[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ESPNs Power Rankings.
Author Thread
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
10/4/2004  5:02 PM
21 (18) Knicks 39-43 Instead of capitalizing on NJ's disintegration, look for NY to go the other way. Expect the Lenny Watch to start soon, with Marbury passing sparingly and the usual logjam of undersized PFs.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
10/4/2004  5:18 PM
LMAO! He put the Bucks, the Cavs, the Celtics, the Nets, and even the Warriors ahead of us. Putting us at 21 is ludicrous. Oh well, guess it's just one more guy we have to prove wrong.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/4/2004  5:38 PM
Marc Stein is just another ESPN writer with a mad-on for New York teams. Sometimes I think they do it intentionally to pacify their readership in the rest of the country.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/4/2004  6:26 PM
who says we are better than the Cavs or Celtics? and have you checked our record aginst the warriors latlely? we havent beaten them in 3 years. the nets have taken a full huge step back --so thats just ludicrous and the bucks are no better but can still surely beat the knicks with TJ ford starting.

lets not get ahead of ourselves here--there is optomism but lets throw the ball up.

lets see us lose by less than 10 points opening night.
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/4/2004  6:57 PM
Who cares how low we are now? This is just another opportunity for us to prove them wrong.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
10/4/2004  7:07 PM
These power rankings shouldn't matter... There are too many question marks on many teams, let alone ours. I assume he used criticism to justify the low ranking...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/4/2004  7:47 PM
who says we are better than the Cavs or Celtics?

Knicks were better than the Celtics last year w/an injured Allan Houston & KT & no Jamal Crawford. The Celtics added Gary Payton who is unhappy as hell he even has to report to training camp in Boston...why shouldn't Knick fans think this team is better than they are?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/4/2004  11:04 PM
[

Knicks were better than the Celtics last year w/an injured Allan Houston & KT & no Jamal Crawford. The Celtics added Gary Payton who is unhappy as hell he even has to report to training camp in Boston...why shouldn't Knick fans think this team is better than they are?

Wow, you have already evaluated that the additions of Al Jefferson Tony Allen and Delonte West w/ Raef Lafrentz coming back =0? I must say,pretty cogent deduction!

IMHO:>) the additions of these players, especially the acquisition of Payton, will enable their star player[sorry Paul Pierce is better than Marbury:<(} to get back to +45% shooting with the additional spacing, athletiscm and ball movement. The addition of Jefferson +Lafrentz inside will help the Celtics clog the lane with shot blockers at both 4-5--something they didnt have last year.

they have superior athletiscm Pierce Davis Allen[who is probably the best athlete on both teams]+Bnks and a burgeoning 7 footer in Blount

this team is a much improved team
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
10/4/2004  11:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

who says we are better than the Cavs or Celtics? and have you checked our record aginst the warriors latlely? we havent beaten them in 3 years. the nets have taken a full huge step back --so thats just ludicrous and the bucks are no better but can still surely beat the knicks with TJ ford starting.

lets not get ahead of ourselves here--there is optomism but lets throw the ball up.

lets see us lose by less than 10 points opening night.

I never said we were better than the Cavs or the Celtics. However, we had the better record last season and we haven't even started pre-season yet so I would think that we would have the higher ranking. I can understand someone rating either one of those teams higher but the person should at least put a note on the side that (ranks 18-21 can basically go in any order) or something else like that. Instead, he just flat out put us there at 21 and said something along the lines that we are going to crumble and be a lottery team. I wasn't trying to bash the Celtics at all, I have said on many occassions that I think they will suprise people and that they will be our toughest competition for the Atlantic Divison title. As for the Warriors, there were always teams we didn't match up well against. This year however, should be different when we play them considering we are a much more young and athletic team.

As I said earlier, it's just one more guy to prove wrong.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MS
Member: #724
10/5/2004  9:16 AM
The Celtics have improved a lot from last year and the Knicks improved a little. Gary Payton is going to get 15 and 7, and they also have a more mature Marcus Banks, added with a rookie core of West, and Jefferson that has looked very strong...Than they added Googs who may or may not contribute, and don't underestimate getting Raef back who should really sure up their frontline with Blount who is ever improving...

Clevland kicked our ass nearly everytime we played them, we didn't win a single game, and thank god they lost Boozer otherwise they would be a much better team, as Lebron is better than "starbury"...Who says winning is the most important thing to him, what he should have said is playing with his head and not launching ill-advised three point shots is the most important thing....

The Knicks should be better than both these teams but as of right now there are question marks at 4 positions, so they need preseason to get the kinks out before they move up in the rankings
ESPNs Power Rankings.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy