martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:That piece of **** Trump is responsible for so many lost lives and utter carnage, hope he gets jailed.
Double Standard much? Hey Martin why didn’t you Call this out?

You flipped back 4 pages to pull this out. But this was a substantiated call. The guy's claim is that Trump is guilty because he incited the riot that caused lost lives and carnage at the Capitol. Now, one can agree or disagree with that interpretation of events, but at least his opinion had a basis. What exactly was Kamala accused of when she was called a piece of something?

oh please. At least be honest for once. If you want to boot me from the site fine I could care less at this point. But what you did was a double standard. It certainly does help the paper my brother is writing so that was good I guess.

This is a fellow poster replying to you, I think you are mistaking him for me.

I get the feel that you are a younger Knicks fan, much younger than most of us here. Wear your heart on your sleeve and quite frankly it shows. It's a good thing but it is getting the better of you.

Younger Knick fan? I’m married with 3 children. Please don’t make assumptions about me

Most here are late 40's and above, perhaps I was wrong but I was just guessing.

I don’t feel comfortable giving my exact age(I would t ask others either out of respect to them) but yeah I’m in that range
i

Yeah, I was guessing mid-30's (and you don't need to confirm or deny, I wouldn't want to put you in that spot), I knew you had at least one which you announced previously and just assumed you had more kids than that. For me, cause I'm old as ****, anyone under 40 is young.

Yup I have 3 which can be a handful sometimes 😂. Honestly I don’t want to fight and I honestly don’t want to give you any bad press it’s in that paper. I just felt you went too far with JCrusher. If he was nasty to you or another poster theyn by all means he deserves to go. But his posts are respectful to others and their opinions. We both knew that we are obviously the minority around here so neither of us want to be attacked you know what I mean?

Where has Jcrusher gone and really what have I done in your mind to "boot him"? I asked him to keep to Knicks posts. He has continued to post. You have continued to post. Both of you asked me to deactive your accounts. You are the ones that want yourselves booted and I've let you know that you can post on this site and that you are welcome here and welcome to post and you both have. I have temporarily stopped Jcrusher from posting in this thread cause I could see it was going downward very fast and things needed to chill, literally had nothing to do with his or your political leanings or whatever else you assumed. Quite frankly I had zero clue that you favored a conservative push.

He hasn’t continued to post other than saying adios. He told me he was more than happy to speak to you further And clarify but you kicked him off Obviously you don’t want to stick around a forum you get treated badly. You haven’t done it to me...yet. Also come on you obviously knew we were both conservatives and sons of cops which was another strike I assume. But like I said I gotta do the right thing and follow through with it. Nothing personal against you but this kind of thing has to stop.

Actually, he has.

I havent seen it. But have you reached out to him?

He deleted his original post but you can see the responses.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=61608&su=0&page=1#1656234

Ok. But why not reaching out to the guy? You have his email

I have responded to both of you in the other forum here. http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=61610

Yeah but that is not the same thing. JCrusher was willing to speak with you in a private conversation but feels you want give him the time of day that’s why he won’t post anymore

How about this. You and he are friends offline or on a different site. JCrusher has sent me 2 emails, and to keep his privacy in tact, have him forward those to you and then you can email me with those emails fully in tact and I'd be interested to know from you if they were on par with something that I should readily respond to. The 3 of us will all be one the same email thread and can come with the same understanding.

Sure he is more than willing to speak to you. He will shoot you an email

I would like YOU to see the correspondence that was sent to me and for you to have that starting point.

no problem. By the way any quotes I can send my brother for the paper? He wants to get your side as well
y

You have my contact info

Yeah but are you actually going to respond? He won’t waste his time if you aren’t. No one is forcing you to I want to make that clear

As you can well imagine, I don't waste my time either.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

1/31/2021  4:25 PM
Nalod wrote:As one poster said 4 years ago......”What do you have to lose?”
We are being pulled apart by those who want to weaken us. Why? We lose our resolve to maintain economic sanctions.
Money.
America intends well. We fight amongst and always have. We are a melting pot. Its natural. But the constitution and its ideals are worth it. Move past hypocrisy and forward. Easy to type, hard to digest the injustice.
Start by Voting. If someone does not want you to vote then they are scared of your powers.
Exercise before you lose it.

Agreed! no excuses,
The National Voting voices (in line & Mail-in) ballots won out!
Too many folks whom gripe, some are same WHOM make no time to properly vote.

Are Liberals, Republicans, Democrats and other parties Perfect? HELL no
Do we need change(s)? HELL Yes.

Do we bleed USA? reckon' we better with Truths and democracy. I won't question anyone whom has their own choices or believes in
voting for their wants/desires.

However I worked D.o.D (not armed served) for nearly 21 yrs, will get pensions from both
contractor Milit. side of Naval jobs company and ending in Army/SOF side company contracts. Proud I'll get pensions and old enough
to get it current yr. upcoming.

Was D.o.D free from sins? Nope, Leaders ? not really. Was propeitary Govt. decisions in BEST for ALL America? I Dunno about that!
However I won't trade my exposure to USA D.o.D jobs and exposure to government gains and pains for anything! Including the then
President and all the govt. clearances to ensure safety and missions of U.S. men/women whom served United States of America.

VOTE! We'll let God work on lawmakers and divisions to get things right e.g. Defense of nation, funding to abolish issues which
break Our great USA apart and fails in the world Outside America. This sentiments also includes the National Pandemic which as
seen affects the World! We're all BETTER when we can work TOGETHER

Amen! My Ultimate Knicks brothers and sisters(ladies) whom throll these forum posts and WANT better for U.S.A Economy & people personal lifes!
GIVE it up to God 1st in anything believed!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/31/2021  6:24 PM
YOU CAN PUT THIS IN THE ARTICLE

I actually think "THE MODERATOR OF THE SITE" did "THE POSTER" a favor by removing him from this thread.
That way he never has to offer his reason for being disgusted and insulted by the term "White Privilege".
Instead he gets to nurse his grievance and further show himself to be a victim of cancel culture.
I wish he would stand up for his beliefs and defend them.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

2/1/2021  12:08 AM
Sambakick wrote:YOU CAN PUT THIS IN THE ARTICLE

I actually think "THE MODERATOR OF THE SITE" did "THE POSTER" a favor by removing him from this thread.
That way he never has to offer his reason for being disgusted and insulted by the term "White Privilege".
Instead he gets to nurse his grievance and further show himself to be a victim of cancel culture.
I wish he would stand up for his beliefs and defend them.

From the website(s):
Definition (NOT Mine)
White privilege is a social phenomenon. Although the definition of "white privilege" has been somewhat fluid, it is generally agreed to refer to the implicit or systemic advantages that people who are deemed white have relative to people who are not deemed white; it is the absence of suspicion and other negative reactions that white people experience.

The term is used in discussions focused on the mostly hidden benefits that white people possess in a society where racism is prevalent and whiteness is considered normal, rather than on the detriments to people who are the objects of racism. As such, most definitions and discussions of the concept use as a starting point McIntosh's metaphor of the "invisible backpack" that white people unconsciously "wear" in a society where racism is prevalent.

Origin: European colonialism
New Imperialism (1870–1914)

How it all fixes America will be reconciled Long after each of us leaves this Earth & world, Into Heaven or Hell (sadly).

History is often stated as Cyclic as so is the Lord's God savior BIBLE
which ever one believes in ? Like the TV auto commercial 12 months OR 12 thousand miles (or decades) whichever reconciles Peace! first in this
Country OR any country continent with issues simular.

However we're all living in an interesting BUT difficult times learning one another Gains and pains, faults and sucesses attained.
Power of Govt. and Leaders is a very hard thing to bridge where we all want the same things.
Corruption is all over not just the United States of America.

In short Live your life in best way you can and learn the growth's of suffering because before we leave this Earth &
earthly fleshy things, WE will all suffer, no matter whether rich or Poor. Successful or crooked. Don't matter how much property or $$$$$
of prestige OR race, Age don't matter either. How good you are in life OR how bad? The Suffering is broad and given before death.

It's all part of the Journey the 1 time Trip On planet Earth before .. we all move onward

*Think about that! <simply said>
*smiles with respect to all people & forum peers

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/13/2021  4:45 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-acquits-trump-for-second-time-as-seven-republicans-join-democrats-in-guilty-vote-211230767.html

Politics continue to display that accountability is only for civilians.

"life is all about choices"

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/13/2021  8:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2021  8:58 PM
as of today, what does "being a conservative" mean? i genuinely want know. if you consider yourself conservative, what does that mean?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/13/2021  9:13 PM
djsunyc wrote:as of today, what does "being a conservative" mean? i genuinely want know. if you consider yourself conservative, what does that mean?

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/14/2021  2:22 PM
thanks martin but i don't mean being a conservative politician.

as a regular citizen of the US, what makes one a conservative? are there conservatives on this forum that can let me know? i'm genuinely curious b/c i would to operate in good faith discussion but can't if i don't really know what a conservative is.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

2/14/2021  10:00 PM
djsunyc wrote:thanks martin but i don't mean being a conservative politician.

as a regular citizen of the US, what makes one a conservative? are there conservatives on this forum that can let me know? i'm genuinely curious b/c i would to operate in good faith discussion but can't if i don't really know what a conservative is.

i consider myself a fiscal conservative, not so much a social one. so from my view, there are 2 parts, and i am sure not all would agree that is part of the definition. good read for some takes on fiscal conservatism would be "the way the world works" by jude wanniski.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2021  10:57 AM
sidsanders wrote:

i consider myself a fiscal conservative, not so much a social one. so from my view, there are 2 parts, and i am sure not all would agree that is part of the definition. good read for some takes on fiscal conservatism would be "the way the world works" by jude wanniski.

From Amazon cause I was looking for Jude's take:

Jude Wanniski's masterpiece defined the policies at the heart of the Reagan economic boom that continues today and promises a coming century of global peace and prosperity. Writing with a simplicity and liveliness uncommon to his subject, Wanniski offers a fresh general theory of the world's political evolution that explains how and why economies fail and succeed, now and as far as we can imagine.

So Trickle Down is essentially being a fiscal conservative?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/15/2021  12:23 PM

Difficult to say anymore. Trump and his effect have muddied the waters. He's effectively made conservative a dirty word.

There's an old axiom that conservatives are normally socially conservative and fiscally liberal, while liberals are socially liberal and fiscally conservative.
Does that bear out in any and all cases? Probably not.

What are the main issues that define any random conservative poll? Possibly (alphabetical, in no particular order of importance):
. Abortion
. Big Government
. Capital Punishment
. Foreign trade deficits/protective tariffs
. Gun rights
. Immigration
. Narrow interpretation of the Constitution/Judicial activism
. Religious rights
. Social Darwinism/Marxist ideologies

Conservatives may hold to one side on these issues, while your regular citizen liberal would/could/might hold an opposing view.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2021  1:01 PM
The conservative movement has been corrupted. “Solving new problems with proven methods of the past”. Thats too simple.
Problem it does not conceive of progress. MAGA reeks of backward thinking. It desires USA dominance forgetting the conditions by which that was obtained. The price we had to pay for that and the suffering of others for us to succeed.
Today being “conservative” might mean “Not a democrat”. Trump would never just say “Democrat” it was “Radical liberal”.
With a basic political duopoly and no motivation in the current environment to change it after early 40 years after gerrymandering was permitted has widened the gap the middle is were most of us exist but now we really have no viable expression for our vote.
I’m registered independent and lean left but not to AOC or BernieLand. Too far.

1. I agree not in shrinking government but growing the private sector to accomplish that.
2. Pro life is not pro abortion. Its about individual choice which I promote.
3. Make voting compulsory. Can’t own property, send kids to school, gain any financial benefits including Social Security unless you vote. Make it a holiday or a Saturday.

I’ll stop because on can go on and on. And I do.
But we have to invest in education because we are a dumb fat content nation riding on our past laurels. Can’t “Make America great”, you have to “earn it!”

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/15/2021  1:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2021  1:27 PM
I was a bit hesitant to post in this thread again since obviously there aren’t many conservatives on this site and clearly aren’t particular well liked. But anyway I thought djsunyc asked in a respectful and civil way so I will just give a quick answer. I am a proud conservative and come from a family of conservatives. So I will just give my personal definition of why i am. I respect and believe in the traditions And history of our country and am proud of it. Things like standing for the flag mean the world to me since I have several family members who are military veterans.
sidsanders
Member: #2426

2/15/2021  2:28 PM
martin wrote:
sidsanders wrote:

From Amazon cause I was looking for Jude's take:

Jude Wanniski's masterpiece defined the policies at the heart of the Reagan economic boom that continues today and promises a coming century of global peace and prosperity. Writing with a simplicity and liveliness uncommon to his subject, Wanniski offers a fresh general theory of the world's political evolution that explains how and why economies fail and succeed, now and as far as we can imagine.

So Trickle Down is essentially being a fiscal conservative?

that is the term i used as well or even voodoo economics, i didnt like those terms then and i was a teen or younger at that point. then i read his book and saw what his main points were (read early 2000s). he does goes over many economic theorists from ages past and how folks have used them to drive state economies. i would say fiscal folks break down into monetary policy, taxation, personal finance (debt, investing, live within means) and for sure more. i also have a strong view that most folks (globally) have rather poor personal financial habits and understanding.

if you hear folks pushing for lower taxes with the guidance that you should pay down your personal debt, bills -- that is what i want to hear. folks pushing for tax cuts knowing folks will spend spend spend or worse borrow and spend are false fiscal conservatives. live within your means is what i apply to personal finance and what i want governments to aspire to. printing $ to get folks to spend spend spend (and drive inflation). that is the real hope for the stimulus bills going back to the one folks probably dont recall under bush (2008 rebate). we are a consumerist debt based economy now and have been for some time.

<rant/ramble on personal finance>
when i see folks going into 5 figure or more debt for college and degrees that dont earn that type of $ i hate it. not the student, the structure that creates that or says you MUST get a degree. folks need the next tech toy, car, something that is not a real asset or depreciates. there is a lack of logic/practicality to what folks want and what they probably need. getting $ into different asset classes to help you grow your wealth, to avoid debt as much as possible seems basic when you look at it, yet so many do not do it or seem to have never heard of it. folks seem to have so little amount of $ saved or invested.

stock market is not the economy and now its being propped up far more than it should to make it even less like the economy. that said, more folks appear to be getting into investing (good). of course there is a drawback in that the access is easier to do that than it has ever been, however since most folks have not really prepared themselves for the roller coaster that stock/etfs/index funds/mf/commodities/crypto/etc can bring and the tax implications. with the gme/amc hype, i am concerned folks will get burned and flee. i saw folks asking can i buy into gme, should i borrow $ to get in now? --- ARRGH.

how the heck personal finance is not taught for years in schools is insane, or maybe it is part of the desire to make sure folks do not understand how easy it can be to avoid $ pitfalls. a counter to my views on personal finance is that being in a consumer economy, what would happen if folks stopped spending on things they didnt need -- that probably will go rather poorly.

cant forget about real estate. it isnt the primary home ownership to gen passive $, its rentals -- which have drawbacks that many do not mention or warn of. so much to rant/ramble about -- having your own retirement planned (not plan) (roth or traditional ira in addition to 401k/403b, dividend paying stocks, int from bonds(can get tax free ones), int from cds, mutual funds, and on and on). i do not count on ssi/ssd.
</rant/ramble on personal finance>

tldr

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/15/2021  4:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2021  4:10 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I was a bit hesitant to post in this thread again since obviously there aren’t many conservatives on this site and clearly aren’t particular well liked. But anyway I thought djsunyc asked in a respectful and civil way so I will just give a quick answer. I am a proud conservative and come from a family of conservatives. So I will just give my personal definition of why i am. I respect and believe in the traditions And history of our country and am proud of it. Things like standing for the flag mean the world to me since I have several family members who are military veterans.

With all due respect, that's nothing more than word salad. "Liberals" respect the "traditions and history of our country" as well, which informs our focus and policy proposals. Just because you disagree with our platform or how it manifests itself, doesn't give "conservatives" the right to define it as disrespectful or "unAmerican", as is often the case.

For the record, I have family in the military/law enforcement, as well. Does that mean I get a cookie, too?

StarksEwing1

2/15/2021  4:23 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I was a bit hesitant to post in this thread again since obviously there aren’t many conservatives on this site and clearly aren’t particular well liked. But anyway I thought djsunyc asked in a respectful and civil way so I will just give a quick answer. I am a proud conservative and come from a family of conservatives. So I will just give my personal definition of why i am. I respect and believe in the traditions And history of our country and am proud of it. Things like standing for the flag mean the world to me since I have several family members who are military veterans.

With all due respect, that's nothing more than word salad. "Liberals" respect the "traditions and history of our country" as well, which informs our focus and policy proposals. Just because you disagree with our platform or how it manifests itself, doesn't give "conservatives" the right to define it as disrespectful or "unAmerican", as is often the case.

For the record, I have family in the military/law enforcement, as well. Does that mean I get a cookie, too?

. When did I say you didn’t respect traditions or the military? Not once did I make an insult against a liberal. I simply was answering djsunyc’s question about why I have my political beliefs. I never knocked anybody else’s beliefs. But see this is what I was talking about in my first sentence. Why does everything need to turn into a fight?
NardDogNation

2/15/2021  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2021  4:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

. When did I say you didn’t respect traditions or the military? Not once did I make an insult against a liberal. I simply was answering djsunyc’s question about why I have my political beliefs. I never knocked anybody else’s beliefs. But see this is what I was talking about in my first sentence. Why does everything need to turn into a fight?

You were asked to define "what does being a conservative mean?". The meat of your response to that was "I respect the traditions and history of our country" as though that's something unique or specific to conservatism. Why should I not have the intrepretation?

And for the record, I'm not "fight(ing)" you. But it does feel that people on the right tend to offer a series of platitudes that offer no real substance. And when you're called out on it, it is intrepreted as a direct attack.

Needless to say, we ALL share a love of family and hold "family values". We ALL share a "love of country". We all (insert useless trope conservatives use) as Americans. And yet most of us have very distinct, differing opinions about the role of government and how it ought to function.

StarksEwing1

2/15/2021  4:47 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

You were asked to define "what does being a conservative mean?". The meat of your response to that was "I respect the traditions and history of our country" as though that's something unique or specific to conservatism. Why should I not have the intrepretation?

And for the record, I'm not "fight(ing)" you. But it does feel that people on the right tend to offer a series of platitudes that offer no real substance. And when you're called out on it, it is intrepreted as a direct attack.

Needless to say, we ALL share a love of family and hold "family values". We ALL share a "love of country". We all (insert useless trope conservatives use) as Americans.

I wasn’t comparing. I was simply stating my own personal beliefs. Please tell me when I said “liberals don’t care about history, military or family”? Not once. So I’m not sure how you interpret that as a slight. I treat everyone the same as long as they’re a good person
NardDogNation

2/15/2021  4:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2021  4:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Needless to say, we ALL share a love of family and hold "family values". We ALL share a "love of country". We all (insert useless trope conservatives use) as Americans.

I wasn’t comparing. I was simply stating my own personal beliefs. Please tell me when I said “liberals don’t care about history, military or family”? Not once. So I’m not sure how you interpret that as a slight. I treat everyone the same as long as they’re a good person

Well if "respect (of) the traditions and history of this country" defines your conservativism, how can it define my liberalism if the two are diametrically opposed?

StarksEwing1

2/15/2021  4:57 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Well if "respect (of) the traditions and history of this country" informs your conservative, how can it inform my liberalism if the two are diametrically opposed?

Once again dude you’re overreacting. For whatever reason you have it in your head that I was taking a shot as your patriotism(which I wasn’t). Whatever disagreements on policies we have we are BOTH Americans we are both on the same team you know 😂
VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy