[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

James Wiseman= David Robinson
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/1/2020  10:35 AM
This franchise so badly needs a player that can formulate an entire plan. A great center can be the conduit for 15 years of good times and this is one of those players. Willing to do a Dallas Luka Doncic type trade to get him. People sleeping on this guy— he’s one of a kind.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/1/2020  11:23 AM
I don't even think this Wiseman is as good as Ayton at the same stage. As good as Ayton is, could you say he's the next David Robinson? I get taking Wiseman if he's the best player available, but I wouldn't use assets to grab a guy who's not better than Mitch.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/1/2020  11:48 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:I don't even think this Wiseman is as good as Ayton at the same stage. As good as Ayton is, could you say he's the next David Robinson? I get taking Wiseman if he's the best player available, but I wouldn't use assets to grab a guy who's not better than Mitch.

Will be way better than Mitch

RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/1/2020  11:58 AM
Wiseman is good and has the potential to be a really good player in this league and the best in this draft. I said as much in the NBA draft thread....But, lets not forget how good David Robinson was coming into the NBA! Remember what he did to Pearl and that 'cuse team in the carrier dome in 86. Put Robinson in this draft and there is no debate who's the 1st pick.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/1/2020  1:09 PM
it's rare that Briggs and I agree at the top of the draft, for example, Beasley over Rose. That said I tend to agree with him here. While I do not like that he can't shoot a three, he has everything else. He also seems to understand how to play and that makes sense considering he has been coached by Penny Hardaway for most of his competitive years
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/1/2020  2:25 PM
The Admiral was 24 when he got to the NBA. He was a man. Late bloomer?

After growing from five-feet-nine-inches as a freshman to six-feet-seven-inches as a senior, Robinson decided to give basketball another try. Although he became a star center for Osbourn Park High School in Manassas, Virginia, he lacked the exposure and experience to attract the attention of top college recruiters. Robinson, who was more concerned with getting good grades, wasn't worried about a future in basketball and enrolled at the U.S. Naval Academy. Robinson joined the Naval Academy team as a freshman, but played little. However, during the summer between his freshman and sophomore years, he grew five inches, to seven feet. When he was finally done growing, Robinson stood seven-feet-one-inch tall. For the first time, Robinson considered the possibility of pursuing basketball on a professional level.

As a junior Robinson led his team to the Elite Eight of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) tournament. During the year Robinson averaged 22.7 points and thirteen rebounds per game and dominated on the defensive end, setting NCAA records for most blocks in a game (14), most blocks in a season (207), and most career blocks (372). Robinson's game continued to improve, and he was named to the Associated Press All-American Team in both 1986 and 1987. In his senior year he also received the Naismith Award as the College Player of the Year.

BRIGGS
4/1/2020  3:12 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:it's rare that Briggs and I agree at the top of the draft, for example, Beasley over Rose. That said I tend to agree with him here. While I do not like that he can't shoot a three, he has everything else. He also seems to understand how to play and that makes sense considering he has been coached by Penny Hardaway for most of his competitive years

Has the same body athletiscm left handed like D Robinson. Already 7-1 251 at the same age Robinson was 6-9 215. Has nice shooting touch which is rare for a big man. Looks a lot like chris bosh shooting but he’s bigger stronger more athletic. He’s going to be good from day 1. Live mitch but he doesn’t have the offensive game wiseman has. He can be a center piece The Knicks need a center piece just so badly.i don’t have to guess here with him. Like Dallas I’d pay up to get him if at all possible.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/1/2020  3:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:it's rare that Briggs and I agree at the top of the draft, for example, Beasley over Rose. That said I tend to agree with him here. While I do not like that he can't shoot a three, he has everything else. He also seems to understand how to play and that makes sense considering he has been coached by Penny Hardaway for most of his competitive years

Has the same body athletiscm left handed like D Robinson. Already 7-1 251 at the same age Robinson was 6-9 215. Has nice shooting touch which is rare for a big man. Looks a lot like chris bosh shooting but he’s bigger stronger more athletic. He’s going to be good from day 1. Live mitch but he doesn’t have the offensive game wiseman has. He can be a center piece The Knicks need a center piece just so badly.i don’t have to guess here with him. Like Dallas I’d pay up to get him if at all possible.

Why are you projecting this guy to be a sure-fire HOF like player when no one else is even close to that?

His deficiencies? Dude has 3 games under his belt

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
4/1/2020  3:47 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Why are you projecting this guy to be a sure-fire HOF like player when no one else is even close to that?

I think he’s a player we can build around. I look at his measurables 7-1 251 7-6 wingspan his lefty jump shot his post moves his athletic ability speed up the floor— he reminds me of david Robinson. Not many lefty prospects like him in the last twenty years. Plenty of tape on him excluding his 3 college games. He’s gonna be great . This team this franchise needs a base player — we’ve tried over the years— maybe we had a short term one with melo or even kp— but we need 1.other things can fall into place.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
4/1/2020  4:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think he’s a player we can build around. I look at his measurables 7-1 251 7-6 wingspan his lefty jump shot his post moves his athletic ability speed up the floor— he reminds me of david Robinson. Not many lefty prospects like him in the last twenty years. Plenty of tape on him excluding his 3 college games. He’s gonna be great . This team this franchise needs a base player — we’ve tried over the years— maybe we had a short term one with melo or even kp— but we need 1.other things can fall into place.

Plenty of high school tape on him? Like everyone else?

DRb had a ton of fundamentals and honed them quite nicely. It'll be interesting to see if this guy is David Robinson or Olowokandi

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/1/2020  4:53 PM
I have no problem taking Wiseman and I also don’t mind trading up for him.

There is a huge difference between Robinson at 24 and Wiseman at 19, 20 though. It’s not fair to Wiseman. With that said, when Briggs is hellbent on a player, I tend to take him seriously. Even in todays game, having a star center is so much bigger than having a PG who can’t shoot.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/1/2020  5:06 PM
I don't know. I love Mitch. I think I go with a shooter first before anyone else. We have 3 picks in this draft. I want all 3 picks to be knockdown shooters.
BRIGGS
4/1/2020  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2020  5:28 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't know. I love Mitch. I think I go with a shooter first before anyone else. We have 3 picks in this draft. I want all 3 picks to be knockdown shooters.

I like Mitch too. At any point whether player or asset he’s a great piece. I just hope for once we get pick 1. It will become obvious who pick 1 is by then

If I had my wish list

We get pick 1 or two and take wiseman
Trade Mitch for a high pick for Killian Hayes
Draft Pritchard 25
Sign Christian wood 4 years 80 mm
Sign Morris back 4 years 60 mm
Flip out Randle for our 34 and Dallas 1

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
4/1/2020  5:37 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I have no problem taking Wiseman and I also don’t mind trading up for him.

There is a huge difference between Robinson at 24 and Wiseman at 19, 20 though. It’s not fair to Wiseman. With that said, when Briggs is hellbent on a player, I tend to take him seriously. Even in todays game, having a star center is so much bigger than having a PG who can’t shoot.

For every David Robinson comparison there is Hasheem Thabeet

NYKBocker
USA
4/1/2020  5:55 PM
martin wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I have no problem taking Wiseman and I also don’t mind trading up for him.

and a BJ Mullens

NYKBocker
USA
4/1/2020  5:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I don't know. I love Mitch. I think I go with a shooter first before anyone else. We have 3 picks in this draft. I want all 3 picks to be knockdown shooters.

I like Mitch too. At any point whether player or asset he’s a great piece. I just hope for once we get pick 1. It will become obvious who pick 1 is by then

If I had my wish list

Draft Pritchard 25

Even if we get Wiseman, I don't want to trade Mitch. It's just the hard headed knick fan in me. I am loyal to homegrown players. That's probably why I hated the Melo trade.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/1/2020  6:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

If I had my wish list

Draft Pritchard 25

Can Wiseman box out? Robinson knew how. No way I want to see Mitch traded. Not a one trick pony with all the blocks. He's at or near the top of the list of players, the other team doesnt want to see in the paint, on both ends of the court.

Trading Mitch for a star could easily turn into a repeat of the Ben Wallace trade to Detroit. We have extra picks. Would rather trade unproven players, than proven ones. In this situation.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/1/2020  6:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2020  8:24 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

and a BJ Mullens

...and Nate Miles and Morris Almond. The list goes on. Some people on this board, including myself, watch just as much CBB as Briggs. It's just that he corners the market in November before most of us have a chance...btw, why isn't this in the nbadraft thread?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/1/2020  7:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2020  7:18 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

DRb had a ton of fundamentals and honed them quite nicely. It'll be interesting to see if this guy is David Robinson or Olowokandi

We're do we get this outside shot thing? The dude shot form has been erratic to go with a bad shot selection. I don't see this "post" game every one else does. Compare his footage to guys like Embiid and Ayton in college. His post game is really rudimentary. And there are things that other scouts have pointed out like his bad hands. Throw his stats out because 66% percent of those games came against borderline DII programs. I wish we could say that he improved throughout the season, but we don't have that data. Yes he has a nice physical profile, but so did Kwame Brown.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/1/2020  8:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

We're do we get this outside shot thing? The dude shot form has been erratic to go with a bad shot selection. I don't see this "post" game every one else does. Compare his footage to guys like Embiid and Ayton in college. His post game is really rudimentary. And there are things that other scouts have pointed out like his bad hands. Throw his stats out because 66% percent of those games came against borderline DII programs. I wish we could say that he improved throughout the season, but we don't have that data. Yes he has a nice physical profile, but so did Kwame Brown.

Andre Drummond basically sucked at UConn was drafted 9 but was way better than that. Wiseman has MUCH more offensive polish than Drummond today. This will be a colossal fail of a prognostication by wasserman. I hope we get to see a private workout video at some point.

RIP Crushalot😞
James Wiseman= David Robinson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy