[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jalen Rose says WWW told him Scott Perry is staying
Author Thread
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
4/3/2020  5:43 PM
From the Jalen and Jacoby podcast-World Wide Wes told Jalen Scott Perry will be retained. not much more detail other than "when I saw him in Detroit he said"
I'm good with that- give Scott a chance wout Mills
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

4/3/2020  5:52 PM
93BUICK wrote:From the Jalen and Jacoby podcast-World Wide Wes told Jalen Scott Perry will be retained. not much more detail other than "when I saw him in Detroit he said"

He is not gonna be GMing it though...maybe dir of scouting

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2020  6:03 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
93BUICK wrote:From the Jalen and Jacoby podcast-World Wide Wes told Jalen Scott Perry will be retained. not much more detail other than "when I saw him in Detroit he said"

He is not gonna be GMing it though...maybe dir of scouting

I think you are right. I would rather have him gming than Brand. KNicks probably would need to give compensation to get a gm that has been bad if they chase Brand.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames
Member: #6053

4/3/2020  8:15 PM
As long as they keep him away from the people he drafted in Orlando..... he should be all right.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2020  11:47 AM
Not worried. LTP will be calling the shots and the GM fulfills the task. Makes sense given the suspension of the league and the draft coming at some time. teams can’t hire. I have no issues with Perry as part of the process. I’d rather LTD refine the staff than wholesale change it. I’d even give Miller a three year contract. I like Atkinson as well.
At 8mm a year Payton has filled his contract well.
LTP can’t hire everyone that he ever represented or was from Philly.
CrushAlot
USA
4/4/2020  11:56 AM
Nalod wrote:Not worried. LTP will be calling the shots and the GM fulfills the task. Makes sense given the suspension of the league and the draft coming at some time. teams can’t hire. I have no issues with Perry as part of the process. I’d rather LTD refine the staff than wholesale change it. I’d even give Miller a three year contract. I like Atkinson as well.
Is LTP Leon Rose? Disagree about Payton. He should be a back up and not on the Knicks. If you can't hit the three or your free throws you shouldn't be a starting point guard.
Nalod
USA
4/4/2020  12:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Not worried. LTP will be calling the shots and the GM fulfills the task. Makes sense given the suspension of the league and the draft coming at some time. teams can’t hire. I have no issues with Perry as part of the process. I’d rather LTD refine the staff than wholesale change it. I’d even give Miller a three year contract. I like Atkinson as well.
Is LTP Leon Rose? Disagree about Payton. He should be a back up and not on the Knicks. If you can't hit the three or your free throws you shouldn't be a starting point guard.

LTP......”Leon the professional”..........
When you come into camp with Dennis slated to start, or Frank, but either rises up you need a reliable back up. What do you think 25 year old reliable back ups cost? Than steps up and starts and does a decent job.
Thats Elf. No, he is not starter nor paid like one.
IM not advocating he start going forward. He played up to his contract in my opinion. Nothing more.
You want to say we could do better? I agree. 6th worst team in the league.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/5/2020  6:08 AM
I think Scott Perry and Miller should stay even though I would not be opposed to hiring Atkinson. While I don’t want to put all our eggs in the 2021 free agent basket, it seems like the most logical approach is to try to solve our pg issue in the draft or FA this year, continue to develop Mitch, RJ, Knox, and Frank, and then make pitches to Gannis and Davis in 2021.
Trust the Process
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/5/2020  9:06 AM
TheGame wrote:I think Scott Perry and Miller should stay even though I would not be opposed to hiring Atkinson. While I don’t want to put all our eggs in the 2021 free agent basket, it seems like the most logical approach is to try to solve our pg issue in the draft or FA this year, continue to develop Mitch, RJ, Knox, and Frank, and then make pitches to Gannis and Davis in 2021.

I’m hoping Leon hires a coach that wants to retain Miller as his top assistant. Best case scenario for us.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/5/2020  10:14 AM
Id be more confident in Rose turning things around if Miller and Perry were retained for at least another season. Not because I wanted them to stick around, which I did. Its because Rose could have come in and cleaned house, so he could put his own stamp on the team from day one. Not factor in who might be worth keeping. Happens a lot in pro sports.

Yes Phil kept Mills, but Im guessing he didnt have a choice. If Perry/Miller stay I believe its on their merits. Guessing Dolan is giving Rose the freedom to clean house if he wants to. Doesnt look like he does Good news.

Said this early in the season, believe it still is true. We have plenty of cap room, more than anyone, or almost anyone. We have some very good young players. good scouting, good GM (IMO) But while Mills was team president, it was going to be hard to attract top flight players. His track record speaks for itself. He wasnt an asst like Perry at other stops. He was either team pres. or GM. Hopefully the relationships Rose has cultivated will bring us sone real stars, in their prime.

wargames

4/5/2020  11:21 AM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

LTP......”Leon the professional”..........
When you come into camp with Dennis slated to start, or Frank, but either rises up you need a reliable back up. What do you think 25 year old reliable back ups cost? Than steps up and starts and does a decent job.
Thats Elf. No, he is not starter nor paid like one.
IM not advocating he start going forward. He played up to his contract in my opinion. Nothing more.
You want to say we could do better? I agree. 6th worst team in the league.

LTP is a great nickname. I hope he lives up to it.

CrushAlot
USA
4/5/2020  2:09 PM
One of the hosts are n the per 36 podcast pointed out that Bobby Webster’s wife, son and in-laws are all live in nyc and that there is some talk that he might want to settle down and live and work in the same place.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/5/2020  3:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Id be more confident in Rose turning things around if Miller and Perry were retained for at least another season. Not because I wanted them to stick around, which I did. Its because Rose could have come in and cleaned house, so he could put his own stamp on the team from day one. Not factor in who might be worth keeping. Happens a lot in pro sports.

Yes Phil kept Mills, but Im guessing he didnt have a choice. If Perry/Miller stay I believe its on their merits. Guessing Dolan is giving Rose the freedom to clean house if he wants to. Doesnt look like he does Good news.

Said this early in the season, believe it still is true. We have plenty of cap room, more than anyone, or almost anyone. We have some very good young players. good scouting, good GM (IMO) But while Mills was team president, it was going to be hard to attract top flight players. His track record speaks for itself. He wasnt an asst like Perry at other stops. He was either team pres. or GM. Hopefully the relationships Rose has cultivated will bring us sone real stars, in their prime.

I like Perry as well and hope he is retained, although, if Webster wants the GM job at MSG, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to giving it to him. We wont be attracting any stars until we show signs of stability, for example, stop creating news stories off the court. Off course we need to start winning some games. I think we are at least 3 years out, at best.

Uptown

4/5/2020  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2020  3:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:One of the hosts are n the per 36 podcast pointed out that Bobby Webster’s wife, son and in-laws are all live in nyc and that there is some talk that he might want to settle down and live and work in the same place.

I like Perry and wouldn't mind if he is retained but if Webster wants the job, its a no-brainer.

Nalod
USA
4/5/2020  4:57 PM
Webster did a good job because his boss told him what he wants. Ujiri. he did a great job executing that. Love that Perry was no on board with Mills hail Mary trades at the deadline.
Phil kept Mills because Dolan only hired him a few months earlier. Clusterphuch Dolan created. Can't say Phil/mills had a riff but lets just say "knicks" sucked.
Uptown

4/5/2020  8:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2020  8:46 PM
Nalod wrote:Webster did a good job because his boss told him what he wants. Ujiri. he did a great job executing that. Love that Perry was no on board with Mills hail Mary trades at the deadline.
Phil kept Mills because Dolan only hired him a few months earlier. Clusterphuch Dolan created. Can't say Phil/mills had a riff but lets just say "knicks" sucked.

What evidence do you have that Webster was strictly a puppet to Ujiri's puppet master? How do you know they didn't collaborate or that Webster himself brought some ideas to Ujiri's desk for him to sign off on? Do you have proof that says otherwise? Am i missing something?

Again, I like Perry and would love to keep him. However, Webster helped build a championship roster and was a part of a stable/championship front office...His experience would be invaluable....

Nalod
USA
4/6/2020  10:25 AM
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:Webster did a good job because his boss told him what he wants. Ujiri. he did a great job executing that. Love that Perry was no on board with Mills hail Mary trades at the deadline.

What evidence do you have that Webster was strictly a puppet to Ujiri's puppet master? How do you know they didn't collaborate or that Webster himself brought some ideas to Ujiri's desk for him to sign off on? Do you have proof that says otherwise? Am i missing something?

Again, I like Perry and would love to keep him. However, Webster helped build a championship roster and was a part of a stable/championship front office...His experience would be invaluable....

Your not missing anyting except digesting my comment a bit extreme. Ujiri inherited a nice asset base in Denver and did very well with it. HIs predisesor had been exec of the year prior. His successor Connolly also has succeeded. Does Kronke JR, the managing partner not get any credit for this string of success? IN PHilly, Hinkie by decree of owner Harris set upon creating a vast treasure of currency to create a contender that the Collangelo's used. Despite all the mistakes they came so very close to what Toronto accomplished. PHilly get top finals via game 7 and Warriors breakdown, they are the champs. Post Colangelo Toronto Ujiri also walked into a nice situation and no doubt has elevated the team. Toronto's owhership is not centric on one billionaire personality/entrepreneur but is a large complany with many holdings. My guess is Ujiri has more autonomy than his peers with other teams. Joe Tsai in Brooklyn, Cuban, Josh Harris, Sac owner......all have more involvement with their teams and thus their presidents all have different circumstances.
Webster Im sure is more than qualified and I would agree he is brings a lot to the table. My point is the owner, the president, the GM all have to be on the same page and do so for a few years. Lets be real, Kawhi's shot don't roll in and Toronto loses again in the conf. finals AND he bolts for the Clippers would not have been a good look. Luck: "when opprotunity and preperation collide" smiled on Raptors when Klay and Durant broke. Warriors were clearly the favorite. Ujiri put them in a postion to execute. Webster as his GM had to have had a part. What I dont' know is what Leon is planning or his style so how can anyone say who a good GM is becuase he succeeded elesewhere when he is not the alpha to dictate the direction of the team? Not a "puppet mind you, but if Dolan for instance wants us to cash it all in for a starphuch like wheel and deal era is Webster that guy? Toronto made some good deals but they were circumstantial to those unique instances built from a team that had competed for a number of years.
Thats my point. Don't bring me Bobby Webster because he wants to live in NYC, do it because his talent is in the wheelhouse of what Leon is attempting to accomplish.

CrushAlot
USA
4/6/2020  11:13 AM
Nalod wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Your not missing anyting except digesting my comment a bit extreme. Ujiri inherited a nice asset base in Denver and did very well with it. HIs predisesor had been exec of the year prior. His successor Connolly also has succeeded. Does Kronke JR, the managing partner not get any credit for this string of success? IN PHilly, Hinkie by decree of owner Harris set upon creating a vast treasure of currency to create a contender that the Collangelo's used. Despite all the mistakes they came so very close to what Toronto accomplished. PHilly get top finals via game 7 and Warriors breakdown, they are the champs. Post Colangelo Toronto Ujiri also walked into a nice situation and no doubt has elevated the team. Toronto's owhership is not centric on one billionaire personality/entrepreneur but is a large complany with many holdings. My guess is Ujiri has more autonomy than his peers with other teams. Joe Tsai in Brooklyn, Cuban, Josh Harris, Sac owner......all have more involvement with their teams and thus their presidents all have different circumstances.
Webster Im sure is more than qualified and I would agree he is brings a lot to the table. My point is the owner, the president, the GM all have to be on the same page and do so for a few years. Lets be real, Kawhi's shot don't roll in and Toronto loses again in the conf. finals AND he bolts for the Clippers would not have been a good look. Luck: "when opprotunity and preperation collide" smiled on Raptors when Klay and Durant broke. Warriors were clearly the favorite. Ujiri put them in a postion to execute. Webster as his GM had to have had a part. What I dont' know is what Leon is planning or his style so how can anyone say who a good GM is becuase he succeeded elesewhere when he is not the alpha to dictate the direction of the team? Not a "puppet mind you, but if Dolan for instance wants us to cash it all in for a starphuch like wheel and deal era is Webster that guy? Toronto made some good deals but they were circumstantial to those unique instances built from a team that had competed for a number of years.
Thats my point. Don't bring me Bobby Webster because he wants to live in NYC, do it because his talent is in the wheelhouse of what Leon is attempting to accomplish.

I mentioned the living in nyc thing because it might give the Knicks a leg up in bringing in a guy regarded as one of the brightest young execs in the league. Thought that was obvious. Webster’s mantra has been everyone in the organization working together to create a winner. He is a pretty accomplished guy. He has spoken at the Sloan Conference. Before working for the Raptors he had high ranking positions in the league office. He is coveted if he leaves Toronto. He isn’t Steve Mills Mills will never work for a franchise other than the Knicks.
Uptown

4/6/2020  2:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2020  4:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
Uptown wrote:

naloD-backwards has been the one common denominator with the lack of stability that plagued this franchise for the last 20 years. Regardless of the GM and or Prez's credentials, our owner can't stay out of his own way. So that's always going to be an issue as long has he remains the owner. Can he stay out of the way and allow Rose and whomever he hires as GM do their jobs.

History tells us that he is impatient and within 2 years there's a strong possibilty that we will be back in the same boat again looking for a new prez and gm. On the optimistic side, we have hope and the NY Rangers. Again, I like Perry, but if Webster wants to come here, we have to hope Dolan steps back and allows them to do their jobs. Webster will be the only GM Dolan has ever hired that actually won a chip doing the job he will be hired for.

wargames

4/6/2020  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2020  3:25 PM
I think Rose is building out the staff. With all the chaos going on now it makes sense to keep Perry around, especially as the prep for the draft. Perry had a good reputation around the league.

With that said I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for Webster, though it’s not a guarantee. Webster is good where he is at and is already being headhunted by teams like the Bulls. If he comes it would be great but have the knicks been attached to trying to hire him like the Bulls have?

Brock Aller being mentioned as joining the staff I like though. The next few years cap manipulation will be key and Often is to making championship teams. The reasons the warriors were so dominant was Curry being underpaid and Rookie deals. Cavs benefitted like crazy for trading for. JR and Shump on good deals.

The Knicks are ahead of the curve with cap space and Need to use it wisely to improve. Mitch and RJ being on roomie deals need to be taken advantage of.

Jalen Rose says WWW told him Scott Perry is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy