[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VOTE.............
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2021  11:14 PM
arkrud wrote:I think it is pointless and not healthy to have this political discussions on Knicks blog site.
It is clear that majority of the posters and the owners are progressive Democrats and very few posters are conservatives Republicans.
Conservatives are minority in this case and should keep their mouse shut about politics.
Nothing good will come up from stating their opinions but unnecessary frustration and ensured escalation of hostile language.
There are plenty of conservative blogs where they will have good time discussing the things with people alike.
And if posters on this site having good time to hear only what they want to hear let them have fun too.
Live is short. So don't worry be happy.

Then I will kindly ask you to skip this thread and those like it. Thanks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

1/31/2021  2:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  2:29 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I mean, the guy clearly was biased. Would think that with him coming from a cop family that he would have insight and perspective that he could share. Instead he spoke pretty general while not offering any real detail toward direct viewpoints, examples, instances, questions and mostly facts presented.

The fact that the question of if justice was served toward the ppl who killed those officers he brought up was purposely ignored says everything that needs to be said.

His comments on Biden and Kamala would have been better served if he posted up articles and such that demonstrates his displeasure with them. Honestly they weren’t my preferred choice. But I’ll give them a chance.

I mean to be fair he did mention several examples and personal experiences including one scary one that his wife and him went through. I don’t think you really understand or care how scary of a situation that was for him especially his wife who the BLM crowd told her they were going to rape her essentially. He also admitted there are some bad apples like any profession. He said they should face punishment if guilty. But he obviously is proud of his family roots as am I . My father was a jersey cop and like JCrusher I also know many of them and can tell you firsthand how great people they are.

He mentioned that example (and many have said that was terrible) but he ALSO said it didn't affect his view. So naturally I am interested in what his view is based on. He has never explained what is so insulting about the term "White privilege". I think it is key that he explain why it is offensive. I don't care about his opinion on Biden and Harris.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/31/2021  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  8:35 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
“Should keep their mouse shut”? “Live is short”. Education really worked well I see😂. So basically you’re admitting that conservatives have no business on this site and their points don’t matter? Don’t worry Martin made that clear. Anyway you guys won. You chased away two white conservatives who were just having civil conversations but like you said their points don’t matter. By the way thank you for your post since it certainly helps prove the point my brother and I are working on so Thank You so Much!!!Anyway see you later

Based on his previous posts and opinions, I have a feeling arkrud was being sarcastic. But who knows?

I am a conservative, and I have no intention whatsoever of going away. If any progressive Democrat wants to debate me, they are more than welcome. Debates are a great way of learning new things and expanding one's understanding of things from all points of view.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/31/2021  9:08 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I mean, the guy clearly was biased. Would think that with him coming from a cop family that he would have insight and perspective that he could share. Instead he spoke pretty general while not offering any real detail toward direct viewpoints, examples, instances, questions and mostly facts presented.

The fact that the question of if justice was served toward the ppl who killed those officers he brought up was purposely ignored says everything that needs to be said.

His comments on Biden and Kamala would have been better served if he posted up articles and such that demonstrates his displeasure with them. Honestly they weren’t my preferred choice. But I’ll give them a chance.

I mean to be fair he did mention several examples and personal experiences including one scary one that his wife and him went through. I don’t think you really understand or care how scary of a situation that was for him especially his wife who the BLM crowd told her they were going to rape her essentially. He also admitted there are some bad apples like any profession. He said they should face punishment if guilty. But he obviously is proud of his family roots as am I . My father was a jersey cop and like JCrusher I also know many of them and can tell you firsthand how great people they are.

Philando Castillo and his family also had a traumatic experience. Where he was shot dead in his car in front of his wife and 4 year old daughter. Where the wife was praying and crying in the back seat of their car and the 4 yr old had to console her. Saying words like mommy don't cry it will be okay. If you cry then i'm going to cry. One of the most heart breaking things I have ever seen.

JCrushers traumatic experience was terrible for him and his wife. But most here don't see what it has to do with the term "White Privilege". As he brought up that terrible experience as some sort of explanation on why its a terrible word. People wanted to try to understand the correlation he was trying to make. And he wouldn't make the correlation. Came off to me that he was indirectly trying to say "White Privilege" doesn't exist.

I directly addressed the few bad apples viewpoint towards policing as well. If its about a few bad apples, why are their lies and cover ups throughout the process? Why does it take protest to get the bad apples charged? Amad Aubrey who was tracked down and killed by 2 men and caught on film. It took something like 2 months to have any charges filed only due to massive protesting and the video going viral increasing the protesting and pressure. Why does it take protesting and pressure to do the right thing and hold the bad apples accountable? If the few bad apples are going to get this level of protection. Then how can we not view it as systemic?

Until that is actually addressed. I have to question credibility.

FBI investigation also came to the conclusion that 93% of BLM protest were indeed peaceful.
https://www.cbs17.com/news/national-news/about-93-of-racial-justice-protests-in-the-us-have-been-peaceful-a-new-report-finds/

As well as white supremacists who instigated riots posing as BLM
https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/
https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf

Homeland Security: White Supremacist remains nations deadliest us terror threat.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/white-supremacists-anarchists-dhs-homeland-threat-assessment/index.html

Months later insurrection.

But let me guess. All this gets ignored, brushed aside and some general statement gets made not really directly addressing any of this.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2021  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  10:15 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
“Should keep their mouse shut”? “Live is short”. Education really worked well I see😂. So basically you’re admitting that conservatives have no business on this site and their points don’t matter? Don’t worry Martin made that clear. Anyway you guys won. You chased away two white conservatives who were just having civil conversations but like you said their points don’t matter. By the way thank you for your post since it certainly helps prove the point my brother and I are working on so Thank You so Much!!!Anyway see you later

Based on his previous posts and opinions, I have a feeling arkrud was being sarcastic. But who knows?

I am a conservative, and I have no intention whatsoever of going away. If any progressive Democrat wants to debate me, they are more than welcome. Debates are a great way of learning new things and expanding one's understanding of things from all points of view.

I think you make fair points and I agree. Look I’m
not naive I know this is a heavily democratic site which is fine I have no issue with that. I believe in the old saying “Treat others as you would like to be treated”. Sadly i feel some on the other side don’t believe in that. If you don’t believe in what they believe then you are an enemy. I mean who cares if somebody think Biden/Harris are horrible. I’ve seen many terrible comments about not just Trump but other Republicans yet they get a pat on the back while JCrusher gets booted. Did he ever once insult a poster? Nope. Did he respect their opinion and treat them nicely? Absolutely. But that is why I felt compelled to send these pages to my brother last Night who is an editor. He got back to me and is pretty appalled. It shows canceling someone out who had different views and because of their race. That’s just wrong and it happening now to conservatives all over the country.
ESOMKnicks

1/31/2021  1:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

not naive I know this is a heavily democratic site which is fine I have no issue with that. I believe in the old saying “Treat others as you would like to be treated”. Sadly i feel some on the other side don’t believe in that. If you don’t believe in what they believe then you are an enemy. I mean who cares if somebody think Biden/Harris are horrible. I’ve seen many terrible comments about not just Trump but other Republicans yet they get a pat on the back while JCrusher gets booted. Did he ever once insult a poster? Nope. Did he respect their opinion and treat them nicely? Absolutely. But that is why I felt compelled to send these pages to my brother last Night who is an editor. He got back to me and is pretty appalled. It shows canceling someone out who had different views and because of their race. That’s just wrong and it happening now to conservatives all over the country.

But in all fairness, he said "Sadly Biden doesn’t even know what day of the week it is and Kamala is just a piece of sh:t with no track record if anything". Which was just throwing out insulting epithets without substantiating the basis for such opinion. And that is not right either.

I am not a fan of Kamala, but have a specific reason for that, i.e. her record as AG in Cali, where she sent innocent people to jail. Maybe she has evolved since then, but the tears of imprisoned fathers and mothers are still on her hands.

StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  1:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  1:56 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

But in all fairness, he said "Sadly Biden doesn’t even know what day of the week it is and Kamala is just a piece of sh:t with no track record if anything". Which was just throwing out insulting epithets without substantiating the basis for such opinioun. And that is not right either.

I am not a fan of Kamala, but have a specific reason for that, i.e. her record as AG in Cali, where she sent innocent people to jail. Maybe she has evolved since then, but the tears of imprisoned fathers and mothers are still on her hands.

Yeah but he never got a chance to explain. He was also trying to answer questions from other posters. Plus I think he was half joking anyway. I’ve talked to him offline and the guy is really a nice guy and was just trying to stand up for his family but also respecting others opinions which he certainly did. Plus both our fathers were policemen so it’s very disheartening seeing them labeled a negative way despite literally putting their lives on the line and as a child I know that fear of losing your parent in the street it’s awful. If you go back he never once said “you’re wrong” and he said to everyone “I respect your opinion”. That’s my main issue. He wasn’t aggressive to anyone and clearly didn’t want anyone to take anything the wrong way while also showing loyalty to his own. But again he is gone now so I guess some got what they wanted. I will be gone soon too. I responded to you because I felt your post about being civil despite different opinions was very good and fair.
ESOMKnicks

1/31/2021  1:57 PM
He had a chance to explain in the very same message where he doled out the epithets.
StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  1:58 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:He had a chance to explain in the very same message where he doled out the epithets.
. Disagree
ESOMKnicks

1/31/2021  2:22 PM
Oh, come on. You can agree and disagree on matters of opinion, but not matters of fact. He hurled unsubstantiated insults, that was a fact.
StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  2:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  2:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:That piece of **** Trump is responsible for so many lost lives and utter carnage, hope he gets jailed.
Double Standard much? Hey Martin why didn’t you Call this out?
martin
USA
1/31/2021  2:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:That piece of **** Trump is responsible for so many lost lives and utter carnage, hope he gets jailed.

StarksEwing1, I've given you enough leeway here. If you'd like a very open back and forth with me on why I asked JCrusher to stick to Knicks only, let's have that discussion. Let's make it deliberate and open and let's let the rest of the posters here chime in when they think one of us is not on point. I'm ready and willing. Otherwise I don't know what you are doing.

ESOMKnicks

1/31/2021  2:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  2:57 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You flipped back 5 pages to pull this out! But this was a substantiated call. The guy's claim was that Trump is guilty because he incited the riot that caused lost lives and carnage at the Capitol. Now, one can agree or disagree with that interpretation of events, but at least his opinion had a basis. What exactly was Kamala accused of when she was called a piece of something?

StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  3:00 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You flipped back 4 pages to pull this out. But this was a substantiated call. The guy's claim is that Trump is guilty because he incited the riot that caused lost lives and carnage at the Capitol. Now, one can agree or disagree with that interpretation of events, but at least his opinion had a basis. What exactly was Kamala accused of when she was called a piece of something?

oh please. At least be honest for once. If you want to boot me from the site fine I could care less at this point. But what you did was a double standard. It certainly does help the paper my brother is writing so that was good I guess.
martin
USA
1/31/2021  3:04 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You flipped back 4 pages to pull this out. But this was a substantiated call. The guy's claim is that Trump is guilty because he incited the riot that caused lost lives and carnage at the Capitol. Now, one can agree or disagree with that interpretation of events, but at least his opinion had a basis. What exactly was Kamala accused of when she was called a piece of something?

oh please. At least be honest for once. If you want to boot me from the site fine I could care less at this point. But what you did was a double standard. It certainly does help the paper my brother is writing so that was good I guess.

This is a fellow poster replying to you, I think you are mistaking him for me.

I get the feel that you are a younger Knicks fan, much younger than most of us here. Wear your heart on your sleeve and quite frankly it shows. It's a good thing but it is getting the better of you.

StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  3:04 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

StarksEwing1, I've given you enough leeway here. If you'd like a very open back and forth with me on why I asked JCrusher to stick to Knicks only, let's have that discussion. Let's make it deliberate and open and let's let the rest of the posters here chime in when they think one of us is not on point. I'm ready and willing. Otherwise I don't know what you are doing.

Well I’m all for that. But as the moderator of course you’re going to get the support because you have the power to boot people out like you did to JCrusher and will do to me. My issue is that you didn’t reprimand the other posters doing it but only did it when it was about the leaders you support. I never bashed your beliefs. I just felt you were wrong what you did. You could have easily said JCrusher please don’t use that term but I’m more than willing to talk
StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  3:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  3:06 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I get the feel that you are a younger Knicks fan, much younger than most of us here. Wear your heart on your sleeve and quite frankly it shows. It's a good thing but it is getting the better of you.

Younger Knick fan? I’m married with 3 children. Please don’t make assumptions about me
martin
USA
1/31/2021  3:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Younger Knick fan? I’m married with 3 children. Please don’t make assumptions about me

Most here are late 40's and above, perhaps I was wrong but I was just guessing.

StarksEwing1

1/31/2021  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2021  3:10 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don’t feel comfortable giving my exact age(I wouldnt ask others either out of respect to them) but yeah I’m in that range
martin
USA
1/31/2021  3:12 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don’t feel comfortable giving my exact age(I would t ask others either out of respect to them) but yeah I’m in that range

Yeah, I was guessing mid-30's (and you don't need to confirm or deny, I wouldn't want to put you in that spot), I knew you had at least one which you announced previously and just assumed you had more kids than that. For me, cause I'm old as ****, anyone under 40 is young.

VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy