[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jalen Rose says WWW told him Scott Perry is staying
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/6/2020  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2020  3:48 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshabit.com/2020/04/06/toronto-raptors-right-bobby-webster/amp/

Apparently Raptors are not making Bobby Webster available to talk to the Bulls.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/6/2020  5:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2020  3:10 AM
wargames wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshabit.com/2020/04/06/toronto-raptors-right-bobby-webster/amp/

Yep, so means we have no shot at him either. Weren’t we interested in the nuggets gm though? (Or was it someone else in their front office?)

The Chicago Bulls have interviews planned with Arturas Karnisovas and Justin Zanik.

Karnisovas is currently general manager of the Denver Nuggets while Zanik holds the same position with the Utah Jazz.

Zanik attended Northwestern and also has experience as a player agent.

The Bulls are increasingly less less likely to interview Bobby Webster of the Toronto Raptors or Adam Simon of the Miami Heat. Both Webster and Simon are expected to be retained by their current teams.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/6/2020  6:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshabit.com/2020/04/06/toronto-raptors-right-bobby-webster/amp/

Yep, so means we have no shot at him either. Weren’t we interested in the nuggets game though? (Or was it someone else in their front office?)

The Chicago Bulls have interviews planned with Arturas Karnisovas and Justin Zanik.

Karnisovas is currently general manager of the Denver Nuggets while Zanik holds the same position with the Utah Jazz.

The Bulls are increasingly less less likely to interview Bobby Webster of the Toronto Raptors or Adam Simon of the Miami Heat. Both Webster and Simon are expected to be retained by their current teams.

Interesting. I thought I read that Webster's contract is up after this season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames

4/6/2020  7:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2020  7:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yep, so means we have no shot at him either. Weren’t we interested in the nuggets game though? (Or was it someone else in their front office?)

Interesting. I thought I read that Webster's contract is up after this season.

He was but it looks like with the season still technically in effect they can say no. A counter point is the Cavs were ok with the Knicks interviewing Brock Aller.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/6/2020  7:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Most likely. Small chance Bobby just didn’t want to talk to Bulls in particular. When you have a really good job you only pick up phone for a particular few. His family living in NCY would be one of them (hopefully).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames

4/6/2020  10:42 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Most likely. Small chance Bobby just didn’t want to talk to Bulls in particular. When you have a really good job you only pick up phone for a particular few. His family living in NCY would be one of them (hopefully).

Reporters are saying the raptors have already more or less did the paperwork for him to return. Honestly I think we are overemphasizing the family stuff. However you never know. This might be a smoke screen to limit his options leading to the official offseason when he would be able to leave. On the flip there is a chance Perry is kept as GM. Especially because the draft is coming. Honestly there is a chance that is the only NBA function this year. It’s not the ideal time to bring in a new GM when Perry has been leading the effort up to now. Plus the rumors the Knicks might add an additional first rounder. It’s just not a good time to change horses for that roll.

CrushAlot
USA
4/6/2020  11:19 PM
Apparently Webster is under contract until the end of the 21 season.
TORONTO — The NBA has gone dormant. The Toronto Raptors, like almost every other club, are having video meetings mostly just to meet — making plans mostly just to plan for contingencies that may never arise.

What else is there to do in the midst of a pandemic that keeps asking questions that no one has answers for?

But late last week came some news, or at least the hint of it: As reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Chicago Bulls are moving on from their current management team after three years out of the playoffs and no clear path to contending any time soon.

Among their reported targets, not surprisingly, is Raptors general manager Bobby Webster, the mid-30s executive who has taken on a more public-facing role with the team over the past couple of seasons.

It is the price of success: When you help put together the first team to win an NBA title without a lottery pick on the roster, and when that team loses an MVP candidate and another starter and comes back the next year on pace to have a better record and poised to finish top four in the East for the seventh straight season, you get noticed.

Raptors president Masai Ujiri isn’t doing this by himself.

Keeping his executive team together as long as possible was one of the reasons Ujiri relinquished the general manager’s title and promoted Webster into it after the Orlando Magic head-hunted former Raptors GM Jeff Weltman in May of 2017.

It’s customary that teams don’t stand in the way of their people being recruited for promotions in the NBA. Bumping up Webster meant that only teams looking for a president or director of basketball operations role could realistically come looking.

But that’s what the Bulls are on the hunt for, and — recent struggles aside — the franchise that Michael built is still one of the premier destinations in the NBA.

Which doesn’t mean Webster is likely to end up in Chicago, his father’s hometown.

More from Sportsnet

Report: Raptors GM Bobby Webster wanted by Chicago Bulls
SPORTSNET STAFF

Raptors Rewind Watch Party: Raptors beat Bucks to reach NBA Finals
SPORTSNET STAFF
The sense is in this case the Bulls won’t be granted permission to speak with Webster, who is under contract until the end of the 2021 season.

Apparently Webster is under contract through the 21 season.
TORONTO — The NBA has gone dormant. The Toronto Raptors, like almost every other club, are having video meetings mostly just to meet — making plans mostly just to plan for contingencies that may never arise.

What else is there to do in the midst of a pandemic that keeps asking questions that no one has answers for?

But late last week came some news, or at least the hint of it: As reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Chicago Bulls are moving on from their current management team after three years out of the playoffs and no clear path to contending any time soon.

Among their reported targets, not surprisingly, is Raptors general manager Bobby Webster, the mid-30s executive who has taken on a more public-facing role with the team over the past couple of seasons.

It is the price of success: When you help put together the first team to win an NBA title without a lottery pick on the roster, and when that team loses an MVP candidate and another starter and comes back the next year on pace to have a better record and poised to finish top four in the East for the seventh straight season, you get noticed.

Raptors president Masai Ujiri isn’t doing this by himself.

Keeping his executive team together as long as possible was one of the reasons Ujiri relinquished the general manager’s title and promoted Webster into it after the Orlando Magic head-hunted former Raptors GM Jeff Weltman in May of 2017.

It’s customary that teams don’t stand in the way of their people being recruited for promotions in the NBA. Bumping up Webster meant that only teams looking for a president or director of basketball operations role could realistically come looking.

But that’s what the Bulls are on the hunt for, and — recent struggles aside — the franchise that Michael built is still one of the premier destinations in the NBA.

Which doesn’t mean Webster is likely to end up in Chicago, his father’s hometown.

More from Sportsnet

Report: Raptors GM Bobby Webster wanted by Chicago Bulls
SPORTSNET STAFF

Raptors Rewind Watch Party: Raptors beat Bucks to reach NBA Finals
SPORTSNET STAFF
The sense is in this case the Bulls won’t be granted permission to speak with Webster, who is under contract until the end of the 2021 season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/raptors-likely-rebuff-bulls-interest-bobby-webster/
wargames

4/6/2020  11:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2020  11:41 PM
If Webster becomes available in 2021 then maybe it makes sense to build up The overall FO, leave Perry in place next season. Give Perry a legit test run without Mills influence next season and if it doesn’t work out make Webster the goal in 2021. Especially in a FA class where the Knicks will want to make some sort of splash. Also honestly I am hoping we look like more of a team going in the right direction than we do now.

Brock Aller on the flip may be enough to hold the Knicks down this year because we have a lot of cap manipulation choices we need to wisely make.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/7/2020  12:58 AM
Season is not over. Can’t be poaching other teams guys.
My guess is Toronto needs to lock in Ujiri this off season for an extension. If not, then Let him walk and give the keys to Webster. Maybe Webster can run the bulls as President? As for giving Perry a “tryout”, I think one year is kind of silly. This is Leons show. Not Perry.
CrushAlot
USA
4/7/2020  1:10 AM
Nalod wrote:Season is not over. Can’t be poaching other teams guys.
My guess is Toronto needs to lock in Ujiri this off season for an extension. If not, then Let him walk and give the keys to Webster. Maybe Webster can run the bulls as President? As for giving Perry a “tryout”, I think one year is kind of silly. This is Leons show. Not Perry.

The article that said his deal goes to 2021 talked about the fact that both he and Ujiri's deals are up and they don't want to lose both. It also talked about Ujiri giving up the gm job so that any team chasing Webster would need to offer him the President's job. I think Nurse's deal is up after next season as well. The article mentioned that ownership loved Webster, wouldn't hold him back but also didn't want to risk losing both Ujiri and Webster.
wargames

4/7/2020  5:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2020  5:39 AM

Yeah but the tryout would be to work as Leon’s GM. Basically Perry would have to be able to communicate to other FO and at least set frame works for trades Leon to decide on. Similar to Mills. Also his opinions would be taken as counsel like when as rumors state he said No to the Rozier trade.

Nalod
USA
4/7/2020  11:27 PM
wargames wrote:

Yeah but the tryout would be to work as Leon’s GM. Basically Perry would have to be able to communicate to other FO and at least set frame works for trades Leon to decide on. Similar to Mills. Also his opinions would be taken as counsel like when as rumors state he said No to the Rozier trade.

Is that how it works?

Nalod
USA
4/8/2020  1:51 PM
T
he coincidence in the Bulls’ search for a new head of basketball operations isn’t as much that Zanik interviewed Monday and is considered a finalist for the job. It’s that Josh Paxson and Kevin O’Connor enjoy a respectful professional relationship, and the family ownership structures and philosophies of the Jazz and Bulls are similar. The Reinsdorfs, like the leaguewide perception of Jazz ownership, are known for running the business side and letting basketball operations do their jobs. – via K.C. Johnson @ NBC Sports
CrushAlot
USA
4/8/2020  5:07 PM
Kemet
Member: #6148

4/8/2020  8:40 PM
Agent Rose would do best hiring Thibs as the Knicks GM/Head-Coach, while letting Perry finish out his contract as assistant GM. Plus resign Miller to a 4 yr contract as assistant head-coach.
Adding Atkinson to Thibs & Miller's Knicks coaching staff would be the start of rebuilding a winning Knicks team.
Pat Riley said it best years ago, the Knicks are one of the top big market teams that need players, coaches, and GM on the same-page".
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/8/2020  9:11 PM
Kemet wrote:Agent Rose would do best hiring Thibs as the Knicks GM/Head-Coach, while letting Perry finish out his contract as assistant GM. Plus resign Miller to a 4 yr contract as assistant head-coach.
Adding Atkinson to Thibs & Miller's Knicks coaching staff would be the start of rebuilding a winning Knicks team.
Pat Riley said it best years ago, the Knicks are one of the top big market teams that need players, coaches, and GM on the same-page".

Not a fan of hiring Thibs as a HC, but hiring him as a GM too would be a disaster!! And why would Atkinson agree to be an assistant in NY when he will be able to pick from close to a half dozen teams to be the head coach?

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/9/2020  3:31 AM
The Chicago Bulls are set to hire Denver Nuggets general manager Arturas Karnisovas as their vice president of basketball operations, league sources told Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

The two sides are finalizing a multi-year contract after Kanrisovas completed his second interview.

The 48-year-old Karnisovas impressed the Bulls with his diverse background in the game.

John Paxson is expected to move to an advisory role. Gar Forman's future with the Bulls will also be up for discussion, according to ESPN.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257827/Bulls-To-Hire-Arturas-Karnisovas-As-Vice-President-Of-Basketball-Operations

Nalod
USA
4/9/2020  11:27 AM
Nuggs putting out some good execs over the years and run well. Warkentein, Ujiri, connelly, etc...........
Mostly coeincides with Kronke reorganization as they grew and the son, I think "Josh" took over.
As for Thibs........well as a fan we can't very well assume nobody "Evolves" if they are motivated. Even Riley had his ups and downs and had to change with the times. His success in each role and team was different then the previous. You build. Can Thibs? I don't know. Thats for Leon to figure out.
wargames

4/9/2020  4:34 PM
Kemet wrote:Agent Rose would do best hiring Thibs as the Knicks GM/Head-Coach, while letting Perry finish out his contract as assistant GM. Plus resign Miller to a 4 yr contract as assistant head-coach.

Thibs did horrible as a GM/Coach. Horrible!!

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/9/2020  5:07 PM

I'd like to think if Scott stays it's based more on a paucity of quality replacement candidates than anyone thinking he has actually done a good job

he certainly get's credit for Mitch, and Iggy seems intriguing but after that there are "incompletes" (e.g., KK) or grotesque F- (way he has mismanaged pg situation) and is i suspect at least complicit in the worst trade in our sorry history

(5)(5)
Jalen Rose says WWW told him Scott Perry is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy