[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VOTE.............
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/7/2020  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2020  12:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:"Making America Great Again."

Geez...this administration really doesn't care about it's supporters, or anyone for anyone other than the highest bidder.

Ok, I see that it was not an elimination of the policy, but an exemption. Still don't like the precedent it sets.

https://radioink.com/2020/06/01/fcc-approves-cumulus-foreign-ownership-plan/

The Commission stated that “we find that the public interest would not be served by prohibiting foreign ownership of Cumulus in excess of the 25 percent benchmark.”

The petition to the FCC was unopposed.

The FCC stated that the Petition is likely to: “enable Cumulus to be in a stronger financial condition post-bankruptcy and provide the company greater flexibility to access foreign investment capital, thereby allowing Cumulus to better compete with other media companies, enhance its programming, and better serve the public interest, facilitate foreign investment in the U.S. broadcast radio market and potentially encourage reciprocal investment opportunities for U.S. companies in foreign markets.”

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/7/2020  12:27 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:I have to say, I am still shocked by the lack of base human empathy that we are seeing from the police. I live in a pretty sheltered world in suburban American and am just shocked at how low this is going, and how prevalent it is, and what one human will do to another in a position of physical power. Utterly disgusting

Martin, if noone has said it already, or even if they have. U and Andrew have allowed this platform that you guys created to bring as much awareness as possible to the many issues. Through the effort of your own as well as the many others who actively participate. Being able to have these discussions throughout the years leading to this point.

Its greatly greatly greatly appreciated!

Here here!!!!!

Ditto, disagreements on Dolan aside. I appreciate the forum you guys presented us.

Agreed..I am not a long timer at this site like most folks but I agree..so many issues outside of basketball have been discussed here....I appreciate the forum to read different points of view.

Oh, forgot to respond earlier. You are welcome and thank you in the same way, none of us can have these conversations without many voices participating. Glad to be a part of it. Expecting press releases from you all soon to make it official!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/7/2020  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2020  12:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Geez...this administration really doesn't care about it's supporters, or anyone for anyone other than the highest bidder.

Ok, I see that it was not an elimination of the policy, but an exemption. Still don't like the precedent it sets.

https://radioink.com/2020/06/01/fcc-approves-cumulus-foreign-ownership-plan/

The Commission stated that “we find that the public interest would not be served by prohibiting foreign ownership of Cumulus in excess of the 25 percent benchmark.”

The petition to the FCC was unopposed.

The FCC stated that the Petition is likely to: “enable Cumulus to be in a stronger financial condition post-bankruptcy and provide the company greater flexibility to access foreign investment capital, thereby allowing Cumulus to better compete with other media companies, enhance its programming, and better serve the public interest, facilitate foreign investment in the U.S. broadcast radio market and potentially encourage reciprocal investment opportunities for U.S. companies in foreign markets.”

Its going to be a loophole you can drive a truck through. Dont believe they announced the removal of 10k troops from Germany at the same time, by accident. Cable news didnt pick up the story, covered the troop pullout.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/7/2020  1:31 PM

Some people have a stronger emotional reaction to seeing a window getting smashed than to stuff like this- bewildering

BigDaddyG

6/7/2020  4:27 PM
WTF!?!?! This is for a man in distress call, not home invasion

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
6/7/2020  5:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:WTF!?!?! This is for a man in distress call, not home invasion

Just sickening, Just sadistic, makes you wonder how many other people he’s abused over the years

GustavBahler

6/7/2020  5:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2020  5:53 PM
Great story, showed the cops how its done. Accountabilty.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saved-protesters-protected-lone-cop-231203138.html

martin
USA
6/9/2020  12:50 PM
Thread. I can't believe this is happening in America, oodles of examples of voting places not having ballots or working voting machines in Georgia. I hate to use a double negative but this can't be not purposeful

Also, in Atlanta:

martin
USA
6/9/2020  2:06 PM
Whole states making it harder to vote:

martin
USA
6/9/2020  2:21 PM
Never saw this before

BigDaddyG

6/9/2020  2:57 PM
martin wrote:Never saw this before

He said it at the very beginning. It was conveniently ignored.

GustavBahler

6/9/2020  7:50 PM

This should go well lol..

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/9/2020  7:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/9/2020  8:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

This!!! People just dont listen..

GustavBahler

6/9/2020  8:10 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Always wondered why that Seal didnt do more to remind people of that fact. Might have saved Kapernick some grief.

smackeddog
6/10/2020  2:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/10/2020  2:54 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's because people crying about it wasn't a case of genuine ignorance, but WILFUL ignorance- it was completely disingenuous outrage- racists who tried to cover up that they don't care about black people's lives, by pretending it was concern for the flag. What a joke!

Here's another example of the old 'pretend you don't understand what someones protesting against and pretend it's something else, and then pretend to be outraged' (though someones cleverly intercut it with the truth:

You've probably encountered this deflection technique in an arguments with family or friends. Say you criticize or complain about something they've done eg "you left the car unlocked and now it's been robbed", they respond by dialing the emotion up to 10 and declare "OH thats right! I'm this awful awful human being WHO NEVER GETS ANYTHING RIGHT! " blah blah blah, Floods of tears or rage. Now the entire focus of the exchange is on YOU allaying THEIR heightened emotion (you probably end up having to apologize to them!), and your original complaint (and their wrong doing) is now no longer addressed.

You see governments use this strategy all the time. it's like when a whistle blower leaks details of war crimes or government misdeeds abroad. The government then responds flipping the argument and heightening the emotional response t: "OMG! Someone leaked top secret information PUTTING AMERICAN LIVES AT RISK!" and then suddenly all the focus is on this and the whistle blower is the one who gets prosecuted.

firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
6/10/2020  4:58 AM
martin wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:I have to say, I am still shocked by the lack of base human empathy that we are seeing from the police. I live in a pretty sheltered world in suburban American and am just shocked at how low this is going, and how prevalent it is, and what one human will do to another in a position of physical power. Utterly disgusting

Martin, if noone has said it already, or even if they have. U and Andrew have allowed this platform that you guys created to bring as much awareness as possible to the many issues. Through the effort of your own as well as the many others who actively participate. Being able to have these discussions throughout the years leading to this point.

Its greatly greatly greatly appreciated!

Here here!!!!!

Ditto, disagreements on Dolan aside. I appreciate the forum you guys presented us.

Agreed..I am not a long timer at this site like most folks but I agree..so many issues outside of basketball have been discussed here....I appreciate the forum to read different points of view.

Oh, forgot to respond earlier. You are welcome and thank you in the same way, none of us can have these conversations without many voices participating. Glad to be a part of it. Expecting press releases from you all soon to make it official!!

Didn't see this till now. Couldn't agree more. I've been on this forum for almost 16 years.

You've made something special here. Rare in today's social media world.

❤️

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/10/2020  5:54 AM

What? How can anyone think this is a good idea? Every day I get more appalled this country is fd.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

6/10/2020  9:02 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/former-coworker-george-floyd-derek-chauvin-claims-they-bumped-heads-in-past-071539036.html
GustavBahler

6/10/2020  9:11 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

What? How can anyone think this is a good idea? Every day I get more appalled this country is fd.

His fans wont care. Just as long as they can piss off the rest of the country in the process.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/10/2020  10:25 AM
To continue to drive home how systematic racism manifest itself.

The disparities were even greater in misdemeanor cases. White people facing misdemeanor charges were nearly 75 percent more likely than black people to have all charges carrying potential imprisonment dropped, dismissed, or reduced to lesser charges. White defendants charged with misdemeanors who had no prior criminal history were 46 percent more likely than similar black defendants to have all charges carrying a potential sentence dropped or reduced to charges that carry no potential imprisonment.

The study concluded that disparities in plea bargaining outcomes appear to be driven by cases in which defendants have no prior conviction, which “suggests that in the absence of evidence of a defendant’s recidivism risk (e.g., when there is no criminal history), prosecutors may be using race as a proxy for the defendant’s likelihood to recidivate.”

Second, racial disparities in plea bargaining outcomes are greater in cases involving misdemeanors and low-level felonies, which suggests that when the seriousness of the offense tells them little or nothing about the defendant’s propensity to commit a severe offense in the future, prosecutors may be relying on the presumption of dangerousness that has long burdened African Americans.

https://eji.org/news/research-finds-racial-disparities-in-plea-deals/

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy