG wrote:This should've been simple a statement supporting civil rights and the right of all Americans to live free and peacefully... Instead, we get this. This is New York. It's laughable that this team can't hire competent PR people. Kelly Ann Conway could do a better job than this. Heck, what is Sean Spicer up to? I don't think Dolan is racist, but I'm pretty sure he's clueless.

BigDaddyG wrote:Part of the Celtics statement. Quick and easy while remaining thoughtful. Why can't we do this.

Im sure most players in the league, who are Black. Some who have been victims of police brutality themselves. Will find your words comforting. We are in the middle of a national emergency, this is about more than a freaking PSA. Its about telling your players, your community you stand on the side of justice.

If we're going to be cynical, from a business perspective, its a horrible decision. It will alienate stars, fans (who are already wary about crowds) and maybe some advertisers. If Dolan's only real reponsibility is making money (shareholder capitalism right there) then he failed, because he put his own personal politics before the bottom line. Any way its a major fail.

martin
USA
6/2/2020  1:03 PM
I also don't care if my cable provider, local grocery store, local eateries did or did not put out messages.

If they did, I would be happy to see it, and especially so if they put their resources behind it.

For those of you that didn't care for MSG putting out a statement, did you check the other companies you support/buy from and see if they also put out a statement? Your cell phone maker? Cell service? Cable? What else?

And if you are really serious about not liking the non-statement, are you going to to anything concrete about it? Drop the team? No longer go to games? No longer watch the games?

BigDaddyG

6/2/2020  1:13 PM
martin wrote:It doesn't bother me that a corporation doesn't put out a political statement or a statement in support of something, however correct it may be. I'd rather have "free speech", especially in terms of political $$, taken away from corporations and the like. Would it be a bad thing? Not at all. Are they expected to put out a statement for every type of political'ish event? Been a number of deaths in this same situation, can't recall there being a rollcall of which teams put out tweets and statements and the like.

I don't consider this a political issue. This is a human rights issue. I don't expect Dolan to waddle around with protestors. He doesn't have to mention Trump or Biden. This a very tumultuous period. It would have been nice for him to show a little solidarity with his players. Perhaps if Dolan had remained consistent in his policy to not comment on social issues, it wouldn't be an issue. But we've already seen this guy make retarded, after the fact, songs about Harvey Weinstein. We've already seen him write letters to fans accusing them of being alcoholics. Is this a big deal by itself? No....but it is when pieced together into the bigger picture. This guy's reputation is trash. This organization can't afford to take any more PR hits, minor or major.
martin
USA
6/2/2020  1:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I don't consider this a political issue. This is a human rights issue. I don't expect Dolan to waddle around with protestors. He doesn't have to mention Trump or Biden. This a very tumultuous period. It would have been nice for him to show a little solidarity with his players. Perhaps if Dolan had remained consistent in his policy to not comment on social issues, it wouldn't be an issue. But we've already seen this guy make retarded, after the fact, songs about Harvey Weinstein. We've already seen him write letters to fans accusing them of being alcoholics. Is this a big deal by itself? No....but it is when pieced together into the bigger picture. This guy's reputation is trash. This organization can't afford to take any more PR hits, minor or major.

Press releases that someone else writes is the line drawn to show solidarity with players?

You guys are getting me wrong. If you want to show solidarity DO SOMETHING. Having an intern put out a few sentences or paragraphs ain't it. It shows me nothing, it's lip service, and lip service aint solidarity

Dolan's "non" statement email on George Floyd

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy