[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VOTE.............
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/4/2020  9:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2020  9:17 PM
Sambakick wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Don't know why I did this to myself...sucker for a cute face I guess lol Keep getting dem checks Candace. I guess it's always helpful to know what the other side is perpetuating. In a nutshell, Floyd deserved to be murdered and police brutality is a myth.

She misses the point entirely. No one is saying George Floyd was perfect. We are saying that he didn't deserve what happened to him.

EDIT: Please - if you care about this issue DO NOT CLICK her video. She's using Floyd's death for clicks.
Basically she is saying Floyd had a criminal past and shouldn't be a martyr. That's her whole point.
That he doesn't represent the best of blackness. As if black people need to aspire to that to have basic human rights

Click here instead. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12337359

It's all part of the All lives matter BS that's used to minimize that a disproportional amount of black lives end up lost during this conversations. She prefaces her rant by saying she hopes Floyd's family gets justice and the goes on to call him a piece of crap who probably deserved it. Doesn't mention Breonna Taylor, a working citizen who wasn't involved in any crimes. Doesn't mention any other black lives that were senselessly lost due to confrontations with law enforcement. Doesn't mention any of the countless stories of law enforcement officials planting evidence and committing other acts of misconduct. She says it's a myth. It's important to hear this because are the type of lies that are being used to justify the level of brutality being applied to protestors. And if people out there are still gullible enough to believe Trump is a billionaire, then there are hoards of people who will eat this crap up and they don't all necessarily identify as white supremacists.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

6/4/2020  9:18 PM
She is looting the public consciousness. Enough of her.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/4/2020  10:45 PM
In my Denzel voice from the movie Glory when he was yelling at Morgan Freeman.....”Candace”<— inserted quote....you ain’t nothing but the white mans dog....” close quote...

She is monitizing her blackness and makes folks that have racist views feel better..ie...”see even blacks folks think the way”....

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/4/2020  11:38 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:In my Denzel voice from the movie Glory when he was yelling at Morgan Freeman.....”Candace”<— inserted quote....you ain’t nothing but the white mans dog....” close quote...

She is monitizing her blackness and makes folks that have racist views feel better..ie...”see even blacks folks think the way”....

I will never be able to understand the depths of lowness that someone would go to for $

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/5/2020  4:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:The last week or so has the same vibe as the Anti-Apartheid movement of the 80s, if you're old enough to remember.

smackeddog
6/5/2020  4:35 AM
Don't know if you remember that twitter video of the two students in their car, who the police attacked because they were sat in a car while black, but this page has the video from the the police cam (at the 2:30 mark)- must have been terrifying for the people in the car- literally did nothing and suddenly they're having their windows smashed in, tasered and dragged out onto the street by 6 cops. At lest they've been suspended, but should be facing charges of assault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52932611

smackeddog
6/5/2020  4:36 AM

smackeddog
6/5/2020  5:09 AM
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

6/5/2020  6:30 AM
I think the riots are going to be VERY bad for the re-election campaigns of the Mayors/Governors of those almost exclusively Democratic cities experiencing them.
(As well as bad for the Democrats in general.)

We will see what happens, but a whole lot of people, of all colors are really fed up with how peaceful protests were turned into or infiltrated into riots and the mayors/governors are not protecting them. The police were overwhelmed in the larger cites and in some cases told to stand down. Agree or disagree, it will cost them votes.

Re The President stepping in and using the military via an the Insurrection Act of 1807, it isn't going to happen and it never was imo.
While Trump was moving around two military groups getting the leaders in a tizzy, Bill Barr and Co. were moving Federal Forces out.
It was a clear distraction to get the FEDs in place. They don't need permission from the States to use Federal Forces.

There are MANY Federal agencies with tactical/armed agents that can be used in times like this. I believe this was touched on at Bill Barr's presser yesterday, which btw was largely uncovered by MSM.

All that said, I think the worst is yet to come. Stay safe, lots of violent rioters out there.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
smackeddog
6/5/2020  9:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/5/2020  9:51 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:I think the riots are going to be VERY bad for the re-election campaigns of the Mayors/Governors of those almost exclusively Democratic cities experiencing them.

We will see what happens, but a whole lot of people, of all colors are really fed up with how peaceful protests were turned into or infiltrated into riots and the mayors/governors are not protecting them. The police were overwhelmed in the larger cites and in some cases told to stand down. Agree or disagree, it will cost them votes.

Think people are more fed up with cops killing black people to be honest.

No one's buying your BS attempt to divide and rule the protesters apart from racists who are desperately trying to scramble to justify why they don't care about black people being abused. Tried pressure free peaceful protesting and that was deemed unacceptable to the same chumps (not even allowed to take a knee, nfl banned it) that are now saying the protesters should protest more peacefully (when in actual fact most of them are and still are getting beaten) , now they're using more effective measures and suddenly everyone is expected to become Gandhi while the cops get a green light to do whatever they want.

'The protesters are the villains in this' --yeah, right, whatever mental gymnastics you have to put yourself through to avoid confronting why you don't care and your president is a lunatic

NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

6/5/2020  10:13 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:I think the riots are going to be VERY bad for the re-election campaigns of the Mayors/Governors of those almost exclusively Democratic cities experiencing them.

No one's buying your BS attempt to divide and rule the protesters apart from racists who are desperately trying to scramble to justify why they don't care about black people being abused. Tried pressure free peaceful protesting and that was deemed unacceptable to the same chumps (not even allowed to take a knee, nfl banned it) that are now saying the protesters should protest more peacefully (when in actual fact most of them are and still are getting beaten) , now they're using more effective measures and suddenly everyone is expected to become Gandhi while the cops get a green light to do whatever they want.

'The protesters are the villains in this' --yeah, right, whatever mental gymnastics you have to put yourself through to avoid confronting why you don't care and your president is a lunatic

It isn't just me with a differing opinion. There are a lot of other people as well, and black people too. People are fed up with this. And people are fed up with racism. I see both sides.
So, perhaps instead of thinking I have an ulterior motive and saying "your BS attempt to divide and rule..." look at the stats. Look at what many black people are saying. It seems like
MSM is fuelling this.

I watched that video from Candace Owens linked above. Never even heard of her before but looking at her Twitter she has 2.3 million followers.
That doesn't mean anything alone, but she is a very well spoken human being and said some pretty interesting things. Especially the statistics she mentioned. I wasn't aware of most of them.

A week or so ago people were all about social distancing, you know, to save lives. That is all but out the window now. Doesn't really make sense since this is about saving lives.

Any differing opinion here is absolutely attacked, even if there are stats to back up the differing opinion. I can see where this is going:
“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
smackeddog
6/5/2020  12:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/5/2020  2:00 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It isn't just me with a differing opinion. There are a lot of other people as well, and black people too. People are fed up with this. And people are fed up with racism. I see both sides.
So, perhaps instead of thinking I have an ulterior motive and saying "your BS attempt to divide and rule..." look at the stats. Look at what many black people are saying. It seems like
MSM is fuelling this.

I watched that video from Candace Owens linked above. Never even heard of her before but looking at her Twitter she has 2.3 million followers.
That doesn't mean anything alone, but she is a very well spoken human being and said some pretty interesting things. Especially the statistics she mentioned. I wasn't aware of most of them.

A week or so ago people were all about social distancing, you know, to save lives. That is all but out the window now. Doesn't really make sense since this is about saving lives.

Any differing opinion here is absolutely attacked, even if there are stats to back up the differing opinion. I can see where this is going:
“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

Oh quit with the martyring yourself- no one buys your passive aggressive act of "oh just thought I'd share some interesting information", it's not because you're some sort of modern day marvel of philosophy and reason.

If you want to carry on fooling yourself, go right ahead, just don't expect everyone else to join in on the game.

Candace Owens- what a joke, I guess you're one of those people who thinks it can't be racist against black people if it's said by a black person- Newsflash!- it can! just like you have black cops beating and killing black people, sad fact is that racism is so prevalent, some people absorb it and espouse it against their own ethnicity, desperate to carry favor with other racists who use them as 'proof' that their views aren't racist. Sad stuff, but I guess she's found there's money to be made with it.

Poor you, having to put up with a few people breaking windows for a week- imagine how you'd feel living through slavery, or lynchings, racial segregation, police brutality for your whole life. You say you can see both sides, yet you show that you clearly can't.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/5/2020  1:04 PM
D.C Mayor has BLM painted on the street leading to the Whitehouse!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
6/5/2020  1:18 PM

Just talks clueless s*** all the time

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/5/2020  1:32 PM
I have to say, I am still shocked by the lack of base human empathy that we are seeing from the police. I live in a pretty sheltered world in suburban American and am just shocked at how low this is going, and how prevalent it is, and what one human will do to another in a position of physical power. Utterly disgusting
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
6/5/2020  1:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/5/2020  1:46 PM
martin wrote:I have to say, I am still shocked by the lack of base human empathy that we are seeing from the police. I live in a pretty sheltered world in suburban American and am just shocked at how low this is going, and how prevalent it is, and what one human will do to another in a position of physical power. Utterly disgusting

I remember when I was a lot younger my neighbor got put in cells for the night (drunk and disorderly or something) and the police officer in the morning insisted he had to beg him to get released. I don't think you can ever stop psychopaths joining these institutions (psychopaths are drawn to powerful positions), but the problem is so many of their fellow officers either wilfully turn a blind eye, and often collude and join in- until that culture changes horrific abuses of power will carry on. All these video's are sickening- I'm cynical anyways, but seeing this so graphic, so brazen has hit me on a different level- I don't even know how you start to tackle such widespread sick behaviour.

And the fact some people can see all this but have the response "yeah, but some windows are being smashed- that's the real problem/just as bad" is mind blowing. The lies people have to tell themselves to block their empathy challenging their fixed beliefs is spectacular

Sambakick
Member: #5646

6/5/2020  1:58 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:Stay safe, lots of violent rioters out there.

Stay safe, lots of violent cops out there.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/5/2020  2:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/5/2020  2:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:I have to say, I am still shocked by the lack of base human empathy that we are seeing from the police. I live in a pretty sheltered world in suburban American and am just shocked at how low this is going, and how prevalent it is, and what one human will do to another in a position of physical power. Utterly disgusting

I remember when I was a lot younger my neighbor got put in cells for the night (drunk and disorderly or something) and the police officer in the morning insisted he had to beg him to get released. I don't think you can ever stop psychopaths joining these institutions (psychopaths are drawn to powerful positions), but the problem is so many of their fellow officers either wilfully turn a blind eye, and often collude and join in- until that culture changes horrific abuses of power will carry on. All these video's are sickening- I'm cynical anyways, but seeing this so graphic, so brazen has hit me on a different level- I don't even know how you start to tackle such widespread sick behaviour.

And the fact some people can see all this but have the response "yeah, but some windows are being smashed- that's the real problem/just as bad" is mind blowing. The lies people have to tell themselves to block their empathy challenging their fixed beliefs is spectacular

I remember when the FBI first put their report showing how white supremacists sympathizers and homegrown terrorists have infiltrated our police departments. It was quickly swept under the rug, with only a few news outlets giving the attention it deserved. I guess part of the reason is those of us who live in relatively modest communities couldn't imagine how big a problem it is. But I remember going out and partying in New Paltz, a relatively inclusive town, many years ago and seeing flyers stating how we must protect our blonde haired, blue eyed white girls from those evil blacks. It hit home how deeply these guys were imbedded. Now, I can't stop people from believing what they want to believe. We all have freedom of speech, to a certain extent. But many of these people are weaponized and have being given nuanced messages letting them know it's OK to carry out these fantasies. People still can't see what's happening because they don't want to. Their still under the illusion that America is the greatest nation of the world, even though every country in the world looks at our leader as joke. (Yeah America. Now you know how it feels to be a Knicks fan.) Our system is broken and the police is just a reflection of it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
6/5/2020  2:33 PM
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/5/2020  3:06 PM

Martin, if noone has said it already, or even if they have. U and Andrew have allowed this platform that you guys created to bring as much awareness as possible to the many issues. Through the effort of your own as well as the many others who actively participate. Being able to have these discussions throughout the years leading to this point.

Its greatly greatly greatly appreciated!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy