[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alot of Knicks on a mission
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/4/2004  5:52 PM
Timmy took up boxing and has been working on his game like a mad man.

Penny got his mojo back and keeps talking about bringing back the "old Penny".

Nazr, and Sweetney has been working out with Kareem and Aguirre all summer.

Houston has Crawford on his back.

Ariza wants to prove he could contribute now.

JYD is excited just to be here, dude hasn't stopped smiling.

Baker looks like he's a teenager. If you were to compare him to his days in Seattle to now it's like a whole different person. He doesn't even look like he did with the Bucks. He must be on Trimspa or Crack I don't know which one!

I'm excited about these Knicks......

For once we don't have to hear about KT's defense or his pick and roll or his whining about his role. Shandon no longer is the first guy off the bench......he's not even welcome to camp....he'll be there because of the rules but he's not welcome!

I simply can't wait!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
10/4/2004  6:10 PM
This is ISIAH'S TEAM and he's not done yet. A few moves could happen. It would have been best to have gotten Dampier and Crawford in the offseason. The Knicks still need someone in the middle besides the goat-milk drinking Mongolian center Bateer. I am happy about the free agent signings. It should be fun to see who stays and who doesn't.

And IT is doing something Layden never did...Having a few rookies play at the pre-season camps, such as Andre Barett, Trevor Ariza, and a few other peeps.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/4/2004  7:01 PM
Yeah, we obviously need someone in the middle, but Zeke only has so many pieces he can play with. Next offseason, when we have some big expiring contracts, look for Zeke to fill up this team's lack of a C.

For the mean time, I have no problem with Baker, Kurt, and Nazr in the middle (of course that's assuming this is only temporary).

I am extremely excited about this team. It is a good time to be a Knick fan.
Can you imagine how good we will be in a couple years?
LongIslandKnicksFan
Member: #496
USA
10/4/2004  7:05 PM
Matt, I imagine us to be a 50 plus wins season in about two years...and win about 46 games this season. Isiah is a great GM, and when the Knicks become contenders, don't be suprised when he coaches them...Imagine him on the bench coaching the Knicks...He is so coy, and he can be a really good leader on the bench in my opinion.

We should of gotten Dampier, but who knows what we can get at this trade deadline...I am happy with the way the Knicks are lined up, with all of these rookies fighting for spots in training camp. It's going to be crazy guys, and this is going to be a fun, entertaining season.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/4/2004  8:53 PM
I am glad to know that the Knicks are stepping up this season. It need to become a tradition.

I am happy with the moves he's made thus far. I'm also really glad that we didn't get Dampier. All the $$ he's getting isn't worth it IMO. Had he come here with a 4+ year deal, all the little girls whining unnecessarily about Isiah would have something realistic to cry about.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/4/2004  8:58 PM
I'm also really glad that we didn't get Dampier. All the $$ he's getting isn't worth it IMO.

I agree, 7 yrs 72 or 73 mil is just too much for a 30 yr old who really only had 1 good season.
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2004  9:33 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

I am glad to know that the Knicks are stepping up this season. It need to become a tradition.

I am happy with the moves he's made thus far. I'm also really glad that we didn't get Dampier. All the $$ he's getting isn't worth it IMO. Had he come here with a 4+ year deal, all the little girls whining unnecessarily about Isiah would have something realistic to cry about.

Agreed! That contract would have been an albatross within a few years. Dampier would have been too much too early. With the expiring contracts IT is going to have next season, there is no reason to believe a trade for a better big man with a more flexible contract can't happen.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/5/2004  12:43 PM
I personally think Nazr is just as good at Dampier....Dampier has been getting Nazr minutes and Nazr production for years until last season. I think Nazr can average a double double if he had Dampiers minutes.

Not getting Dampier puts the Knicks on the market in the next few years to actually pick up a impact player in his mid twenties....Dalembert, Eddy Curry, whoever else that might be available down the road. Signing Damp for 7 years would have been really dumb.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/5/2004  1:00 PM
Nazr will never get Dampier type minutes because either he will be on the bench in foul trouble or he will be getting abused by opposing centers.
Alot of Knicks on a mission

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy