Has been???
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/4/2020  9:37 PM
Go for Atkinson or re-sign Miller and call it a day.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/4/2020  10:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/4/2020  10:08 PM
I don't think he is coveted. I think he has coveted the Knicks job for a long time and has a relationship with Rose. Rose kept Perry. If his plan is to build relying heavily on his gm to make basketball decisions it seems logical to keep Mike Miller for another year Hiring the next gm after hiring your coach doesn't make sense.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/4/2020  10:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I don't think he is coveted. I think he has coveted the Knicks job for a long time and has a relationship with Rose. Rose kept Perry. If his plan is to build relying heavily on his gm to make basketball decisions it seems logical to keep Mike Miller for another year Hiring the next gm after hiring your coach doesn't make sense.

It helps Miller that Houston remains in the FO. But it's Miller's decision. I hope he recognizes what Miller did in the wake of Fiz. I'm not even that down on Thibs. I just believe Miller deserves a shot.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames
Member: #6053

5/4/2020  11:06 PM
Thib is going to get the job.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/5/2020  8:14 AM
I will say this. The Knicks should either get a new coach (whoever that is) or sign Mike Miller long term. We don’t want a lame duck coach. The players have to believe in the system and they have to believe the system is the one that is going to be employed going forward. If the Knicks are not willing to commit to Miller longterm, they should fire him and move on to someone else. I have been reading about Thibs, he might be just what we need to add discipline and accountability to the team, but also am not opposed to signing Miller to a 3 year deal. I like what Miller did and I think he is an up and coming coach.
Trust the Process
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/5/2020  8:58 AM
I personally think Thibs is a crusader who is going to rub the kids the wrong way. Haven't we learned that 'playing the right way' does not work well with players you should be developing? I think he is a step back from Mike Miller. How the **** did Thibs **** up his situation Minny so bad? They were loaded with high end young talent that needed to be developed and he had complete control. I know he used to be a Knick but Mike Miller actually is a Knick atm. He won COY in the league or whatever the **** its called. How is Thibs any better? Last year - is it last year? - he had the team ahead of schedule in my opinion. The directive should be develop the players like Knox not to win games and feature Marcus Morris but that came from the executive suite.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/5/2020  9:54 AM
I think the beat writers have nothing better to write about and so there is a perception that Thibs is coveted
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

5/5/2020  10:22 AM
I don't want him anywhere near this team. He overplays his players and in his personality (from what I hear) is a bit too much on the aggressive side for today's game.
He really did seem to get the most out of his players though... until he met Karl Anthony Towns.
He would be a great playoff coach for what we had when we had Ewing, Mason and co.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/5/2020  10:33 AM
martin wrote:I think the beat writers have nothing better to write about and so there is a perception that Thibs is coveted

I’ve also heard that Rose wants anything but.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames

5/5/2020  11:02 AM
Here's my thing. We all want the 90's knicks again. So shouldn't we want JVG or Thibs since they were coaches for those teams?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/5/2020  11:28 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:I think the beat writers have nothing better to write about and so there is a perception that Thibs is coveted

Interesting. I wonder if a rumor was floated to make Thibs a candidate for other jobs.
In regards to hiring a coach, I think Rose should wait until he hires his permanent gm before he replaces Miller. The next gm needs to be involved in hiring the next coach. I think Perry is just a place holder because things are so up in the air right now. Taking the same approach with Miller or giving him a two year deal would be the best approach in my opinion. Also, Miller might be the right guy for the job.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/5/2020  11:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Interesting. I wonder if a rumor was floated to make Thibs a candidate for other jobs.
In regards to hiring a coach, I think Rose should wait until he hires his permanent gm before he replaces Miller. The next gm needs to be involved in hiring the next coach. I think Perry is just a place holder because things are so up in the air right now. Taking the same approach with Miller or giving him a two year deal would be the best approach in my opinion. Also, Miller might be the right guy for the job.

Yes. All of this, yes.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/5/2020  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2020  12:11 PM
shouldn't we focus on a head coach who's had success as a NBA head coach, or should we continue to hire in experience coaches that have done nothing good for us (fisher, fiz, Jh) now you guys want mike like he was killing it
ES
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/5/2020  12:10 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:I don't want him anywhere near this team. He overplays his players and in his personality (from what I hear) is a bit too much on the aggressive side for today's game.
He really did seem to get the most out of his players though... until he met Karl Anthony Towns.
He would be a great playoff coach for what we had when we had Ewing, Mason and co.

Agree wholeheartedly with the above. He now belongs in a different era past...

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/5/2020  12:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:shouldn't we focus on a head coach who's had success as a NBA head coach, or should we continue to hire in experience coaches that have done nothing good for us (fisher, fiz, Jh) now you guys want mike like he was killing it

Times change knicks1248. This entire organization has been fixated on the past. Somehow results will change and turn into 1990s. Many people on this board have been here nearly 20 years. We’ve seen the franchise in abd out— best and most loyalist of fans— daily fans. How many fans do this? % very few. Most prescient fans do not want anything to o do w Thibs. He’s a has been abd failed in Minny because of that. It’s as n important time— we can’t live in the past

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/5/2020  12:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:shouldn't we focus on a head coach who's had success as a NBA head coach, or should we continue to hire in experience coaches that have done nothing good for us (fisher, fiz, Jh) now you guys want mike like he was killing it

Times change knicks1248. This entire organization has been fixated on the past. Somehow results will change and turn into 1990s. Many people on this board have been here nearly 20 years. We’ve seen the franchise in abd out— best and most loyalist of fans— daily fans. How many fans do this? % very few. Most prescient fans do not want anything to o do w Thibs. He’s a has been abd failed in Minny because of that. It’s as n important time— we can’t live in the past

Yeah but we have hired in experiences coaches in the past, and that has failed miserably. So if your looking at Thibs stop in minny (one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports)and judging him on that, thats being completely bias.

So what he wanted to bring guys in he had success with, Perry is acquiring guys he didn't have success with(draft bust) and failing even worse and people are happy we retain him on a lame duck contract

ES
wargames

5/5/2020  12:52 PM
Thibs is a tough one. Like does he suck or do the wolves Roster suck. Because the Timberwolves roster suck. He dragged them to the playoffs on Butlers back. Now they suck again.

For example like when D’antoni was here and he sucked, then went to LAL and there roster was full of injuries, and then he went to Houston. Now the league see’s him as a good coach.

That’s my one caveat on hating on Thibs. He may have been in a bad situation and on top of that him acting as the team president made him more horrible. If he came here we would have Mitch and Frank that alone might make him more successful here in NY.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/5/2020  1:05 PM

How do you define success? Hornacek was close to being coach of the year one season. Fiz was everyone's darling his first playoff season. Success usually starts with stability in the front office.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/5/2020  3:12 PM
Have to look at Glen Taylor owner of the wolves as constant issue. One franchise worse than knicks over the last 20 years and its them.
Funny, is there any credance that Thibs can adapt in some part to take the best of what he has and also evolve?
JVG has not coached in 13 years and yet Media discusses him. Thibs in similar light.
But fans are fixated on the past. I've seen somewhere besides 1248 Mike Woodson's name mentioned.
Thibs is a hard worker who I would imagine as part of his reentry would have had to addressed some of his behavorial issues and obsessions and at the very least have to coinvince Leon that he has.
All available coaches have issues, otherwise they'd be employed.
You will hear Brett Bulter mentioned if he pry's loose from 76ers simply because he works from PHilly, where Leon is from? or that he has done a good job over the years. If he was perfect, they would not replace him. Can he say he learned from his years of losing and change things if they were presented again? A smart man does.
Why do fans think a coach would replicate the past given the cast of players and management are different? These coaches are not stuck in time, they attend seminars, read books, visit with others and learn from each other. Players past performance is more static once they hit an apex based on age and condition. A young player apex is still unknown. For the most part a player by age 27 is who he is.
Coaching careers have ups and downs but can last decades.
Why is Tom Thibadeu coveted?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy